Breweries that deliver to other states

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Benish, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Benish

Benish Meyvn (1,129) Mar 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Curious, are there any breweries that deliver to other states? While its a hard time for a lot of businesses, it would be great to keep breweries thriving by ordering beer online to ship to your home.

2. DISKORD

DISKORD Devotee (435) Feb 28, 2017 North Carolina

I'm wondering the same thing. It'd be nice to have a list of bottle shops and breweries that ship beer to other states.

hottenot and GreenBayBA like this.
  3. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,936) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

I am not sure how well this would work with laws and the legal side of things when crossing state lines. Also the cost of packing/shipping etc. I would be curious myself if any are but my hunch is no.

hottenot, GreenBayBA and Bitterbill like this.
  4. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Poo-Bah (7,008) Feb 20, 2009 Washington
    Society

I've been ordering beer from Holiday Wine Cellars in Escondido, CA for years with great service. Unfortunately their shipping radius is mostly the West. They are having a $10 flat rate shipping deal right now to their shipping territory ($55 minimum order for flat rate, but fair shipping rates for any order).
    They have a great selection of West Coast beer, great website/cart and good prices.
    Will not help Benish or Diskord, but hopefully useful for West Coasters.

5. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Aspirant (238) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Burial opened an online shop with shipping to 37 States. A lot of stuff sold out thus far, but they are putting new stuff up once it releases.

hottenot, treznor, beerindex and 2 others like this.
  6. Zorro

Zorro Poo-Bah (4,863) Dec 25, 2003 California
    Society

BevMo and Binnys. And yes they are stores and not breweries,

7. hottenot

hottenot Aspirant (299) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

Shipping beer for personal use is $$$$$.
    That is in the same state and less than 100 miles.
    Ordered about $45 in beer, paid $25 to ship.
    Not worth the money. Local is better anyway.

8. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,430) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

So much good beer locally that would make most sense in these tough times to me. I trade and whatnot but I’m fully supporting local breweries until this COVID-19 passes. They need all the support they can get.

cavedave, maximum12, hottenot and 4 others like this.
  9. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,936) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

Agree.
    I think if a brewery is large and able to ship out of state cool, go for it. But I am thinking most smaller places would not be able to do it and make money.

10. Benish

Trader

And that is exactly what I wish to do. But with social distancing, and being in the healthcare field, I cannot drive to a large city for a beer run.

pjeagles, mactrail, hottenot and 3 others like this.
  11. dennis3951

dennis3951 Savant (982) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

I'm only going to support the local breweries in NJ. Can't be concerned with out of state beers at this point.

12. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (780) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Burial won’t ship to PA, not sure why as Tavour said they will. My DE total wine won’t ship either.

Stay smart

Enjoy

hottenot likes this.
  13. fdonnelly

fdonnelly Aspirant (238) Dec 14, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

Yeah a few tri state area places were on the list from Burial as being not able to, fortunately NJ was not one!

hottenot likes this.
  14. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Meyvn (1,430) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Do you have any neighborhood breweries that you could go to or have deliver? Many places are delivering and many breweries are now shipping in state as well.

hottenot and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  15. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (5,404) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

To get beer shipped from state to state, it should need to be legal in both states, and they would have to use a shipper amenable to it. I suspect some companies/breweries will ship if you order it, after making it clear they're not responsible if confiscated. I see occasional postings on the Beer Haul thread showing shipments. "A friend of mine" had some Trappist Westvleteren 12 shipped from Belgium once. :wink:

#15 bbtkd, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    hottenot likes this.
  16. Benish

Trader

Sadly I do not live near any breweries. I live in a more rural area. 40 minutes from Madison - which is where I do majority of my beer shopping. But now is not the time to drive out there.

GreenBayBA, hottenot and AZBeerDude72 like this.
  17. blackngold41

blackngold41 Initiate (68) Jun 15, 2012 Connecticut

I'll piggyback off this thread as I'm also curious which breweries have started shipping their beers. A lot of states have relaxed their laws regarding shipping of alcohol to help support small businesses right now. Other than Burial, I'm wondering if other breweries have taken advantage of this and set up online shipping stores.

I will still be buying from local breweries, but this opens up the possibility of gaining access to beers not typically found in my area. Either way, small businesses are still being supported.

18. MonkeyBread

MonkeyBread Defender (613) Apr 26, 2014 Nevada
    Trader

Tons of breweries in California are shipping in state. The Bruery also seems to be shipping to a small part of Nevada in addition to California. Not aware of any other breweries going across state lines though.

19. beersampler6

beersampler6 Poo-Bah (1,636) Apr 4, 2018 Michigan
    Society Trader

Great question.

I've also been trying to support the (many) amazing local breweries here - both by buying food/beer to-go and also tipping well. I also work in healthcare so can't just take any significant time off to drive too far away to visit other places.

20. rolltide8425

rolltide8425 Meyvn (1,269) Feb 18, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

This makes much more logistical and financial sense than trying to go nationwide; several breweries in PA are doing it as well.

21. Rkitchen

Rkitchen Aspirant (217) Feb 18, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

Just stumbled upon a couple options for out of state delivery.

Adroit Theory - if it’s takes your address when checking out, they will deliver to you. Some cool stuff with, wicked art, available and shipping was reasonable. Excited to try these guys out.

Burial Beer - shipping to 37 states. Quite a few options. Found shipping to be a bit high, but might give them another look in the near future.

We too support local, but most everyone in my area is in distro, so not much for local pickup options. At least one of my go-to’s closed for being in a hot zone. That, and I’m basically trying to avoid any human contact at this point, so seeking delivery whenever possible.

Anyone else find any breweries shipping outside of their city/state?

MonkeyBread likes this.
  22. Samlover55

Samlover55 Meyvn (1,000) Oct 8, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

District 96 Rockland County, NY is self-delivering their beer to North Jersey.
    Industrial Arts on the other hand also here in Rockland, is delivering local but replied to a comment on Instagram that they can't cross state borders.

23. taalhiker

taalhiker Initiate (90) Aug 26, 2008 Ohio
    Trader

24. ben4unc

ben4unc Initiate (184) Feb 28, 2013 North Carolina

There are now breweries that ship beer during the pandamic that did not ship before! What are some amazing beers that are now shipped in your area?

I sure wish Russian River and Alchemist shipped to North Carolina!

Here are two awesome breweries now shipping awesome beer, check them out!
    Burial Brewing in Asheville NC https://shop.burialbeer.com/product-category/beers/cans-bottles/
    The Veil Brewing in Richmond Va https://shop.theveilbrewing.com/

both breweries listed above are selling out their online brews really fast and you have to know when they put them on for sale. I know Burial added new brews last night Wed at 8pm

***Edited to add that I am not affiliated with either brewery and I am supporting my local breweries as well during this difficult time!

Cheers!

VABA, PapaGoose03 and bubseymour like this.
  25. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (2,903) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Do state beer shipping laws still apply or is that all off the table now? If I can order Burial and Veil beers to my doorstep, I may not have much need for anything else. I've still got 1 can of Hawkwind left in my fridge from muling home from NC just before the lockdown.

26. ben4unc

They both list the states they can ship to on their websites!

27. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (6,443) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

28. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Meyvn (1,028) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

Many if not most breweries in Ontario are shipping beer in province. almost all that do, have lowered their shipping rates and are delving into their cellars to add to the offerings.

This google doc was created by the guy who runs bartowel.ca to keep track of them and list the shipping costs and options. 193 breweries currently listed. Very useful!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._9IuYq-e2l5U19ewAY-GAbws/htmlview?usp=sharing

29. RP3

RP3 Initiate (144) May 22, 2018 South Carolina
    Society Trader

30. SoCal_Matt

SoCal_Matt Disciple (333) Jul 13, 2014 California
    Trader

A lot of breweries in San Diego are doing this as well. Modern Times and Lost Abbey are the first two that come to mind. There are also a few breweries doing half off kegs and growler fills including Alpine and Alesmith. I have definitely been trying to support my favorite local breweries during this difficult time, and many of my friends have as well. I have definitely enjoyed some of the creative ways that breweries are approaching this situation. Hopefully, most of them can make it to the other side of the situation that we are currently in and supporting them is the best way to do that. It seems like many of them have been getting a good response from the community here based on social media posts of some of the breweries that I follow.

31. pmilb

pmilb Initiate (16) May 22, 2019 Florida

Yes, would like to see more that ship out of state. Would love to try stuff I can't usually get. All of my local ones only seem to be delivering within a few miles of the brewery.

REVZEB and MotorCityG like this.
  32. Benish

Trader

Unfortunately because I live in a rural area, I can’t swing to the local breweries in Madison for curbside pick up. Especially since I’m a healthcare provider. If I get sick, I can’t see patients; in a way that is me being selfish. But I want to tip my hats to all others that continue to support their local breweries!
    Today I bought beer from Burial, to be shipped to my house. I’m excited! I will keep you posted how this turns out.

I have been supporting my local restaurants in my town with curbside pick up. Solid tacos and wild-fire pizzas!

sulldaddy, PapaGoose03 and VABA like this.
  33. ben4unc

The Veil did a trial run for one day for online ordering and will be placing more beers on there. Their instagram is the best source for info!

VABA likes this.
  34. ben4unc

VABA likes this.
  35. Benish

Trader

Just purchase a box from Burial today. We’ll see how it turns out!

VABA likes this.
  36. ben4unc

Awesome, what did you order?

37. Benish

Trader

Two 500 ml sours, a 4 pack IPA and 2 six pack IPAs. Due to shipping, I’m splitting with a buddy.
    I wanted their stout but that was sold out quickly.

38. ben4unc

Cheers! Their IPA's are top notch! Hope you enjoy.

39. Ranbot

Ranbot Savant (912) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

Shockingly, it looks like Burial can ship to PA.

40. paulish

paulish Poo-Bah (2,004) Feb 2, 2014 New York
    Society Trader