Bruery 2014 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by F2brewers, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (499) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Just remember that there's likely people who spent well over what you did.

:rolling_eyes: Sure thing bud.

Justinsosmart, TNeedles and spoonsock like this.
  2. Miruguy

Miruguy Initiate (180) Nov 22, 2010 California

Finally got to the tasting room yesterday - Befuddlement and ToD w/cacao + vanilla were standouts. Got a growler of SITR w/ boysenberries so will try that today.

3. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Devotee (413) Aug 30, 2012 California

True, but I know ppl that have spent considerably less and got an invite.

TNeedles likes this.
  4. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (59) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

Got my invite in the mail on Saturday. I live in NJ so obviously no TR monies spent... but I did over $1,800 without the initial fee or any shipping. I also maxed out almost everything I bought, while just passing on other things and I took advantage of a bunch of the second chance stuff.

Just another data point.

5. WortCraft

WortCraft Initiate (130) Feb 20, 2014 California

Anyone ever consider that it's maybe a lottery? Spend x amount of $,entered into lottery for x amount of new Hoarder membership openings.

TNeedles, CAbeerCAbeerCA and pmarlowe like this.
  6. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Aspirant (247) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

I'm curious if they consider the creditsused at the beginning of the from the WC and other infected beers toward qualifying into HS.

7. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I'm curious too. With the membership fee I'm over $1600 already, not counting this month. I won't be mad if I don't get an invite, just wondering what the algorithm is for getting in.

8. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (690) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Pretty sure my dart idea is our best bet.

KevSal, kodymupa, Loganyoung and 2 others like this.
  9. EJLinneman

Trader

I'm at $3,000 with the refund credit, $2,200 without. If I don't get an invite, then I'all be convinced that it's a dart board to decide.

grze and WortCraft like this.
  10. DougOLis

DougOLis Initiate (91) Aug 15, 2008 California

What all did you buy that justified spending that much at The Bruery this year (thus far)? Especially without the Hoarder beers.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  11. FrogOut69

Trader

I'm very curious about this also.

12. Scottie_A25

Scottie_A25 Initiate (172) Nov 4, 2013 California
    Trader

Tried some of the new allocations yesterday. A friend opened a bottle of Golden Orchard and we found it pretty decent. Something along the lines of a beer apple juice. Had White Chocolate and Ignis Fatuus at the TR. White Chocolate is drinking well, though I don't think I could ever have more than a glass. Also, had it on draft, not from a bottle. Ignis is pretty roasty and spiced. Did not get much pumpkin at all. I was not a fan but several in my group loved it. Just a preference thing.

13. EJLinneman

Trader

Maxed out everything and was somehow able to double up on the initial welcome sale. I also maxed out everything offered for second chance and have 6 or 7 Preservation Society accounts being charged underneath the umbrella of my RS account.

I have a small private Facebook group that only includes close friends that I allow to order the leftovers of my allocations after I'm done with them. @FrogOut69 @DougOLis

#1173 EJLinneman, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  14. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,446) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

Haha. It isn't nealrly the mess it was when fresh.

15. CyberMonk

CyberMonk Initiate (69) May 18, 2010 California

Just got a renewal notice via email too. It's just a facsimile of the postcard people are getting the mail, though; no new information yet.

16. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (89) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

I spent around $1600 and got my invite today. $0 spent at the brewpub.

17. EJLinneman

Trader

Got my invite today via email. Wallet is already crying.

spoonsock likes this.
  18. crbooher

crbooher Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2010 California

Tried White Chocolate and Ignis Fatuus in the tasting room from draft.

I liked this batch of White Chocolate better than 2013, not as much as 2012. Not tart or soured, but it's a bit lighter on the vanilla flavors than I was hoping. Still excellent, and the flavors may be better from the bottle, of course.

Ignis Fatuus is solid, but nothing grand. Think a porter with heavy nutmeg and a slight pumpkin aftertaste. I could have gone for more pronounced pumpkin flavors, but it's still very pleasant.

19. crbooher

crbooher Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2010 California

Oh, and SitR with Boysenberries was no longer available. :-(

20. JGam115

JGam115 Disciple (308) Apr 8, 2013 New York

Got my (delayed) invite. Glad to know the USPS really does follow the mail-forwarding requests it gets. I posted in they Hoarders thread a few weeks back, but I was at $2600 in the beginning of August. I'm probably around $2800 right now with one visit to the tasting room in May.

21. jumboj11

jumboj11 Aspirant (204) May 24, 2009 Georgia
    Trader

In the past, has the Bruery made the Black Tuesday glassware available online, post release event? I'm not going to be able to make it to the release, but would love a glass for my collection.

22. jamesar

jamesar Initiate (168) Mar 13, 2012 California

Mmmm double barrel black tuesday...

Darth_Ryan and TheSevenDuffs like this.
  23. TNeedles

TNeedles Aspirant (295) May 11, 2013 California

Tuesday just got WAY better.

Tickets for the release of 2014 Black Tuesday® will be going up for sale today at 2pm exclusively to our Society members via TheBrueryStore.com. You will find the tickets in the "merchandise" section of the website.
    The events will be held over two evenings at our Tasting Room. Sessions are at the following dates and times:
    October 28th - 4pm - 6:30pm
    October 28th - 7:30pm - 10pm
    October 29th - 4pm - 6:30pm

Due to the size of our Tasting Room, we are limiting sales to 1 ticket per member. We understand this isn't ideal, but want to let you know that with the anticipated opening of a Bruery Terreux tasting room in 2015, we should be able to accommodate more people in the years to come.
    Price: $55 (no further discounts applied)
    Included:
    • High end crystal tasting glass (option to purchase 1 additional for $15 at the event)
    • Catered, gourmet hand passsed appetizers
    • 7 taster tickets for Black Tuesday and it's variants (there are 8 options)
    • Unlimited Hottenroth "palate cleansers"
    Beer List:
    • Black Tuesday 2014
    • Black Tuesday Nitro 2013
    • Double Barrel Black Tuesday 2014
    • Sundae Black Tuesday 2014 (cask - winner of blending competition)
    • Pistachio Vanilla Black Tuesday 2014
    • Rum Barrel Aged Black Tuesday 2014
    • Chocolate Rain 2014
    • Grey Monday 2014

Curb71, grze, Sumdeus and 1 other person like this.
  24. grze

grze Devotee (495) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Trader

Looks like I'm using 3 tickets on double barrel and 3 tickets on pistachio :stuck_out_tongue:

KevSal likes this.
  25. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (690) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Isn't this the same night as Darkness Day?

Because, damn, those BT variants sound delicious...but I also want my Darkness.

26. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (569) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Trader

i guess i really can't complain about it being on a weeknight on this one

27. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Initiate (86) Jul 14, 2010 California

They will definitely punch your tasting sheet, limiting 1 taster per variant.

28. MikeT77

MikeT77 Initiate (159) Jul 2, 2010 New York

Dammit! I'm in NY and may have to plan to come out for the event. I want bottled DB Black Tuesday!!!

TNeedles likes this.
  29. FrogOut69

Trader

Only really excited about DBBT. Too bad.

Also, wasn't it $70 for 7 tasters, the glass, and a bottle of 2012 BT last year? (Plus the option to buy 2 tickets instead of 1). Interesting they decided to take away the $15 bottle of year old BT.

Kyle2k10 likes this.
  30. Kyle2k10

Kyle2k10 Initiate (86) Jul 14, 2010 California

$15 more per ticket last year and it included a bottle of the previous year's BT.

Edit: @FrogOut69 you got me by a minute

FrogOut69 likes this.
  31. rossthefireman

rossthefireman Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2008 California

Sucks for me, being that Im from NorCal I dont know of any other HS members personally so going by myself would be weird. That and going by myself during the week just doesnt work.
    I went to the Saturday session last year, brought a friend and didnt think it was too crowded at all.
    Oh well, next year I guess...

32. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (117) Oct 22, 2012 California

33. Birdrinker

Birdrinker Initiate (144) Mar 30, 2014 Colorado
    Trader

Can anyone share how the new release of White Chocolate is tasting? I was looking to trade for some to help roundout a bruery tasting I am having with some friends here in Chicagoland.

34. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (117) Oct 22, 2012 California

A few posts up.

35. the_trystero

the_trystero Disciple (355) Mar 19, 2013 California
    Trader

Meh, nothing on that list will be as good as BT with Boysenberries last year. Between the single ticket and that lineup I'm definitely passing.

luwak and ESCO138 like this.
  36. Miruguy

I always have a great time at this event and definitely get my fill of BT. I'm going to have a hard time choosing where to use my tickets this year, particularly with the additional Hoarders pours:

Port Barrel Aged Black Tuesday 2014 (Hoarders Exclusive)
    Mocha Wednesday 2014 (Hoarders Exclusive)
    Wineification II (Hoarders Exclusive)

Callmecoon likes this.
  37. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Initiate (154) Dec 1, 2011 California

If you're a Hoarder, you get the last two in bottles anyway (and we might even see Port?) so why is it hard to choose to drink a pour of one that you already have and one that you are getting soon?

38. Miruguy

bE
    Because I don't have the bottles (except MW) and want to try them. I'm funny that way.

Callmecoon likes this.
  39. FrogOut69

Trader

Yeah, I'm not too excited about using tickets on the Hoarder exclusives, although I find it a bit funny that we're getting additional variants that RS won't be able to try even in such a small setting. I may try Port just to see how overly sweet it is.

the_trystero likes this.
  40. TNeedles

TNeedles Aspirant (295) May 11, 2013 California

anyone able to get tickets yet? site is having issues and even when I got the page to refresh there was no option under "merchandise"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.