brewery and bar suggestions for St. Louis

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by jewbrew, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jewbrew

jewbrew Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2010 Florida
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be staying in the union station area of st. Louis. Anything really worth seeking out?

2. spartan1979

spartan1979 Aspirant (295) Dec 29, 2005 Missouri

Schlafly Tap Room is walking distance from there. There's a new Flying Saucer also within walking distance. If you have a car there's lots of choices:

http://stlhops.com/st-louis-beer-guide/

3. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Disciple (331) Sep 14, 2011 Missouri

Welcome! St. Louis craft beer scene is exploding.
    As mentioned, the Schlafly Tap Room is walking distance.
    Flying Saucer just opened downtown.
    The Bridge on Locust is great. Tap selection and food pairing are top notch.
    iTap Soulard and now in Central West End
    Urban Chestnut Brewing is in midtown, not far at all. Great beer garden.
    Six Row brewing is also in midtown.
    If you're willing to journey a bit:
    Cicero's Pizza in the Delmar Loop
    Civil Life Brewing
    Four Hands Brewing
    Perennial Artisan Ales
    Schnucks Richmond Center for bottles

jono0101 likes this.
  4. jono0101

jono0101 Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

ill add a +1 for all of the bolded ones

and i work right down the street from union station, hit me up if you want to grab a beer!!!

5. jackdaddy

jackdaddy Initiate (136) Apr 10, 2010 Minnesota

I'm going to be at the Sheraton Westport Plaza in June. Anything worth checking out nearby? Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance!

6. jono0101

Beer Trader

in westport you can throw a rock and find a fun bar to hang out at, drunken fish is a good sushi bar, if youre into that sort of thing. also, from westport, you arent all that far from two of my usual spots: exit 6, a micro brewpub, they make some really fantastic beers, along with always having some of the more rare offerings from other brewers as well, and shamrocks, an irish pub that has great food, rotates 18 taps, and always has a lot of really great options, all those places are without having to drive into downtown as well, you will have a lot of other choices if you are interested in going into the city, how far are you looking to travel from the hotel?

7. jackdaddy

jackdaddy Initiate (136) Apr 10, 2010 Minnesota

We have a rental car, so going in to the city would be no problem. 20-30 minute drive would be no problem.

8. jono0101

Beer Trader

well if you are going into the city, you can hit a bunch of different breweries (4 hands, civil life, perennial,schlafly, urban chestnut, six row), as well as some of the great beer bars listed above (iTap soulard, brodge taphouse, and flying saucer)

9. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (615) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I feel bad for you having to stay in Westport

jaminjohnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe