Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bruery 2014 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by F2brewers, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xul

Xul Crusader (766) May 18, 2008 California

RDMII likes this.
  2. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Aspirant (260) Nov 18, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Might be time for me to go home and go to bed. I even double checked untappd and noticed that they all said American Barleywine.

RDMII likes this.
  3. Calen301

Calen301 Initiate (41) Apr 23, 2013 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Any soon to be hoarders not happy that there are only going to be 6 HS exclusive beers next year? 2 of which come with the initial package.

4. the_trystero

the_trystero Disciple (367) Mar 19, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Not really, I re-joined because of just two of them, Melange #11 and Bourgogne Blanc. I'm splitting HS this year so it wasn't as big of a hit to have access to those two. If I hadn't split my HS membership I probably would have downsized to RS next year. That being said, sure, I'd love to have more HS-exclusive Terreux stuff but the exclusives were a small reason for me to re-join.

5. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

I'm renewing as a HS member because of allocation limits, not the exclusive beers.

6. eaterfan

eaterfan Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Yes. Now that I'm a Hoarder I'm upset they have any beers that aren't HS exclusive.

7. theperk

theperk Initiate (130) Jul 14, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Funny how that works....

God damn hoarders, I hate those guys... wait, what's this... oh, a hoarders invite... stupid reserve society, pathetic lemmings...

Trilogy, heatwaves, luwak and 5 others like this.
  8. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (79) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I'm going to be in LA leaving the morning of January 3rd. Do you think there would be any chance they could have my initial Hoarders order ready by then or should I not even ask?

9. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (692) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Looking back at my 2014 Society email initial/included bottles were ready for pickup beginning January 7th this year. January 3rd might be early but you never know.

10. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (552) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Could always email the society email and see if you can work out something special to get you your bottles prior to heading back to the midwest.

Breweries seem to like to work with their patrons to make sure they are satisfied. Or maybe we are just spoiled by MT and Jacob.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  11. mhenson42

mhenson42 Zealot (540) Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

It's not as simple as it sounds. I tried that when I was there the night before Aug. allocations were released. They don't get delivered to the pickup area until the morning of the release date.

12. SDReaper

Beer Trader

True, but giving some advanced notice might help out a bit. Never know until you try, worst case, they say no. Best case, you get your beers.

Either way, at the end of the day..you will likely be drinking a beer anyways. And Texas....you got JesterKing to fall back on. =)

Alphateam likes this.
  13. grze

grze Devotee (458) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

Is there any info on the extra availability of the Black Tuesday aged in rum barrels?

luwak and HopsintheSack like this.
  14. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I don't think I've ever heard anything beyond what was in the allocations email:

3 Bottles included with membership
    No additional sales

15. SDReaper

Beer Trader

Buddy of mine and I sent in emails to society and the responses we got back were along the lines of "we have enough for the society members but that would be it, no second chance sales."

Not sure if true, but that is what we were told at least. Hopefully we can be surprised and bottles magically appear.

luwak likes this.
  16. grze

Beer Trader

Thanks guys. I don't recall that part "No additional sales" in my email...Oh and I wish it was 3 bottles with my membership :stuck_out_tongue:

17. SDReaper

Beer Trader

#stuckinRS4lyfe!

RS internet high-five

Black_Rider and grze like this.
  18. mhenson42

mhenson42 Zealot (540) Nov 20, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Yeah. I always give advance notice. They just don't generally get the beer at the Society pickup spot before the announced date apparently.

19. grze

Beer Trader

Haha! Fo sho! Your post reminded me of: http://www.topgear.com/uk/assets/cms/a88f7d0b-8c21-4674-a0bc-a337e2ae0704/Large Image (optional).jpg

I love this car :slight_smile: Anyway, I'm trying to get an extra bottle for a friend from the East Coast who asked me about it a few months back, so if any of you guys are not in need of an extra one, let me know. I can swap it with you for a White Chocolate and a nice plus on my end...or something else.

20. Scottie_A25

Scottie_A25 Aspirant (254) Nov 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Does anyone know if Bois is still for sale at the Tasting Room? I know I saw it out there a while ago but I'm not sure about current availability.

21. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

22. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Disciple (333) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

I was there last night and didnt know Bois...but I was also kind of drunk so maybe I missed it.

23. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Here now. No Bois, no line for WC either.

24. Scottie_A25

Beer Trader

Dang. Thank you for looking out!

25. GabberGod

GabberGod Initiate (131) Jul 25, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Distillers outlet liquor in Poway, and South Bay Liquor in Chula Vista both had Bois when I was there a couple of weeks ago if you are in the San Diego area.

26. Scottie_A25

Beer Trader

Interestingly enough, if you search for Bois on the Bruery Store website, Smokey and the Bois is still up for sale.

27. DrinkNoH2O

DrinkNoH2O Initiate (174) Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Pretty pleased to read this on FB just now:

"It's that time of year: 7 Swans-A-Swimming draft and bottle sales begin at 2 PM today! For this year's winter seasonal we made a straight Belgian-style quadrupel ale. Our brewing team tasted through some of our favorite quads from Belgium and America to create the ideal recipe for a quad we just can't wait to share with our family during the holiday season."

So happy to get a standard Quad with no spices or crap added to it. Hope they knock it out of the park.

mdfb79, Lucnifter, riko and 3 others like this.
  28. MikeT77

MikeT77 Aspirant (207) Jul 2, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

I noticed that there is no Mash in 2015, but there is Mash & Grind. We had Mash this year, were supposed to have Mash & Coconut but then it was changed to Mash & Grind.....and there's been no word on that for 2014. I'm wondering if they're not releasing Mash & Grind in 2014 and instead pushed it to 2015. If so, I feel bad for those in RS/HS in 2014 that decided not to renew for 2015.

29. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Disciple (333) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

OMG, WANT THE QUAD NOW! One of my favorite beers the bruery has ever done was the beer they just called 4. I never saw it bottled, just on tap way back when, before the new tasting room.

30. riko

riko Aspirant (208) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

Officially feeling better about the two bottles of BA SSAS that are included in the RS membership...

mdfb79, m34josh, hiimrichie and 2 others like this.
  31. t0rin0

t0rin0 Poo-Bah (2,315) Dec 30, 2006 California

Anyone want to use my 2015 HS membership? Send me a message.

32. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (79) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I just got a personalized hand written thank you card from Carl Katz COO/CFO thanking me for being a RS member from Michigan, along with his business card. Did anyone else get such a thing? It still is pretty cool.

Calen301 and grze like this.
  33. Rocket80

Rocket80 Initiate (155) Nov 18, 2011 California

Anyone heard if/when they're planning another Barrel Aged party this November?

34. SUBER

SUBER Aspirant (251) Jan 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Easily my favorite event of last year. Great location, good food and not crowded. Looking forward to this year if they have one.

35. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Aspirant (264) Aug 24, 2012 California

Yeah I got something similar, but from a different person this weekend. I already tossed it, but I believe it was from a lady that was the director of marketing or something similar. I just assumed everyone got one.

m34josh and spoonsock like this.
  36. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

After how they handled it last year and all the requests to plan better, I love the fact that nothing was done.

37. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (1,522) Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

I got one from Jonas in Distribution. It just arrived today.

Rish907 likes this.
  38. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Devotee (466) Aug 30, 2012 California

I got one today in the mail, more than a week since the first person in here reported one. I spent over $2k there this year THUS far, and didn't get an invite to HS. No thanks. Could have gotten me for almost $800 now they get nothing.

spoonsock, Rish907 and MonRoRo like this.
  39. MonRoRo

MonRoRo Initiate (138) Nov 1, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Exactly how I feel about not renewing.

Rish907 likes this.
  40. MichaelGV

MichaelGV Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2008 California

Jamie sent me a very nice note. Much appreciated.

m34josh and jeezie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.