Bruery 2016 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'US - West' started by OCJeff, Dec 15, 2015.

?

Are you a new member, or are you a returning 2015 Soceity Member?

1. New 2016 Reserve Society Member

2. Returning 2015 Reserve Society Member

3. New 2016 Hoarders Society Member

4. Returning 2016 Hoarders Society Member

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LKFH

LKFH Disciple (305) Apr 9, 2007 California

Appears for me.

2. barhoc11

barhoc11 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2014 Michigan

Related to this SHIT question, what happens to RS beers after the dates that members are allowed to purchase? Do they increase limits to members? Do they archive the beers? Do they go out to distribution?

3. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Zealot (512) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Society Trader

For 2016 members we had until 1/11 to purchase SHIT allocations (that was the date listed on the store site, I don't think it was mentioned in an email). That window is closed so now it only shows for 2015 members and they (we) have until the 29th to purchase. It's also on sale to the public at the tasting room starting today.

HopsintheSack likes this.
  4. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (678) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Any creative suggestions for what I should/could do with my last bottle of Roble Blanco? It makes me mad every time I see it in the fridge. I ended up drain pouring my first bottle (like many of you) and I'm just exploring options before my last bottle gets the same fate. Thanks.

5. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

Yeah, you know I did get a touch of smoke on the light when it warmed up.

COBeerBuff likes this.
  6. SDReaper

SDReaper Crusader (715) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Limits won't increase.
    Beers usually archived.
    Only the ones that state "limited tasting room sales, limited distribution, general distribution" will head on that way.

barhoc11 likes this.
  7. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (561) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

Sit on it for a few years and it may get better? and yes, I know how terrible it was in the first place but I've had some pretty terrible beer turn into delicious monsters after a few years.

Lucnifter likes this.
  8. sinep

sinep Initiate (38) Jul 28, 2015 California

I want to drink them side by side with some friends, and it's going to suck if they release the brett lambicus at some point in the future. :-/

9. COBeerBuff

COBeerBuff Disciple (325) Jan 4, 2009 Kansas

It's possible that it could be released for general sale, following the end of the 2015 sale, depending on the quantities remaining. Since the beer is hitting national distribution, this is a good possibility. If not, as SDReaper said, the remainder could be added to their archives and will be brought out at random times throughout the year. You'll get emails about it, but it's also a good idea to follow the RS/HS Facebook page for these notifications.

10. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

i actually have a friend in vegas that loves that beer and is ISO of it, so if you just wanna get rid of it, lemme know and your problem will be solved lol.

CaptainFleeker and JoshBeerNow like this.
  11. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2014 California

Sometimes we get second chance sales, but that isn't that often. Unless it says its going into distro, they usually get held for a cellar sale at some point in the future (which could years down the road)

barhoc11 likes this.
  12. Deacon_Disaster

Deacon_Disaster Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2014 California

My wife was able to use it effectively for marinating and cooking some kind of chicken dish. Mexican flavours probably ... I can't really remember. Not the best use of a somewhat expensive beer but better than drain pour!

CaptainFleeker and wittyname like this.
  13. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 California

First rule of the Bruery: Never do the allocation math.

14. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (2,688) Aug 13, 2010 North Carolina
    Society

LOL, but as a current HS member IDGAF about how much I spend anymore. My wallet probably cares but I don't value its opinion.

KevSal, JoshBeerNow and Ilpalazzo like this.
  15. kbenson

kbenson Disciple (399) Aug 15, 2012 Texas
    Society

The other "math" I try to ignore doing is the math of how the heck am I going to drink all this beer I'm buying? Best not to think about it....

16. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,819) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

This beer as well as cacaonut and praecocia we treated like clay pigeons.

Pull!

I regret not taking pics/vid.

CaptainFleeker, KevSal and tommyguz like this.
  17. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Aspirant (230) Jun 23, 2013 California

I'm curious if they will do any variations of SHIT this year. I loved the coconut and cacao/raisins variations in '14.

18. COBeerBuff

COBeerBuff Disciple (325) Jan 4, 2009 Kansas

Cacaonut soured, but was interesting as a sour BA-stout for a while until it completely turned. Praecocia on the other hand, was only over-carbed I had thought (correct me if I'm wrong). We actually enjoyed that beer quite a bit, once I figured out to chill it extra and open it over the sink.

19. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 Initiate (0) May 10, 2009 Texas

You gotta pop trunk, son; pop trunk. @greenspointexas

20. Bigtimmyb

Bigtimmyb Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2015 California

Can we still purchase bottles on the 22nd when the allocation period ends or does it stop at like 11:59pm the night before?

21. Doomsayer52

Doomsayer52 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 California

It stops at 11:59pm on the 22nd. So you can order up until then.

mattolesh and Bigtimmyb like this.
  22. Bigtimmyb

Bigtimmyb Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2015 California

Awesome! Thanks! I want to know if I can throw my whole paycheck at them or not haha

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  23. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Meyvn (1,094) Jan 16, 2011 Texas

Pop trunk on that Roble Blanco, mayne. Its not that hard

boogercrack likes this.
  24. KevSal

KevSal Meyvn (1,195) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

what about hipster club?

25. Xul

Xul Champion (858) May 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Haven't opened one in a while but thought it was good upon release and haven't seen any infection reports about it. It got shit on because it was yet another cocktail beer, but it was actually pretty tasty.

Psyko, Buck86, vurt and 2 others like this.
  26. modernvista

modernvista Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2013 California

Picked up my beer today and hit the tasting room. Some notes:

1. Mocha Wednesday was off the hook good. i dont know what the f*** happened between last year and this year, but i had it fresh then and now, and imho - not even the same. i had it beside Black Tuesday Reserve and preferred it. [what the what?] - i wasnt maxed out, but am NOW.
    2. Chronology18 is freakin' good. i love love love it. i love bourbon, and i love bourbon aging, so i may be biased, but man - delish. MAXED
    3. Poterie Scotch was really good, but Chron18 beat it for MY TASTE. I think in isolation i would love it, but beside each other i preferred Chron18.
    4. Room For Me: was really tasty. i'm glad i maxed out.
    5. I liked White Chocolate. I never have before, so there you go. Not sure what to say about that, but it compared well to the other beers.
    6. BT Reserve is divine, but we knew that. Still, on a tuesday afternoon - fresh MW all the way for the win.

cheers!

Beernerds, boogercrack, bcc and 2 others like this.
  27. Doomsayer52

Doomsayer52 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 California

Last years batch of MW seemed much more chocolate forward than B1, and it seems like B3 (this year) is more like B1. I'm happy about that.

HopsAholic79 likes this.
  28. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

That was tasty.

WestCoastBeerDude likes this.
  29. HOPTOMIC_BOMB

HOPTOMIC_BOMB Disciple (327) Feb 18, 2014 California
    Trader

Has anyone gotten their membership cards in the mail yet?

30. aquazr1

aquazr1 Defender (676) Jul 27, 2013 California

I emailed them today about picking up this weekend and they said "The membership cards are still here for pickup."

31. SDReaper

SDReaper Crusader (715) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

Odd, I thought they were being sent out late last week to those that didn't attend the first SMM. At least now I can stop wondering if my card was lost in the mail.

32. HOPTOMIC_BOMB

HOPTOMIC_BOMB Disciple (327) Feb 18, 2014 California
    Trader

Okay cool,, thanks bro for the info.

33. TNeedles

TNeedles Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 California

Man the society desk must be at an all time high workload, emailed over 24 hours ago to pickup this weekend, and not even a confirmation email back yet. Usually it's only an hour or so for them to get back to me that the boxes will be ready. Last time I went in to snag a couple last minute impromptu bottles they quoted me a 4 hour wait. First time I had ever heard that, and that was before the cellar sale and new members joined.

tommyguz likes this.
  34. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

They did just post a job listing for society associates so i think they are short staffed ATM but actively trying to remedy the situation. $13.50 an hour if anyone is interested lol

TNeedles and smithj2154 like this.
  35. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2012 California

Took over 3 weeks to ship my Dec order. Emailed Monday if shipping my first Jan allocation was possible, they said yes but nothing yet. Holding my breathe at this point.

36. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (178) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Yes, They are very backed up from what Matt told me. I am not exactly sure why, but they are backed up.

37. Aztec_Chris

Aztec_Chris Initiate (65) May 7, 2015 California

Yeah, I sent an email at the end of December that still hasn't been answered. Told them I was looking to picked up in February and was looking through my records and never received anything for the Black Tuesday that came with my membership. Got separate order numbers for BA 7 Swans and Chocolate Salty BBLs but nothing for Black Tuesday.

38. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

I think they only recently started adding the included stuff as its own line item in the account history. Before then it was randomly added to the notes section of some other pick up....sometimes.

39. Desp59

Desp59 Defender (604) Jun 23, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

They forgot my Black Tuesday and I had to let them know about it. They fixed it quickly though. This was a week or two after the BT release though.

40. kbenson

kbenson Disciple (399) Aug 15, 2012 Texas
    Society

Did Bruery release Melange 1 (2016) for HS members to purchase? Is that something that will trickle down to RS members? I assume this beer is as great as it sounds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.