Breweries you'd like to thank in 2015.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Flashy, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStoutHound

TheStoutHound Devotee (484) Mar 3, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

Big thanks to Central Waters for:
    -representing WI so well
    -making world class beer at a fair price
    -being so personable, approachable, and just good people to talk to
    -hosting great parties and always providing safe transportation
    -always striving to become better
    We are proud and fortunate to have you in WI!

2. MgoJohnStamos

MgoJohnStamos Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2013 Michigan

Thank you Shorts for being true to the state of Michigan. I love all our other beers, but Shorts has a special place in my heart for only being here.

MIbeer27 and foundersfan1 like this.
  3. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,525) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

All of them. If they weren't producing good beer, we wouldn't have anything to brag about on here. Cheers!

4. khargro2

khargro2 Meyvn (1,048) Jan 11, 2012 Tennessee
    Trader

Thank you West Sixth for all the great experiences this year. Thank you Wicked Weed for beginning to bottle and distribute more. Thank you to Sierra Nevada for building the most beautiful brewery in North Carolina. And lastly, to my favorite brewery Founders for never disappointing.

creepinjeeper and foundersfan1 like this.
  5. HopliteMpls612

HopliteMpls612 Disciple (305) Aug 31, 2015 Minnesota

6. Pete_2112

Pete_2112 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2014 Colorado

Sierra Nevada for making all of their beers absolutely fantastic and fresh. New Belgium for having a unique style that really appeals to me personally (Slow Ride is the best session IPA I've had! Also Ranger IPA is so tasty). Oskar Blues for packaging all of their beers in cans only (their new standard IPA is really special. 5 different Australian hops in that beer! Really good). And Deschutes for making such balanced, robust, delicious beers all around. There are so many more to thank! But these are my top. I know these are the bigger craft breweries in America, but if they're this big, then they must be doing something right, and that is definitely the case.

creepinjeeper and foundersfan1 like this.
  7. bleakies

bleakies Disciple (384) Apr 11, 2011 Massachusetts

Thanks Pretty Things.

I'll miss you.

8. jssf

jssf Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2015 California

I think Deschutes probably get a lot of credit, and I don't see a lot of naysayers, but I'd like to go on record saying that I think they do tremendous work on a large scale. And the podcast interview I listened to recently with Gary Fish only made me like them more.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  9. msscott1973

msscott1973 Devotee (468) Dec 28, 2013 North Carolina

Thanks wicked weed for bottling pernicious and freak.

10. JonB25

JonB25 Devotee (443) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Trader

Many thanks to Troegs, they provide great tours, food, and scratch beers.

11. semibaked

semibaked Zealot (590) Mar 27, 2007 Minnesota

Thank You Oskar Blues for making 3 of my top 10 beers of the Year (Pinner, IPA, and Death By Coconut).

Thank You Three Floyds for making a Cannibal Corpse Beer (was damn good too)

Also many thanks the following breweries for continuing making great beers:

Bells
    Founders
    Firestone Walker
    Ballast Point
    Great Lakes
    Lagunita
    Sierra Nevada
    etc etc etc

12. Afrech1

Afrech1 Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2015 Massachusetts

I would like to thank Wormtown in Worcester, MA for A) Giving me a job and B) For introducing me to Hopulence and Buddha's Juice. I would also like to thank Maine Beer Company for well, everything.

13. BodiesLexus

BodiesLexus Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2011 New York

Serious thanks to Olde Mecklenburg of NC for an incredible Reinheitsgebot-friendly porter that blew my world, and in general for brewing traditional beers with seriousness and modern ingredients. I'm glad to be a BA because of brewers like this.
    Also to Clown Shoes for being the progenitors of so many above-expectations of all styles. The adventurous brewers who seem to be everywhere now should aim to have Clown Shoes-level quality in all their adventurous offerings ...... it can be done, no excuses, no one-offs that don't speak well of the brand.

14. ReapersOfHop

ReapersOfHop Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2015 California

First, special thanks to Lagunitas, Golden Road, Drakes and Speakeasy for treating my friends and I and taking care of us this year.

Secondly, Thank you to Clown Shoes for your crazy labels, creative names, and good beer. 2) Founders for distributing to the west coast! 3) Sierra Nevada for continuing to be the most consistent brewery out there as far as pricing and quality.

15. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Zealot (531) Jul 4, 2008 Ohio

All those who have a solid year round lineup, a solid seasonal, I must buy @ least 1 each season, lineup; maintain a solid price point, bottle date, & have fairly accessible regional distro...I thank you.:astonished:

foundersfan1 likes this.
  16. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2012 Massachusetts

Thank You BLDG 8. You do one thing...and do it well
    Thank You Wormtown for BE(ing) HOPPY.
    Thank You Trillium for opening a second location
    Thank You Tree House for being all around wonderful people who make some of the best brew to boot.

Flashy, foundersfan1 and Axtimusprime like this.
  17. JohnnyB

JohnnyB Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2012 Massachusetts

Could I get some Norm??

18. skleice

skleice Aspirant (299) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Add Founders to my list. I appreciate beers like Backwoods Bastard, Imperial Stout, Breakfast Stout, Porter, etc. not only are the very accessible, but they are reasonably priced. Their rare and/or experimental offerings are very good as well.

#58 skleice, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    foundersfan1 and Karnivool1 like this.
  19. chrismann65

chrismann65 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2015 Texas

@Sixpoint : For, Always- keeping us up to date on everything going on W/ The Mad Scientist !!!
    Top Shelf: Customer service , Cant wait for 5 Beans & Cream to show up, this is going to be good:grinning: !!
    Hope to see lot's of 2016 Sixpoint beers in Texas this 2016. ! :grinning: Cheers Happy New Year !

foundersfan1 and SCW like this.
  20. Phoodcritic

Phoodcritic Crusader (771) Jul 3, 2014 Michigan

Founders, for bringing back CBS.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  21. SoulFroosh

SoulFroosh Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Maine

Miller, for their1 dollar 24 oz cans of Milwaukee Best.
    I've sank so many of those after a hard day's work this year.
    Cheaper than water. Nourishing. Crisp -- a classic American lager for the working class with a king's thirst.
    Cheers.

(PS: I'm serious ya'll)

zid and Chugs13 like this.
  22. HopBroker

HopBroker Disciple (375) Jun 5, 2015 Washington
    Trader

I'd love to give a shout out to Cantillon for putting on a great Public Brewing Session a few weeks ago. I traveled to Brussels during my 4 month stay in Europe specifically for the ocassion and I was overwhelmed by how great it was. The atmosphere, the beer, the tours, and the family were just great. I couldn't ask for a better 8 hours spent at a brewery. And thank you for bringing out some special bottles for sale and for consumption! I got to try so many that I thought were only a dream. Cheers to Cantillon!

foundersfan1 likes this.
  23. BillErickson

BillErickson Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2014 Massachusetts

TreeHouse - I've tried several beers by them and all are amazing so far! (and they are only 15 minutes from where I live)

foundersfan1 and Axtimusprime like this.
  24. Donco

Donco Devotee (486) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania

Editing my own quote:
    OMG! I forgot Clown Shoes for some great BA beers the past couple of years. Love you guys!

25. dutesanch

dutesanch Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 California

Modern times and Founders for expanding their distribution to my area and Firestone Walker for continuing to be awesome.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  26. timedwards3113

timedwards3113 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

While the bigger craft beer companies deserve praise for their quality I would like to thank my two local craft beer companies Shawnee Craft and Angry Erik. I have enjoyed not only their quality butime determination in sticking to the styles they brew best at, Shawnee with English style ales and Angry Erik with their Belgians. Most of all I have enjoyed their attention to getting to know their local customers. I am looking forward to canning and bottling in 2016 congratulations!

Cheers.

27. CB_Michigan

CB_Michigan Zealot (505) Sep 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Thanks to Bell's for brewing my favorite stout of the year (30th anny ale) and thanks to New Holland for reformulating Mad Hatter (huge improvement) and the Dragon's Milk variants. Awesome beers, easy to get, decent prices.

BreakfastStout and foundersfan1 like this.
  28. IRS4MEPLEASE

IRS4MEPLEASE Initiate (124) Jul 20, 2008 California

Thank you Sierra Nevada for consistent quality beers. Thanks to Sam Adams for a wide variety of choices. And to Firestone for high quality ales. Cheers!

foundersfan1 likes this.
  29. conoraugustine

conoraugustine Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2015 North Carolina

Wicked Weed. all of their beer distributes to my city, they have by far the best beer in the state, always have good stuff on tap at the 2 taprooms, and they handle beer releases very well

foundersfan1 likes this.
  30. fearfactory

fearfactory Aspirant (296) Aug 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Yep, for sure, many thanks.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  31. fearfactory

fearfactory Aspirant (296) Aug 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Also a shout out to a local fav BOG IRON, who really came on my radar in 2015, thanks for the hard work, brewing some real winners, and the excellent style choices.

32. Barnoloid

Barnoloid Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2015 Illinois

I would put out a thanks to Founders for continuing to look after their home town Grand Rapids (my second home) as well as expanding their footprint out

Also to Pipeworks, Off Color, Revolution and Spiteful (amongst others) for keeping Chicago on the map for innovation and quality

....and a few more to Breakside, Surly, Perennial and Alesmith for making some of the best beers that I tried for the first time this year

foundersfan1 likes this.
  33. Rosinante

Rosinante Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2014 Massachusetts

Thanks Otter Creek for bringing the best affordable beer imaginable.

Also Pretty Things.

Flashy, Givemebeer and foundersfan1 like this.
  34. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,423) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

A huge shout out and thank you to Founders, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Firestone Walker, Sixpoint, and Oskar Blues for your integrity, reliability, originality, availability, and affordability. I'll be sending many of my hard-earned dollars in your directions for all that you do in the near future. Thank you for making great beer!

foundersfan1 and chrismann65 like this.
  35. NanookinTexas

NanookinTexas Initiate (81) Jul 5, 2015 Texas

THANKS Brewery Ommegang!!! Three-Eyed Raven got me hooked on craft!!! I hope another collaboration with Game of Thrones season 6 is in the works? Count me in! If I could find Tripel Perfection and Hennepin in greater availability here in El Paso I'd get it. GREAT brews!

Also, Firestone Walker - Union Jack was my first try of an IPA. WOW!!! PLEASE figure a way to get it to El Paso, Texas? I have yet to find it anywhere here. My first try was in lil' ol' Prescott, Az, when I was visiting my folks this past October.

Others: Duvel, Stone (Arrogant Bastard, Dbl Arrogant Bastard, Thunderstruck, IPA, Coffee Milk Stout, all GREAT brews), Delirium, St. Bernardus, Deschutes. All produce some ourstanding brew!!!

I'll even include ROGUE! Lol....some may think I'm crazy! They produce some off-the-wall stuff (Sriracha Hot Stout - try using it as a marinade for a good piece of beef - GREAT stuff)!!! They really push the boundries of craft, in an odd sort of way!!! Come to think of it, isn't that the point of craft - pushing the boundries of brew??? IMO, ROGUE gets hated on for no apparent reason, other than trying some crazy stuff!

So many others yet to try!!!

foundersfan1 likes this.
  36. DrumKid003

DrumKid003 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 Oklahoma

1: Elk Valley - By far the best new brewery in Oklahoma this year. Quality brews all around this year, especially the Bourbon Barrel Mashie, Old Grizzly, Sweet Revenge & the only Oklahoma brewed Berliner Weissbier - Schank!
    2: Anthem - Still producing the beers (Belgians & Germans) that made them a favorite of mine 2 years ago with the same quality, and a couple of variations thrown in. Still wish they would mass produce the Earl Grey Saison & Coffee Saison they debuted at OCBF in 2014.
    3: Mother's - Still my personal favorite of the Missouri breweries.
    4: Boulevard - Always a Top 5 brewery every year, but this year was amazing when it came to The Calling, Deep Dive, Funky Pumpkin, the Smokestack Imperial Stout variants (although I'm still waiting for the Imp. Stout X Coconut to show up in state), & looking forward to seeing Early Riser in stores in the coming months. @TheJermis

foundersfan1 and JeremyDanner like this.
  37. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (2,139) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

Indeed ... I'd rather have you all than the alternative.

Prairie Artisan, Jolly Pumpkin and Jester King for forming the legs of my farmhouse pyramid ... Jester King in particular for being too good to be true and within day-trip driving distance.

foundersfan1 and chrismann65 like this.
  38. philsunset

philsunset Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2013 Michigan

Bells, Founders and Dark Horse. Their beer is most of what I drink.

foundersfan1 likes this.
  39. twistwrist

twistwrist Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2013 Georgia

Big shoutout to Devil's Backbone Brewery! This brewery, located only a handful of miles from part of the Appalachian Trail in Virginia, caters to hikers by offering free rides to and from the trailhead, a beautiful landscaped lawn for hikers to pitch our tents for the night for no charge, warm fires, good food inside a beautiful brewery, free showers (as of next year), the best hiker breakfast on the AT for only $5, and of course a wide selection of delicious craft brews. I'll be back, next time on two wheels!

VAcrossr and foundersfan1 like this.
  40. Davidstan

Davidstan Aspirant (287) May 24, 2014 Alabama
    Trader

Creature Comforts for their Tropicalia, SN for Celebration, and Anchor for a great lager

foundersfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.