Bruery 2016 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by OCJeff, Dec 15, 2015.

?

Are you a new member, or are you a returning 2015 Soceity Member?

1. New 2016 Reserve Society Member

2. Returning 2015 Reserve Society Member

3. New 2016 Hoarders Society Member

4. Returning 2016 Hoarders Society Member

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (555) Mar 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Sundae Bloody Sunday? Cherry & Chocolate variant on Black Tuesday?

2. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Disciple (351) Oct 1, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

So if BT is next month, does that mean there is a chance of GM this month? Christ I hope not... got three renewals to take care of and a Modern Times sale.

SammyJaxxxx and ivegot3Dvision like this.
  3. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,248) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Hoarders exclusive "day" varient of BT.

Is it just me or does that suggests hoarders only this year (unless sales are not that good then it will trickle down) but will be made in mass quantity next year for RS and PS?

Thats how the other weekday releases have gone, no?

4. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (63) Sep 4, 2015 California
    Industry

Grey Monday will be later ;-)

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  5. stakem

stakem Poo-Bah (5,248) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Really hoping its Taco Tuesday.

Black Tuesday aged with cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, lettuce, sour cream, sharp chedda and tortilla shells.

6. SDReaper

SDReaper Zealot (593) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Not gonna lie, would still get a bottle to try that mess. especially since there is no guac added, right @Black_Rider

kbenson, PG2G, SHODriver and 2 others like this.
  7. Bogart2930

Bogart2930 Initiate (147) Jul 11, 2015 Florida
    Beer Trader

Guac is always extra

8. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (262) May 2, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

It would be guac scented wax

heatwaves, KevSal, kbenson and 5 others like this.
  9. SDReaper

Beer Trader

I don't know you but I think I don't like you now. =)

10. grze

grze Devotee (473) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

How can you live in SD and don't like guac is the real question here.

11. SDReaper

Beer Trader

I also don't really eat fish.

12. grze

grze Devotee (473) Apr 17, 2012 Nevada
    Beer Trader

I'm surprised you drink beer :stuck_out_tongue:

rrryanc, Bigtimmyb and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  13. SHODriver

SHODriver Poo-Bah (1,708) Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Unless you go to Q'doba.

If it's pumpkin spice flavored I'm:

1. Blaming you
    2. Cancelling my membership
    3. Burning something Bruery related in effigy

14. LKFH

LKFH Disciple (328) Apr 9, 2007 California

I was born and raised in San Diego. I hate guacamole and have not eaten any seafood in probably 35 years.

grze and SDReaper like this.
  15. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,217) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I'm right there with you

JoshBeerNow likes this.
  16. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (163) Jun 23, 2013 California

BT Ideas:

Molé Thursday: Black Tuesday with Chocolate, and traditional Molé spices added.
    Friday Turn Up (Collaboration with Alt 98.7 FM): Black Tuesday Reserve with twice the coffee and cacao nibs as Mocha Wednesday. #youknow
    Red Saturday: Cherry Chocolate Rain basically.
    Lazy Sunday: Black Tuesday with apples, cinnamon, and lactose added. Tastes like breakfast cereal.

grze and Blackcomb like this.
  17. JulianC

JulianC Aspirant (208) Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

@BruerJoel @PMR The new site MUST show what's left to pick up. It's been 2 weeks when is this going to be fixed?!

18. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Zealot (593) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I did not realize this was an English class
    I will make sure I punctuate and utilize correct grammar going forward.

I hope this will help you to understand my post since you have little brain capacity.
    You should really think about going back to school and taking a class on social skills.

Black_Rider likes this.
  19. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (42) Jun 3, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

Ha, that was pretty good. Honestly can't understand the vitriol behind anything pumpkin related. There are many (IMO) very enjoyable beers that come out in the fall season.

SHODriver likes this.
  20. Miruguy

Miruguy Aspirant (208) Nov 22, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

I agree that people shouldn't nitpick grammar, spelling, etc., but that post was pretty much indecipherable. I just assumed you were drunk.

Sumdeus, m34josh and OCJeff like this.
  21. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (63) Sep 4, 2015 California
    Industry

We've been working on it since launching last week. I'll circle back here when there is an update.

JulianC likes this.
  22. Trio2shine

Trio2shine Disciple (351) Nov 15, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

@BruerJoel case to explain in further detail the thought behind the week long allocation window? Perhaps I missed a previous reply but it seems like a lot of inconvenient changes for long time members (Hoarders especially) that have invested significant amounts of money in the Bruery.

23. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (236) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

this does seem like the only thing they havent really touched on from the feeback here.

JoshBeerNow likes this.
  24. kbenson

kbenson Initiate (107) Aug 15, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I think that's exactly it, though. There are already MANY (possibly too many) pumpkin beers. I personally don't need another one, especially with BT as the base beer. I'd rather have Bruery start a new bandwagon then jump on an already overloaded one.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  25. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Isn't that the reason Autumn Maple specifically doesn't have pumpkin? A point made proudly on the label as I recall. I assumed that set the precedent for their approach to pumpkin.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  26. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (262) May 2, 2016 California
    Beer Trader

Speaking of Autumn Maple, I miss the BBA version...

27. tokimedo

Beer Trader

heres a new fall/winter release on the horizon.

[​IMG]

28. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Last night I had a 2012 bottle of White Oak at a restaurant and it was fantastic! Anyone recall what it was like fresh? I'm curious how much of the difference between it and a fresh 2016 is due to batch/blend variation and how much from the aging.

29. tokimedo

Beer Trader

looks like BT may already be bottled... at least a sneak peak at this years label..

Mantis, SammyJaxxxx and Bogart2930 like this.
  30. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Poo-Bah (2,217) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I have to admit that I had to look up Fenugreek to find out what it is.

31. GuidedbyBeers

GuidedbyBeers Initiate (153) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Indian food spice + Maple Syrup...ummm....just no.

boogercrack and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  32. cquiroga

cquiroga Initiate (185) Oct 14, 2004 California

It's a small seed, one of the main ingredients in artificial maple flavorings/extracts/syrups (like that bullshit-ass Aunt Jemima "pancake syrup" nonsense). Toast some fenugreek, grind 'er up, and it's an "easy" (albeit very expensive) way to add maple character to a beer without adding more sweetness or body. I'm guessing they wanted some extra "pop" of maple that the pure maple syrup wouldn't allow, either because it was fermenting out too much (if they added it while the yeast was still viable) or because it was adding too much sugar and body (if they added it after secondary). Either way, I hope it has allowed them to dial in some maple character in an appropriate quantity and with complexity for a 7.6% beer like that, and it's not just like carbonated chocolatey-nougaty synthetic maple syrup we're talking about.

I experimented a bit with fenugreek going in some Black Tuesday at one of the BT Tournament events a couple of years ago, and I remember Tyler King mentioning that they had used it in the past with another one of their berrs to get some maple character. In my experience, it really required a lot of fenugreek to get it to pop through the Black Tuesday, but that was a short-term extraction in a French press, and a monster of a beer. So it was not really viable for use in the BT Tournament, but I am sure there is better technique out there than what I employed that day. Also sure The Bruery gets much better pricing on fenugreek in bulk than what I picked up at the spice store. And in a "lower"-ABV beer like they're trying, I bet it could be really good....

And if it's an absolute maple bomb, probably should still be good to blend that sumbitch with some Black Tuesday (and, why not, some coffee in a French press)!

33. micahburns

micahburns Initiate (167) Oct 2, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

May I suggest using a parent's credit card? My mom gets craftsman tool perks whenever I use her Sears card for beer

34. SDReaper

Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    "
    An extra special release like this deserves an extra special bottle. Here’s your first look at a Hoarders-exclusive planned for release this coming Monday: The Bruery Hoarders Cuvee 2016. This beer is the icing on the cake - literally - as it took top honors in the Hoarders Cuvee blending tournament to be produced by The Bruery this year.

Featuring a nearly equal blend of our most storied bourbon barrel-aged beers - Black Tuesday and our anniversary ale - with additions of raspberries, vanilla beans and cacao nibs, this beer was designed by Hoarders Society member, Paul Moore, and his teammate, Luis Barriga, to embody the ultimate cupcake. It’s the first fruited beer of its kind out of The Bruery, and a fitting release for the first installment in the newly minted Hoarders Cuvee series.

Two bottles are included with each 2016 Hoarders Society membership, and more will be allocated exclusively to Hoarders Society members as well. Look for more information next week!"

bigdaddypolite and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  35. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Zealot (555) Mar 29, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

One issue I noticed related to keeping track of your orders: the confirmation emails are no longer detailed receipts. Small gripe, but those were definitely helpful for me to keep track of what I'm picking up for myself and the folks I trustee for.

boogercrack, fegelFatso and ernh like this.
  36. aquazr1

aquazr1 Crusader (709) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Noticed that also. The one available on the website is. Would be nice if there was an option to email that one out.

fegelFatso likes this.
  37. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (555) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

is that photo subtly implying that it's a drain pour? infected?

marcus23 and lanedlr like this.
  38. mike409

mike409 Aspirant (220) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I think its going to be THURSDAY

39. mike409

mike409 Aspirant (220) Jan 25, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Its going to be absolutely delicious and I am jealous i am not a Hoarder :slight_frown:

fegelFatso likes this.
  40. bnelson997

bnelson997 Aspirant (238) Jun 4, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Any finalists like myself competing in the Black Tuesday Treatment finals this Saturday?