Breweries you'd like to thank in 2015.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Flashy, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashy

Flashy Pooh-Bah (1,755) Oct 22, 2003 Vermont
    Pooh-Bah Society

For 2015 I would like to thank Fiddlehead, for providing a fantastic IPA that I can get on tap almost anywhere. Alesmith for Speedway and Oskar Blues for Tenfiddy, two fantastic, reasonably priced Russian Imperial Stouts and last, but not least, Sierra Nevada for Torpedo, my go to, cheap when I don't have any money, excellent IPA. Thank you again.

#1 Flashy, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    matcris, Broanoke and foundersfan1 like this.
  2. Urk1127

Urk1127 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Id also like to say a few things.

Thank you Sierra Nevada for caring about consistency and fair pricing

Thank you Two Roads. You are now my top looked for brewery.

Thank you @Sixpoint for high quality, fairly priced beers and being vocal towards fans in what you do and keeping new beers coming.

Cheers.

3. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What was it about Two Roads that caused this?

4. MacMalt

MacMalt Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,658) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thank you to Sierra Nevada, Founders, Weyerbacher, Ommegang, Southern Tier, Brooklyn, Carton, Firestone Walker, and Fegley's for another year of delicious offerings!

matcris, Premo88 and foundersfan1 like this.
  5. Beergasm1

Beergasm1 Crusader (408) Jan 26, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Thank you Trillium for making the best beers ever

Resuin and nc41 like this.
  6. pjbear05

pjbear05 Pundit (770) May 28, 2008 Florida

Thank you Lauder Ale, Bangin Banjo, Funky Buddha, and Salt Water breweries, for expanding my appreciation of local craft beer

The_Snow_Bird likes this.
  7. surfcaster

surfcaster Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Thank you:

Green Flash for bringing Nelson this way and taking it from almost non-obtainable to a regular (just stop "you had to have it then folks"-had it and like the new stuff just fine).

Wicked Weed for bottling Pernicious and Freak.

Sierra Nevada for staying remarkably solid and consistent.

Can't wait for 2016.

Badfish, cjgiant, matcris and 5 others like this.
  8. nc41

nc41 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Trader

One of the best anyways, which is quite an achievement in and by itself.

9. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Grand Pooh-Bah (3,096) May 7, 2015 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks to Cigar City and Funky Buddha for always putting out great new things.

10. Urk1127

Urk1127 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Their collaboration gose and the holiday ale. Both very excellent and for the price so 2016 ill be looking for a lot of their stuff. Also i really like drinkability in that you can have more than two in a sitting and the pils and saison do that for me.

11. Broanoke

Broanoke Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2013 Virginia

Stone, for putting enjoy by in six packs.

12. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Thanks to all the brewers I have tried this year. I noticed this year was exceptional for the Oktberfest . Thanks to Bittburger for making my favorite beer cheaply enough so that I can drink it ever day and good enough so that I want to.

13. laketang

laketang Pooh-Bah (2,993) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society

thanks to all the local breweries in Chicago area!

others include Bells, founders, and anchor.

14. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Grand Pooh-Bah (4,820) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@beace and Jackie O's for the interaction on here and with their customers at the tap room/public house and on their website and Twitter. Good people running a great brewery that has a Goose Island quality barrel program.

@Sixpoint for always providing information/answering questions and sharing some beers with us on WBAYDN.

Sierra Nevada and @sierranevadabill for not just producing quality beers at good prices, but continuing to represent so many styles. Especially lagers.

Last, but not least, Hoof Hearted Brewing. Such a great atmosphere at the releases. They are very cool about all of us just taking over their property for our own gigantic tailgate party/bottle share. Met many awesome people there this year. Oh yeah, the world class beers in 16 oz cans dont hurt either!:grinning:

#14 WesMantooth, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    cjgiant, Premo88, Broanoke and 8 others like this.
  15. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Thank You Tree House!!! For me, there is no other. Everyone else is at least 2 steps behind. Your beers are amazing, as is your customer service and every other aspect of your business. Cheers!

16. spark3148857

spark3148857 Maven (1,471) Dec 4, 2010 Ohio

Thank you Sierra Nevada for being the industry standard. Cellarmaker for continuing to produce incredible new beers as well as re-brewing some of the best from year one. Modern Times and Founders for expanding distribution to the bay area. Stone for recognizing the desires of the consumer and offering beers such as Enjoy By and Xocoveca in great formats.

17. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Grand Pooh-Bah (4,486) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks Tree House, have not had a bad brew from you. Out of the way, always a line but never a disappointment.

Thanks Trillium, consistently great beers which are reasonably available at your brewery. Expecting even more great things with the expansion

Thanks Jacks Abby , love the new place and the fun new beers. Like trillium, expecting even more great things in 2016 after your recent expansion

18. hopsputin

hopsputin Grand Pooh-Bah (4,017) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

Magnify Brewing - Makes some good beer, and they're located about 5 minutes away from me. Great atmosphere in the tasting room, friendly employees, and they brew quite a few beers for my local beer bar.

clake, absyrd1, DrStiffington and 2 others like this.
  19. njcraftguy

njcraftguy Savant (1,046) Apr 6, 2015 New Jersey

I have 3 for different reasons. Thanks to Founders for putting out great beers that I can find easily.
    Thanks to Grimm Ales for putting out some of the best beers I've had.
    Thanks to Magnify for being so close to home and putting out some amazing brews. Cheers

20. Oktoberfist

Oktoberfist Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Deactivated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.