Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Comment Brewers/breweries on forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by VladTepes, Apr 19, 2013.

1. VladTepes

VladTepes Oct 18, 2012 Finland

I wonder, is here a lot of brewers or breweries. Clown Shoes, Pipeworks, Evil Twin and Jester King at least, but others?
  2. fredmugs

fredmugs Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

If you're asking if individual brewers and breweries are on this site I believe the answer is yes. I've seen posts from the Rogue guy on here and Stone as well I think among others. If I was running a brewery I would certainly want to see what's being said about my products.
    kemoarps likes this.
  3. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

There's alot on here some make it known others choose not to advertise who they are or what they do
  4. VladTepes

VladTepes Oct 18, 2012 Finland

Yeah, what are nicks of those?
  5. Duesler

Duesler Oct 30, 2012 Connecticut

6. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

The mountain formus have quite a few.
  7. afrokaze

afrokaze Jun 12, 2009 Arizona
    Beer Trader

I can't remember all the names but I've heard from Patrick Rue of the Bruery, the head brewer from 50/50, Jacob from Modern Times, Tony the owner of Lagunitas, and many more I can't recall right now. And you can bet there are lots of them just lurking here too.
  8. flexabull

flexabull Mar 9, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

9. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Nov 13, 2008 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Garrett Oliver, Shaun Hill, Johnathan Wakefield
  10. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

Most bigger breweries have a member of the team that posts. Often times the brewer or lead sales guy.
  11. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Jun 18, 2002 Arizona

happy most are here, but I wish some wouldn't plug their own places so much. Isn't that a violation of terms of agreement or something? Anyway, for the most part I'm happy if they chime in when appropriate.
    kemoarps likes this.
  12. tommyz

tommyz May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Why? I guess I dont see the problem with that..
  13. tommyz

tommyz May 28, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Also, Larry Bell is on here too..
  14. yemenmocha

Being part of conversations is one thing, but plugging your own place is advertising.
  15. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Apr 8, 2008 Washington

Tony Magee gets on from time to time.
  16. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas
    Beer Trader

I think to come one and read is fine to remain anonymous , but if they are going to post anything about their beer or another brewery they should disclose who they are , not saying that they don't but I can only imagine that there are some who do that
  17. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

Dany from Fantome is probably my favorite brewer-poster.
    afrokaze likes this.
  18. dortenzio1991

dortenzio1991 Aug 12, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

In the is KBS and FBS the same beer thread, one of the brewers from founders chimed in. He didnt make it known he was a founders brewer though.
  19. HokiesandBeer

HokiesandBeer Jan 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Jean Broillet of Tired Hands posts from time to time, as does Bill Covaleski from Victory.
  20. klinger

klinger Oct 9, 2012 Ohio

Yes, and there are rules for that in the social media space. Not sure how forums fit into that, though. But, if you are plugging your product/service/establishment, etc., it's still word of mouth marketing and you must give full disclosure.
    kemoarps likes this.
  21. RichD

RichD Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Jack's Abby is on here and I will say that they are very helpful. If we have any question about their brewery or beers and we post it in the New England forum they usually throw a comment in there for us.
  22. yemenmocha

Yes. I don't have an example link right now or anything, but what I'll often see is what looks like just some friendly/helpful & positive recommendation for a place... but then you see the avatar and user name and it's the owner or name of that bar itself. :rolleyes: That's why it's particularly annoying, because it's a subtle but not so subtle promoting of one's business. They should just pay up and advertise if they're going to do this. Contributing to general threads is another matter and that is cool, as far as I'm concerned.
  23. beertunes

beertunes Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

There are a fair number of our local/regional brewery owners and brewers that speak up the NW forum. Some make it known who they are, some don't. And I think it's OK either way.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!