Bruery 2017 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tokimedo, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Aspirant (202) Jan 20, 2016 California
    Trader

Bloody Stool Wednesday - Friday

2. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (568) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Trader

I went to Ireland for 10 days a while back and drank so much Guinness (and ate so much black pudding) that my stool was solid black almost the whole time

the more you know

3. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (215) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Just returned from the evening BT party. Overall an awesome experience and well worth the price of admission. Stars of the night for me were single barrel, 2012, and whatever the pistachio one was. Overall the variants that included some type of nuts were my favorite.

The food was great and I really appreciated the always full charcuterie boards. Seriously ate my weight in meat and cheese.

Mostra coffee was great, scored a bag of their bourbon barrel coffee beans and left them at a middle table before we left after holding them all night... Womp womp, super bummed about that.

Loved the beers, people, food, and ambiance! Definitely going again next year :slight_smile:

m34josh, yokels, thetastywort and 3 others like this.
  4. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (215) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Also mad props to @PMR for talking to everyone who wanted to chat while sporting a tux. I was standing at a table nearby and it was a revolving door of people wanting to chat with Patrick. Classy and engaging each time - that type of engagement is part of the reason I continue coming back.

BTW the barrel warehouse felt great, didn't feel stuffy or hot like I was fearing.

5. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (49) Jun 3, 2015 California

Had a blast yesterday at the party. Pours, food, and the company were all top notch. Thank you Bruery team for another amazing time!

m34josh, SuperWhip, Yabu and 3 others like this.
  6. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (269) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

awesome!
    What were your favorites, say top 3 ?
    how much were the black tuesday glasses?

7. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (133) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

375 size bottles are up for sale... grabbed a some Wanderers, perfect size for when you need to wander and sneak some good beer into the movies!

dirtyhalos and Yabu like this.
  8. PG2G

PG2G Zealot (547) Dec 26, 2011 California
    Trader

Pretty happy with those 375ml prices.

9. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (48) Dec 21, 2016 California

Tell No Tales is up (along with a few Terreux 375ml bottles):

"Mark well what you see here, mateys. This ain’t no ordinary tale or ale. Designed and destined for ye heartier souls, this spiced, autumn ale is filled to the brim with barrel-aged character from its voyage in bourbon and rum barrels. Brewed with yams, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and allspice, with a dash of barleywine flare, ‘tis the motherload of flavors to fly under the flag of Captain Rue."

Sounds delicious! Need tasting room reviews stat :slight_smile:

m34josh and Conneringo like this.
  10. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (233) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Seems like a crafty return of BA Autumn Maple? I used to get that on growler fills as it was fairly drinkable and cheap. Could also be nostalgia goggles too.

Scottie_A25 likes this.
  11. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (269) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

haha. that's a fantastic idea!

and yes, super happy to see small formats already available!

StrangerBrews likes this.
  12. gregoryG

gregoryG Initiate (199) Sep 8, 2009 California
    Trader

2009, b1. Waited in line outside for a few hours. When I got to the front I got to buy 3 bottles of BT and one of BA Partridge in a Pear Tree. Also bought a membership for the first year of reserve Society. BT really was a mind blowing experience back then....there was nothing quite like it. And everyone wouldn't stop talking about the chocolate variant that we got one 2oz sample of. That ended up becoming chocolate rain.

13. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (59) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

Yeah I had no problem nailing down the 6 bottles I wanted anyway. All good!

14. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (45) Jan 6, 2017 California

Praying that the Tasting Room taplists will offer something BT (other than 17' BT) to us peasants who were not able to make last nights festivities.

15. rrryanc

rrryanc Aspirant (286) May 19, 2006 California

@BruerJoel How does shipping work for the 375s? Treat the same as a 750?

16. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California
    Brewery

Yes indeed - good question! We'll be sure to send out an update when / if anything changes related to shipping.

rrryanc likes this.
  17. anvindr

anvindr Initiate (148) Jan 6, 2016 California
    Trader

yesterday terreux had mocha wednesday, grey monday, grandma knotts black tuesday and the normal tasting room had chocolate rain. not sure if youre looking for beers more "rare" than those but all of the variants were tasting great to me

Yabu and husbunny like this.
  18. husbunny

husbunny Initiate (45) Jan 6, 2017 California

The best kept Bruery secret is the Terreux Tasting Room...

19. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (162) Jun 23, 2013 California

That's an understatement! And the manager there (Ryan) is the man!

20. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (238) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

Time to stock up on more SHIT Coffee

fegelFatso likes this.
  21. Franch

Franch Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia

really, @BruerJoel? only 6 Black Tuesdays purchased on Tuesday itself are eligible to be picked up in DC? i've bought two cases of BT, but i can't have six of those sent to DC -- only if i were to have bought six on Tuesday itself?

ffs.

22. Franch

Franch Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia

you can't see the comments anymore, but the original blog post is here - http://www.thebruery.com/the-beer-from-hell/

one of the commenters suggested "Black Tuesday" as a name and @PMR liked it.

i suspect he's forgiven the beer at this point :slight_smile:

23. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (544) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

I've never read that, thanks for showing me that. My favorite quote from that whole thing is "a tidal wave of hot shit".

Blackcomb likes this.
  24. BeersandBread

Trader

I was at the tasting room yesterday and her are my notes:
    Reserve society 2015 Chocolate Rain: WOW, this beer was pretty amazing. Is there vanilla in this because I get tons of it with the chocolate and the bourbon... just amazing. I need to go back and get more! 4.5 out of 5
    Tell No Tales:
    Smells like cheap cologne. Tastes like a dump bucket at a beer tasting. This doesn’t work for me. 2.5 out of 5
    Black Tuesday 2017
    Tangy. What’s up with the tang? Looks like a barleywine, very light brown, by no means does it look like a stout. I was hoping they would correct themselves and make this years batch better but not or if the gate with me. Maybe it will age to be something better. Serverly dissapointed. 3.25 out of 5

25. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (452) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

BT is always tangy and dark brown, why would it be any different this year? Changing the recipe of their flagship beer would be a bad idea imo.

26. B_Horne

B_Horne Aspirant (283) Jun 12, 2014 California
    Society Trader

I am a new RS member this year and have a question- Is it possible to purchase bottles and choose the pickup option and then later change and have them ship to you?

I live in northern ca (8+ hours from the brewery) and would like to purchase a few bottles each time they are released... However if I could have them hold 3 bottles from one month and 3 bottles from the next month and pay the shipping only once it would be nice. I plan on holding most of the stouts for a while so there is no rush to get them.

27. BeersandBread

Trader

Really? So tangy that they drink it in space?

Because astronauts drink Tang!

I don’t remember it being tangy. Does it die down? All previous years I’ve had didn’t register as Tang.

28. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (181) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

I'm sure it's just you. Tasted as expected yesterday.

29. ernh

ernh Initiate (180) Jun 10, 2012 California

Yep. Choose pickup when you buy and when you've got enough accumulated go to the merchandise page on the store and buy a flex shipper. In the order notes tell them which of your old order numbers to include.

Remember everything you buy this year still has to be picked up or shipped by end of February.

30. BeersandBread

Trader

as expected as in tangy and a crap beer? Got it. Thanks for your detailed analysis.
    Next you will tell me Tell No Tales is as expected without saying it was good or bad.

31. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

Also keep in mind they won't split up orders, so if you bought say 6 in one order and 7 in another they won't hold a bottle back to make one box.

32. Hoppedelic

Society Trader

No ones saying it's a crap beer except you so yeah it's probably just you.

33. BeersandBread

Trader

No one has yet. As the new shirt says...

BruerJoel likes this.
  34. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

But he walked in with a negative attitude and found that it sucked! Clearly, it is awful, and we are all too much of Bruery fanbois to see it!

AyeDogg likes this.
  35. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

Hey, @BruerJoel, any way to get more of those Black Tuesday nuts from the release party? Those are amazing!

36. sponger

sponger Initiate (196) Mar 30, 2011 California
    Trader

Was it really worth $75? REALLY?

37. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (544) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

It's always had a tang to it, even going back to 2009. But, the perception of the tang could be heightened due to what you drank/ate right before you had it. Also, newly bottled BT is always hot and it takes awhile to mellow.

38. Blackcomb

Blackcomb Initiate (49) Jun 3, 2015 California

I'd say Single Barrel BT was a personal favorite, right up there with the Baklava treatment. Brazilian BBQ BT was super interesting too.

SammyJaxxxx, Fippy_Darkpaw and Yabu like this.
  39. Hoppedelic

Society Trader

$75 isn't a lot. That's less than 2 Bruery beers, or a concert ticket or a dinner at a restaurant or a ticket to a sporting event. How could you complain about $75?

40. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Devotee (415) Jul 31, 2010 California
    Trader

I dont have much to say about the BT Party, as I've never been able to go. But, $75 gets me into FWIBF, and that is epic.

dirtyhalos and Frosty11161 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.