Bruery 2016 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by OCJeff, Dec 15, 2015.

Are you a new member, or are you a returning 2015 Soceity Member?

1. New 2016 Reserve Society Member

2. Returning 2015 Reserve Society Member

3. New 2016 Hoarders Society Member

4. Returning 2016 Hoarders Society Member

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OCJeff

OCJeff Aspirant (273) Mar 14, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

They pumped a ton of that stuff up to the Bay Area. Sadly it never was seen in the OC CostCo locations. We got Mash and a few other but no Poterie (at least that I saw or was reported).

Maybe that is a good thing. My wallet would hate me.
  2. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (126) Jan 5, 2016 California

Like their elements of funk series, saison rue, mischief.
  3. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Disciple (351) Oct 1, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Actually the Costco membership is the one I really should cancel. The savings are not worth the time required and the human press. I think we haven't been once this year :confused:
    SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  4. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (60) Mar 14, 2014 England
    Beer Trader

You are Costco-ing incorrectly.
  5. ernh

ernh Initiate (169) Jun 10, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Opened my bottle of Chronology 24 tonight and it was exquisite. Seemed extremely similar to the Anniversary beers, but at the upper end of the various years and variants. I haven't tried others from the Old Ale series.

How are folks liking the Wee Heavy series relative to the Old Ale series? I enjoyed the Wee 6 but wasn't as impressed with the 12. Tasty, but seemed to be all barrel flavor with the base beer totally underwhelmed. Did the Old Ale series do that before coming back majestically with the 24?
    King_Jaffe_Joffer9 likes this.
  6. DougOLis

DougOLis Initiate (185) Aug 15, 2008 California

Don't worry, if the beginning of this year has been any indication so far it'll trickle down to RS this year.
    mukesmemehouse and SoNiC21 like this.
  7. King_Jaffe_Joffer9

King_Jaffe_Joffer9 Initiate (122) Jun 11, 2015 California

I thought the same thing. When I had Wee Heavy 6, I was way more impressed than OE 6. The whole OE series was great. There was one I thought was a little under par. Overall great concept.
  8. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (42) Jun 3, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Really enjoyed the Old Ale Chronology series and am digging the Wee Heavy as well. So far I'd have to say though I am enjoying the Wee Heavy just a bit more.
    King_Jaffe_Joffer9 likes this.
  9. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Devotee (407) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Include me in the boat that has enjoyed both series, but prefers the Wee Heavy offerings thus far. If I had to pick, I've probably enjoyed the Wee Heavy 12 the most.

Have not yet tried my Chrono:24, but hoping to crack it this week.
  10. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (157) May 6, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Had a great time at the Terreux event on Saturday evening. Sour in the Rye with Black Currants and Oude Tart with Raspberries were my favorites of the one offs. Also really liked Frucht: Cucumber, Hottenroth w/ grilled peaches, and Decommission. Did some damage on the street taco bar! Finished the evening with a pour of Befuddlement. Attendance was just about perfect too. Busy, but not uncomfortably crowded. Another great event for The Bruery / Bruery Terreux crew.
  11. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (146) Jun 23, 2013 California

Just go for gas like I do. Worth every penny!
  12. Blackcomb

Beer Trader

Being more specific, the Wee Heavy: Coconuts (I think it's a Chron:12 base) needs to get bottled or come back next year. Kept doing growler fills while it was available, and now just pours but DAMN it's good.....
    MisterClean and wolf13 like this.
  13. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Disciple (351) Oct 1, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

So... please no one kill me but i'm really wondering when hoarders invites will land. With CASA renewal in Sept as well id like to know if I need an extra $400 beer money or not next month :stuck_out_tongue:
  14. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (240) May 2, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

usually they give you about a month to pay in case you need to subject yourself to a diet of top ramen to make up the difference.
  15. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (62) Sep 4, 2015 California

Upgrade and renewal information will go out prior to September 1. Cheers!
    grze, fegelFatso, Blackcomb and 2 others like this.
  16. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (62) Sep 4, 2015 California

Renewal / upgrade window will be open from September 1 through September 30.
    Blackcomb likes this.
  17. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Devotee (448) Apr 17, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Mmmm beef ramen with BT instead of water.
  18. Blackcomb

Beer Trader

Thanks @BruerJoel! Going to camp out at the mailbox. :grinning:
  19. mike409

mike409 Aspirant (220) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Melange 15 is stupid good! Glad I maxed and hope for 2nd chance. Walnut pops so big!
    m34josh and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  20. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Initiate (139) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah M15 has become one of my favorite melanges. It tastes exactly like rocky road, walnutty, chocolatey, marshmallowey amazingness.
  21. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (1,865) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

The Terre Sauvage Glass is up for Hoarders. 1 per Hoarder.
  22. adrez86

adrez86 Initiate (175) Oct 19, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

23. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (354) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Scored. Four more Blue BBLs too. Life is good today.
    SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  24. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (233) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

also up for reserve as well at 1 limit.
    johnInLA likes this.
  25. juji23

juji23 Initiate (129) Mar 15, 2015 California

This has probably already been suggested, but maybe Chocolate Rain should be re-branded as Chocolate Sunday.
    KevSal, Driznay, ernh and 1 other person like this.
  26. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (404) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Premium Member Beer Trader

It could be a CR variant with cherry, vanilla and caramel.
  27. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (1,865) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Wouldn't it be Chocolate Sundae?
    Driznay and Dka67 like this.
  28. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (271) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

TODAY is the last day to purchase August allocations!
    Driznay likes this.
  29. juji23

juji23 Initiate (129) Mar 15, 2015 California

Nah, have to keep the days of the week theme. But, the name also meets the mandatory pun requirement for a Bruery beer!
    vurt, SammyJaxxxx and johnInLA like this.
  30. ernh

ernh Initiate (169) Jun 10, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Lazy Sunday: Red Vine & Mr Pibb infusion.
  31. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

A friend texted me that he found Poterie at Costco for $12.97 in the bay area (Livermore?) this morning. As a joint hoarder member, I'm disappointed. I joined the hoarders to receive a discount on Bruery offerings. Instead I find myself paying $10 more (bought three bottles I believe) for the same beer now that the public can purchase.

Any explanation for this and is the Bruery willing to credit society members the difference for having a retailer undercut due paying members @BruerJoel? Thanks.
  32. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,133) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

This is akin to buying something & then wanting to return it because it's half off, only to buy it again the minute you return it.
    mukesmemehouse likes this.
  33. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

Wish it was that simple and you'd put a little more thought into what paying members are experiencing. Only difference is that I paid $250 down (we paid $750 between three of us) to ensure that we would receive the lowest price and selections not available to the public.

I like the Bruery beers, but am disappointed that they made us a special offer only to turn around and undercut (not judging their intention could be a distributor thing) those of us who have invested in their company. We love Bruery beer enough to be loyal members, but we'd appreciate it if they'd address our concern.
    beerdoggie and Joe_Mahma like this.
  34. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (263) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Totally agree!
  35. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Devotee (495) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Seriously, it's not The Bruery's fault because someone is selling it below the price point they set.

I don't know the laws, but that seems odd that a retailer is selling so far below the brewery set prices.
  36. PG2G

PG2G Zealot (501) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Best to consider Costco pricing as the equivalent of a sale or clearance (which it would be silly to ask Bruery to match) and keep it moving.
  37. cvm4

cvm4 Meyvn (1,133) Apr 27, 2011 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

Loss leader anyone? Special deal between distributor & Costco?
    vurt likes this.
  38. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (554) Mar 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Costco pricing should never be considered in any discussion like this, for beer or another product. They're able to order in large quantities, which creates a discount at purchase and an ability to sell anything at a lower margin. Add in the membership fees Costco also collects, and yeah, of course they're selling that beer (or again, anything) at a lower rate.

As others have said, it's one thing if the Bruery starts selling the beers for a lower price to the public. It's another if a large retailer (especially Costco) does. Some society beers are exclusive and not for public sale. Others are clearly outlined as public. The membership agreement doesn't guarantee every beer is society-exclusive, just certain ones. It also doesn't guarantee the lowest available price -- just a standing discount to members when buying through the Bruery's store.
    m34josh, BruerJoel, ernh and 4 others like this.
  39. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (157) May 6, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

When a Costco price ends in 7 it is a marked down closeout price for an item. One time I picked up a bunch of Pizza Port Santa's Little Helper (Imperial Stout in 22 oz. bottles) for $1.97 each. I doubt The Bruery has any control if an individual Costco location chooses to sell a particular item at a loss to sell through their remaining inventory. I would look at it on the bright side and pick up a few extra bottles at a great price!
    beerdoggie, gibgink, ernh and 2 others like this.
  40. no_comp18

no_comp18 Initiate (146) Jan 14, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Any Hoarders at the Terreux patio? I'mean a RS member here looking for a BT Reserve glass! Cheers!