Bruery 2019 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Dec 30, 2018.

1. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (59) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

I also haven’t liked El Duende or RFI so it’s likely just my preferences of not enjoying Cinnamon forward beers.

fegelFatso likes this.
  2. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (166) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

SHIT Almond Joy, can that already!

3. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (198) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Society Trader

Stand out beers/meads from my crew:
    1. Chocolate grand cru from superstition. Kudos for it lasting for a few hours.
    2. Cup of cocoa stout from bruery.
    3. Almond mocha acier from bruery.
    4. Hineksa from three chiefs
    5. Rum raisin acier from bruery

Prince_Casual and fegelFatso like this.
  4. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (166) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Cup of Cocoa literally made yack upon taste. Something about it made me dump the whole taster to the plants.

mayorQuimby likes this.
  5. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (129) Jun 23, 2013 California

Fudge Brownie SHIT!!!

But seriously, the lack of BT was deafening!

Conneringo likes this.
  6. Space_Cowboy85

Space_Cowboy85 Initiate (32) Dec 24, 2018 California

Of course. The quality of their beer alone ain’t enough to do it.

fegelFatso likes this.
  7. jrm303130

jrm303130 Initiate (50) Jan 26, 2016 California

Just woke up from a much needed nap after the festival. Poured a beer into the new tumbler we got. It's literally a plastic cup. I thought it was supposed to be the same as last year's stainless steel cup. Kinda bummed to have a bruery cup that I won't be using for beer.

Conneringo, fegelFatso and Goldrush like this.
  8. jrm303130

jrm303130 Initiate (50) Jan 26, 2016 California

While it would make sense and I would hope they would have some kind of black tuesday. I was happy with the bruery beers they had and get my fill of bruery black tuesday variants at the black tuesday party.

fegelFatso likes this.
  9. goons

goons Initiate (43) Mar 5, 2019 California

The event was a good one. Great invitational and not their typical anniversary party. It was nice to see them bring in some out of state breweries. If next year is like this, I'm definitely there

LGHT, mayorQuimby and fegelFatso like this.
  10. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (198) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Society Trader

Anyone get the mysterious patch? My group took an uber but we never saw anyone handing them out.

fegelFatso likes this.
  11. stealth

stealth Zealot (530) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

We did not get ours either. Lyft dropped us off at the Phoenix club address (which apparently is not the right place to get dropped off) we alway went to before (off of Sanderson) and there was nothing there. I see there was a drop off point off of the Phoenix club drive main service road (once I was in the checkin line) but not sure if anyone was handing out stuff there. Wasn’t going to get out of line to look. The drop off was no where near the Phoenix club address so I don’t think anyone from out of the area would have been familiar enough to tell the driver to drive past Sanderson to the drop off point further down the road.

fegelFatso likes this.
  12. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (66) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Looked for the signs directing us to the ride-share drop off but didn't see any. Oh well no big deal.

fegelFatso likes this.
  13. Daniel_T

Daniel_T Initiate (45) Feb 19, 2015 California

that quote could be referring to the same scene in Infinity War so it wasn’t really a spoiler..at all.

fegelFatso likes this.
  14. Thenomad512

Thenomad512 Initiate (40) Mar 19, 2019 California
    Trader

Lol no and yet I still threw up after I got home this year.

The only thing I would have liked to try was Proper Dose but, I was like 30 seconds too late and 10 pours too drunk so missed out.

Rum raisin and the Voodoo beers were my favorites. Heath bar was good too but, really sweet. Think the rum raisin was more balanced than the plain Acier.

Black Tuesday coffee helped the hangover tremendously this morning.

Conneringo and fegelFatso like this.
  15. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (433) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

What’s that? Do you you just run BT in a French press instead of water? Sounds good.

Thenomad512 and fegelFatso like this.
  16. chong138

chong138 Initiate (94) Dec 30, 2007 California

You're a pile of shit

17. Space_Cowboy85

Because people expecting others not to discuss something because they’ve chosen not to experience it yet isn’t entitled and douchey at all...

mukesmemehouse, DMS81 and IcyTrout like this.
  18. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (122) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

Same here. Did not get the patch. Asked one of the parking attendants where the ride share drop off was and no one was stationed.

Conneringo likes this.
  19. chong138

chong138 Initiate (94) Dec 30, 2007 California

This is a thread about beer, not movies. Not everyone can get to a theater within the first week to see something. If you want to spoil stuff for people go discuss it in a movie related thread.

20. Thenomad512

Thenomad512 Initiate (40) Mar 19, 2019 California
    Trader

Nah, barrel aged coffee beans they were selling. Had some Tuesday cold brew as well. The coffee is good but, barrel aged beans is probably as gimmicky as one could get. Smell great but, not enough barrel.

However now that you mention it, I may buy an extra bottle of BT to try that....

21. Space_Cowboy85

Or stay off of an online forum where people might discuss things you’d rather not hear? I must be crazy...

22. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (138) Jul 29, 2016 California

So people should avoid the entire internet, including a beer forum that has absolutely nothing to do with movies, because you feel the intense need to ruin a movie that just came out?

What exactly made it so pressing for you to do that aside from purposely being an asshole?

23. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (95) Apr 26, 2017 California
    Trader

I wondered if we were going to stop complaining constantly after a well-run festival that everyone seemed to enjoy. Apparently, not: we're just going to start complaining about Marvel movies and the general state of spoiler culture in 2019.

Ah, BA Bruery forum: never change!

24. Space_Cowboy85

Well firstly, I didn’t spoil anything. I wasn’t even the one that said anything about the movie...I haven’t even seen it. Secondly, I just take issue with people who are so entitled that they feel the entire online community should refrain from discussing something that’s a worldwide phenomenon because they haven’t seen it. If it was so important, you would’ve seen it already.

But I suppose I should be used to the entitlement, it is beer advocate after all.

25. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (138) Jul 29, 2016 California

Entitlement of not wanting a movie that just came out to be spoiled while discussing beer? It’s not like it aided the conversation in any way. It was done literally with the purpose of ruining it for people.

I don’t even like comic book movies, it’s just a ridiculous hill to die on. It’s not like the movie came out months ago.

Anyway, let's go back to complaining about the lack of Black Tuesday.

26. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Devotee (480) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Society Trader

I've had the opposite experience with BA coffee beans. I agree there is tons of barrel in the nose but the same holds true (imo) when tasting as well. So much so that I often find myself blending 70/30 regular to BA for a better balance. I prefer hints of bourbon and even at 30% it's still pretty strong. If I remember correctly MT did a blend once and it was easily one of my favorites.

Anyway - huge fan of BA beans in moderation and the different barrels yield quite a cool experience with each brew.

Thenomad512 and Daniel_T like this.
  27. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (156) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

Did anyone else get a bad can of the pina colada bruesicle? It took about 5 minutes to get the whole beer out of the can. Was the beer supposed to be extra thiccc like that? The mouthfeel of the beer was a total turn off for me. Felt like I was drinking mucus.

28. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Zealot (540) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Society Trader

Dats da real joose.

29. IcyTrout

IcyTrout Initiate (145) Feb 1, 2018 California

Yes that is exactly how those beers are supposed to be. I personally don't get the fad. Just drop a shot of vodka in some kerns nectar and call it a day.

HopHead89 likes this.
  30. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (156) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

the the answer collab didn't pour like that, nor did the mango one. shoulda asked for a taster... Those cans weren't cheap too. good thing I only bought a mixed 4pk

31. StrangerBrews

StrangerBrews Initiate (123) Oct 27, 2015 California
    Trader

Dang. I sincerely thought you guys would get a laugh!
    I really should've gone with my second choice of hashtag #BrueryENDGAME
    Anyways - cheers to all of you!

#1231 StrangerBrews, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  32. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (455) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Personally thought the fest was fabulous, didn't even think about the lack of BT options/variants. Drank a whole bunch of the Mikerphone BA Imperial Bean Spirit with no line. Thought Beer Geek Observation was a let down relative to the timed release and line to get it. Alvarado milkshake IPA was a sleeper highlight. Fudge Brownie and Almond Joy SHIT did not disappoint! Food was mediocre at best, as always (who cares). Bought some phenomenal spicy jerky that I've enjoyed at work today. All in, no complaints. Loved the expanded space and extra bathrooms, and lack of line for food. Will be back again next year.

Now my non-festival complaint. Visited Terreux on Friday night, and went to use the $30 credit voucher we received for re-upping on the Societies for the 2018 year early (by 10/1/2017, I believe), which they ultimately did not send out until last summer...thus I couldn't use it when I came in for the 2018 fest in May.

They tried to tell me that it was expired. :rolling_eyes: I said, "yeah, show me where it says there's an expiration date (there isn't one...) I spend out the ass on the society and make a trip out every year for this party. I live in Nashville, I haven't been able to be out here to use this thing that you sent out 8 months after it was promised..." I was/am not happy at how I had to stand up to get the credit. At first the bartender just didn't know what to do and then the guy he asked just immediately blew me off; he just didn't want to deal with it because they were busy, imo. I got lines about there being difficulty in the system, whatever. Ultimately, we stood there a long time and I got a $28 credit. Just thought it was lousy that there was any push back or discussion on this item at all...

pmoney2311, Scottie_A25, ernh and 5 others like this.
  33. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Aspirant (228) Oct 29, 2014 California
    Trader

Did anyone find my Bonzai bacon jerky? I left 3 bags of it at the event. :angry:

34. juji23

juji23 Initiate (50) Mar 15, 2015 California
    Trader

Didn’t go to the anni party. Haven’t seen Avengers. Did drink my last Sundae Sunday. Berry, barrel, banilla, beauty. Really hope that is an annual happening.

35. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (243) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Clearly, you didn't buy enough? Or have you blown through a bunch of bottles?

fegelFatso likes this.
  36. Madirish76

Madirish76 Initiate (199) Apr 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Please tell me they will can Spicy Michruelada...that was a true sleeper! I would crush that!

mayorQuimby and fegelFatso like this.
  37. Crucible91-52

Crucible91-52 Initiate (31) Sep 2, 2016 California

fegalFatso- Dude, really! You of all people shouldn’t be stirring the pot. If you want all the BT/BT variants then come to the BT party. The Bruery Anniversary is about all their beers, this is the best lineup of breweries to attend yet! If you can’t be happy with that then don’t renew.

#1237 Crucible91-52, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  38. Crucible91-52

Crucible91-52 Initiate (31) Sep 2, 2016 California

Yes I did.

39. juji23

juji23 Initiate (50) Mar 15, 2015 California
    Trader

Ahh, the difficult question of “enough.” After the calculus of sforage, guessing at taste, other purchase options, future availability, future needs/wants...what is that answer? In this case, at least one more.

As a weekday beer hopefully it can be counted on annually/semi-annually. My point was, it was a good one.

40. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (455) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Agreed. I threw down a bunch of this as well; crazy good.