Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

bruery reserve society 2013 allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Levitation, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrsis

tyrsis Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Initiation Party last year was awesome. Except for the pouring rain...
  2. Retsinis

Retsinis Sep 25, 2009 California

I wasn't satisfied with the food, but that's because I'm a vegetarian. I'm sure the meat from beachwood bbq is great, and when they catered at the RS barrel party in 2011, I was able to get double helpings of cream spiniach for some protein, but they didn't bring that at the 2012 Intiation, so my plate was bread, & mash potatoes. Even the beans had bacon in them. Stung a little considering the $50 price tag...but awesome beers of course.
    woodchopper and lymph like this.
  3. GhettoFabulous

GhettoFabulous May 29, 2010 California

Poor guy, no rogue doughnut maple bacon for you. That must be tough.
  4. Retsinis

Retsinis Sep 25, 2009 California

I lose sleep most nights....lol, I've smelled it, but from those I know that have had it, not sure I'm missing out on anything :D
  5. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

We should attend the same events!
    queens1130 likes this.
  6. t8000shx

t8000shx Mar 2, 2004 New York
    Beer Trader

Hugely agree - specifically with regards to Melange 3 and Fruet. I've always thought it a bit odd how under the radar Melange 3 is. Not that it's not known/appreciated, but frankly I'd take it over a King Henry, BB4D, or quite nearly any other barrel aged old ale or barleywine. It's a stunning beer that doesn't get nearly the recognition of other similar (and lesser, in my opinion) beers.

Long way of saying I fully agree that buying large amounts of that beer makes the whole HS/RS worthwhile.
    KevSal, cardinal79 and Levitation like this.
  7. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Well, up till this week, the provisions store was washed with cases and cases of both Melange 3 as well as Fruet. That higher price tag really made it so that they moved so slowly. So it's more of a cost per 750ml than it is a reflection of the people's perception of the beer.

I agree though. If I had the expendable income, I would have joined. It's basically beer futures with the option to expand your orders with the first dibs.
  8. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

New to the RS this year, so apologize if this info is already posted or readily available. Is there any sort of calendar or timeline that shows when we can expect what? I'm wondering when RS members will be offered the first round of additional purchases (allocations?), and when we can pick up the first batch. Is there an exclusive RS website or anything? Thanks.
  9. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Last I heard, Griffon was going to be sitting till around March in hopes that it carbed up some more. Just keep a heads up on your emails as you'll have plenty of time from receiving it to when your cut off date to purchase is.
  10. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

That's what happens when a brewery makes a lot of a beer and doesn't spread it thinly over 15 states. Whales are forged in shitshows.
    jtmartino likes this.
  11. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

thanks for the info. I'll just keep an eye out for email updates.
  12. JCDenver

JCDenver Feb 8, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

So we can only purchase extras of Sour in the Rye? I logged in the other day and it was showing a lot more availability....

EDIT: Answered my own question with a phone call. Apparently they are having website problems and everything will be back up shortly.
  13. Skuter

Skuter Jun 21, 2008 California
    Beer Trader

If your going to just fly for 1, I would cast my vote for the barrel party.
  14. funhog

funhog Mar 8, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

What? The Barrel Party?
  15. salzar

salzar Dec 27, 2008 California

November/December ish, party of just beers that have touched a barrel. I think it is the second best event of the RS after the initiation party
  16. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

Barrel Party is rad. Definitely hit it up. Hopefully this year they don't forget until the last minute.
  17. BlakeSmith

BlakeSmith Aug 17, 2012 California

If that tap list is true, I'd be happy to sign up just for the party! :D
  18. Rollzroyce21

Rollzroyce21 Oct 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I love how this convo was seemless after 8 month pause
    GottaTickemAll and mrkrispy like this.
  19. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Nov 27, 2010 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

RIP Levitation.
  20. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

pmarlowe likes this.
  21. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

libbey, Franch, ridglens and 3 others like this.
  22. Franch

Franch Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

over Black Tuesday?
  23. salzar

salzar Dec 27, 2008 California

IMO Barrel party > Black Tuesday event, unless you want to tick all of the special one-off BT variants.
  24. JasonFromLA

JasonFromLA Jan 9, 2013 California

Going to agree that the Barrel Party is much better than BT event.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!