1. Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14 & 15!

Bruery 2019 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Dec 30, 2018.

1. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (118) Jun 23, 2013 California

Hi Everyone!

New Year, New Beer! Welcome to 2019!

If you’ve been here before, you know what to do. If not, this is where we come to rant/rave about The Bruery in 2019. Make sure you follow Beer Advocate’s policies for posts.

Cheers!

2. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (430) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

I love The Bruery Reserve Society. I live way up in the redwoods of NorCal so the very best barrel aged beers that I have easy access to come directly through this membership. Looking forward to a great year of beers!

deezy14, yokels, skiking70 and 3 others like this.
  3. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Think you can add a picture for your avatar?

Frosty11161 likes this.
  4. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (126) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

INCLUDED BOTTLES FOR RESERVE SOCIETY 2019
    (Bruery Only, Bruery Terreux Only, and Mix below)

Reserve Bruery Included Bottles:
    In addition to exciting new formats like 16oz cans and more 375ml bottles your membership will come with the following 750ml equivalent bottles:

• 2x Apfelsap (an Apple Brandy barrel-aged Wheat Wine co-fermented with McIntosh Apples)
    • 2x An amped up version of Chocolate Rain with more cacao and more vanilla
    • 1x Acier (our barrel-aged anniversary ale)
    • 1x Cherry Chocolate Rain
    • 2x Brycescotti
    • 1x American Anthem
    • 2x Decadent Variants of So Happens It’s Tuesday
    • 2x Scotch Barrel-Aged 11 Pipers Piping
    • 1x White Chocolate Winter Warmer
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reserve Terreux Included Bottles:
    In addition to exciting new formats like 16oz cans and more 375ml bottles your membership will come with the following 750ml equivalent bottles:

• 1x A new honey beer project using locally sourced honey and a selection of barrels from our extensive barrel library
    • 2x Rueuze Reserve (an extremely small batch release hand-selected from our extensive barrel library)
    • 2x Annuel (A curated blend of our favorite barrels to celebrate the Terreux Anniversary)
    • 1x The first part a collaborative Foeder series with Dogfish Head
    • 2x The second part of a collaborative Foeder series with Dogfish Head
    • 1x Oude Tart aged in Port barrels
    • 1x A Terreux and Garage Project Collaboration
    • 2x Train to Beersel 2019 (our award-winning barrel-aged Wild Ale)
    • 1x Spontanaheim (Terreux’s first ever 100% Spontaneous fermentation beer)
    • 1x Side A collaboration ale with Side Project Brewing
    • 1x New exciting BBLs Concept
    • 1x A Terreux Red Wine Project brewed with Paso Robles Grapes and aged in oak
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reserve Bruery & Terreux Included Bottle List
    In addition to exciting new formats like 16oz cans and more 375ml bottles you’ll get the following 750ml equivalent bottles:

• 1x Apfelsap (an Apple Brandy barrel-aged Wheat Wine co-fermented with McIntosh Apples)
    • 2x An amped up version of Chocolate Rain with more cacao and more vanilla
    • 1x Rueuze Reserve (an extremely small batch release hand-selected from our extensive barrel library)
    • 1x Oude Tart aged in Port Barrels
    • 1x Cherry Chocolate Rain
    • 1x Train to Beersel 2019 (our award winning barrel-aged Wild Ale)
    • 1x Brycescotti
    • 1x American Anthem
    • 1x Rue d’Atittude (an Imperial Porter with Coffee, Cherries and Vanilla)
    • 1x Decadent variant of So Happens Its Tuesday
    • 1x Scotch Barrel-Aged 11 Pipers Piping
    • 1x White Chocolate Warmer

5. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (126) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

FOR THE UPPER ECHELON, The Hoarders Included Bottle List 2019:

• 2x a Hoarders-only Peach Cobbler variant of Black Tuesday
    • 2x a Hoarders-only More room for More (a wild ale with even MORE stone fruit)
    • 1x a Hoarders-only exciting new BBL Concept
    • 1x Apfelsap (an Apple Brandy barrel-aged Wheat Wine co-fermented with McIntosh Apples)
    • 1x Rueuze Reserve (an extremely small batch release hand-selected from our extensive barrel library)
    • 1x A highly touted bottle from this years Hoarders Box Series
    • 1x Spontanaheim (our first 100% spontaneous fermentation beer)
    • 1x American Anthem
    • 2 Rue d’ Attitude (an Imperial Porter with Coffee, Cherries and Vanilla)
    • 2x a Hoarders-only part 1 of the Terreux and Side Project Collaboration Series
    • 2x Part 2 of the Terreux and Side Project Collaboration Series
    • 1x An exciting new BBLs Concept
    • 1x Black Tuesday Grand Reserve finished in Grape Brandy Barrels
    • 1x A brand new decadent variant of So Happens It’s Tuesday
    • 1x Scotch Barrel-Aged 11 Pipers Piping
    • 2x A co-fermented wine beer hybrid collaboration with Groundwork Wine Co. using Graciano grapes from Paso Robles, CA.
    • 1x White Chocolate Warmer
    • 1x Thomas Rutherford (an experimental beer and red wine hybrid with Rutherford Napa Valley grapes)
    • 1x Cherry Chocolate rain
    • 1x An amped up version of Chocolate Rain with more cacao and more vanilla

Dimidiata, IKR, johnInLA and 3 others like this.
  6. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I suppose this was in an email somewhere? Here's hoping 2019 gets their shit together with email lists.

lanedlr and fegelFatso like this.
  7. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (223) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Looking forward to Rue d’Attitude!

8. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (90) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

If you got the e-mail yesterday (the one that mentioned the cards for benefits), this information could be found by clicking the button link. If you didn't get an e-mail yesterday, contact them about getting on the e-mail list.

9. fegelFatso

Done! Me sniffing a Grey Monday bottle... love the hazelnut wax!

10. irthesteve

irthesteve Aspirant (200) Mar 7, 2014 California

Excited for the year, still have yet to find a brewery that does what The Bruery can pull off successfully

11. fegelFatso

If I had to give them one area of growth to work on, it would be communication. That, and making sure I can try allocations in both tasting rooms during the allocation period.

But the beers are A+

12. IKR

IKR Zealot (598) May 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Notwithstanding some minor hiccups the Bruery has the only beer club I would be a member of. Good customer service and great beers do the trick for me. The reduction in Society pick up hours and sometimes lack of a guaranteed allocation time frame (this never occurred in the first few years) was slightly irritating but overall good times as usual for 2018. Hoping for an even better 2019 Society and 375ml bottles for all the high ABV beers.
    Happy New Years all!

13. RDMII

RDMII Disciple (385) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I didn't get any email. Hence me saying they need to get their shit together. Four years and I've never had a problem with communication, soon as they opened Offshoot that's been the only emails I get. I've reached out numerous times all year to get it straight. No fix in sight.

fegelFatso likes this.
  14. InfiniteJester23

Trader

For sure. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't miss the button; I know I've missed a few things since they started switching the format of e-mails every month...

fegelFatso likes this.
  15. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (235) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Opened up pb Thursday '18 tonight. So good, glad I have a few bottles left.

ernh, Conneringo, IKR and 1 other person like this.
  16. fegelFatso

Happy New Year Everyone! The 2018 thread is officially closed, and the 2018 allocations are officially gone. Bring on 2019!!!

Jonl0424, ernh and IKR like this.
  17. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (307) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Lol, come to DC where that has never happened. We don't have HS/RS/HS, it's all BBS- "Buying Blind Society."

Damn that sounds down right luxurious actually getting to try beers before plunking down $20+ on bottles.

18. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 Initiate (58) May 23, 2015 Michigan

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Hoarders benefits to kick in? I was gonna order some extra beers but still only gives me the reserve price!

fegelFatso likes this.
  19. ernh

ernh Initiate (141) Jun 10, 2012 California

In theory should be now, but maybe they won't flick the switch until they're back at work tomorrow. I'd just email them and ask.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  20. Prince_Casual

Trader

• Enjoy Hoarders benefits 1.1.19!

I'm sure if you bought something and it didn't give the right discount, they'd credit you back. I bet they are just at home today and will get things rolling tomorrow, especially if you shoot them an email to point this out.

Jonl0424 likes this.
  21. Dimidiata

Dimidiata Initiate (27) Jul 14, 2017 California
    Trader

So your "guest" that gets to use your discount at the tasting rooms now has to have a physical membership card and you only get that by picking it up at the Fulfillment Center? Hoping they have a mail option for the card since I'm not likely to be picking up in person any time soon.

ernh likes this.
  22. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 Initiate (58) May 23, 2015 Michigan

Kinda figured that, just wasn’t sure

23. PBRandJ

PBRandJ Initiate (99) Jul 18, 2016 California
    Trader

So if I went to every Society Member Monday and didn’t get an email about the beer / cheese pairing, is it time to contact them to ask what’s going on?

24. GiddyUp

GiddyUp Initiate (34) Oct 4, 2017 California

Anyone hit the threshold to the archive beers?

25. GiddyUp

GiddyUp Initiate (34) Oct 4, 2017 California

Yea I’d hit them up for sure. I’m sure they are gonna be busy since it’s the first of the year so sooner the better

26. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (212) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Looks like there is a January SMM on January 21st this year. Probably an extension of the "Society Welcome Weekend" on the 19th.

The Bruery events calendar does have the first Monday of every month blocked at Terreux for SMM, starting with February through December. I would expect some of those dates to drop as they usually have around 9 SMMs each year.

The big question is whether I can delete that Flok app.

27. ernh

Had a 2018 Hoarder Cuvee last night. It is super delicious. The base beer blend on its own was exceptional. I got mostly cinnamon, maybe some cacao, but had trouble identifying the other ingredients... Though maybe that's a testament to how well they integrated!

But... As good as it was... That $23 price point for 375ml is still a deal breaker for me. I think at $17 I'd grab a couple more, and at $15 I'd grab a lot more (pre-discount pricing).

fegelFatso likes this.
  28. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (223) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Do I smell a trickle down to RS?

29. InfiniteJester23

Trader

Nope, probably not. It literally has "Hoarder's" in the name lol.

Mrwenzel likes this.
  30. ernh

In mid-2017 RS was offered a chance to buy a couple 16 Cuvees. I think some feathers may have been ruffled :wink:

At the start of last year as a new HS I recall them doing a special HS sale letting you buy a lot of the stuff you couldn't buy as RS the year before. They've also constantly said that exclusivity only lasts a calendar year or so.

skiking70 likes this.
  31. PBRandJ

PBRandJ Initiate (99) Jul 18, 2016 California
    Trader

I know this thread can quickly turn into an airing of grievances so I'd just like to let everyone know that after a couple of e-mails, Marissa and I were able to get things sorted out and I'll be at the beer/cheese pairing on Saturday! She was very prompt and provided excellent customer service..

Btw @pdmoore714 "We are changing our SMM system so you don't need the app for 2019 :slight_smile: "

32. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (45) Dec 21, 2016 California

Similar to being a CA member anywhere outside SoCal :slight_smile:

m34josh, Prince_Casual and fegelFatso like this.
  33. ernh

Email that just went out was interesting. Partly because it may be setting the tone for more detailed communication, and partly because there's no "opening package" as in years past - new included bottles begin in February. Next week we get an "archive" allocation, which presumably for HS is American Anthem and Cherry CR (suggesting they had a ton of left over stock as opposed to re-brewing).

34. Akusei

Akusei Initiate (2) Aug 15, 2017

You mean a member out of OC :stuck_out_tongue: SoCal traffic is real!

35. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (226) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

That's what I would like to know. It really seems like nobody did, lol.

36. Alphateam

Alphateam Initiate (89) Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

Did they say what merch comes with memberships this year?

37. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (430) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

No merch, instead there’s more included beer.

PBRandJ likes this.
  38. charlesanaheim

charlesanaheim Initiate (42) Apr 16, 2018 California
    Trader

Can the guest pick up his/her guest pass or does it have to be the original owner of the membership?

39. Prince_Casual

Trader

I agree, it's a little disappointing. Opened a CCR last night in honor of this threader, tasting REAL good btw.

Since 10/1, Attaboysenberry was the only new thing I bought, and a couple second chancers (Terreux them all, Foster, RWBT). That's pretty disappointing that for 1/4 of the membership, basically nothing came out that I wanted (and me sleeping on Churrosity- which was a selfing!) Hopefully we can start this year off with a bang, once things start rolling!

40. ernh

To be fair, having the staff go from 0-60 a couple days after the holidays for a big allocation probably sucks. Waiting a month doesn't bother me.

I actually liked Q4 the best last year. Atta, West Wood, American Copper, BA 10 Lords were all 2018 highlights for me. Hoarder Cuvee was great (despite price). I haven't tried Rutherford yet but I'm excited for that, and I'm excited for the recent Hoarder box (also haven't dipped into yet). And, I've consistently enjoyed the last five months of Offshoot releases way more than the prior releases. Mmm good!