Bruery Reserve Society - What's left in the year...

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Beerontwowheels, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Was this useful to anybody?

1. Yes - but you're still a tool

84.1%
  2. No - I don't budget for beer, nor do I care what's to come.

15.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

You can't have Brett though, HE'S MINE! :wink:

2. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Theoretically what could change about the RS?

3. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

You might be right, I haven't seen an official number. IIRD they opened it up to 1000, then it sold out in a day and people moaned a lot so they reopened it to 1500, but didn't sell out.

4. nanobrew

well for 2012 the original plan was to essentially get rid of it. The membership would only be to previous members, it would be free, you would only have to buy 1 beer a year to stay in the society. No gifts, no included beer, still have first dibs on parties and events.

So for 2013 they could be going a head with that plan, or keeping it as is. If keeping as is who knows if they will increase the size or just let people fill in the spots of people who do not rejoin.

5. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Just ask me. I trustee for 5 BA's now. We have a great system worked out. BM if you want details.

Cheers!

6. thagr81us

thagr81us Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2010 South Carolina

Thanks for posting this as I forgot what we got for free... You're still a tool though. :stuck_out_tongue:

pschul4 and MarkIntihar like this.
  7. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

This was an email I received in February (so things could change since then) but it read:

"Hi Peter,
    We stopped selling memberships on December 31st. The membership does include some
    special beers that are just sold to RS members. Check back in November to join our 2013 Reserve Society.

Sincerely,
    The Bruery"

8. Retsinis

Retsinis Maven (1,486) Sep 25, 2009 Arizona

Yes, they have. As stated by Benjamin Weiss, March 28 2012, on the Bruery RS Forum. "This forum is amusing. Where does all of this information come from if not from The Bruery? 1) There are 1,350 people in the 2012 Reserve Society."

http://rsforum.thebruery.com/profile/2hklsz07ed93b?xg_source=profiles_friendList

Not much more official then that.

Edit note: if your not in the RS, or registered with that site, you might not see it from that link, but anyone that can, will.

2beerdogs likes this.
  9. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Damn, I haven't been on that site since like January... I should probably keep an eye on it every once in a while, huh?

10. Retsinis

Retsinis Maven (1,486) Sep 25, 2009 Arizona

You haven't missed too much, it's not that active, sadly, (as compared to say BA) but I do check it from time to time.

11. Corbet

Corbet Pundit (774) Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

While I love being a member of the RS, I don't think locals really benefit anymore except for the limited RS beers that have been offered (Chocolate Rain, Filmishmish, BBA Smoking Wood). My trustee doesn't even bother reserving his allocations because he can walk into Provisions and buy every release easily.

I really thing they should retool it so locals benefit more.

cocoapuph likes this.
  12. vacax

vacax Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2008 California

I think that Oude Geuzie is Mother Funker. Just a feeling though. Seeing as how the year is only half over, I also expect the current pace of releases will continue, so we should end up with more releases than anticipated. Also note that anticipated does not mean guaranteed.

13. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Locals do benefit more, the discount is so much more useful to them. Plus they can try a single bottle of something before they decide how much to get.

mrkrispy and pmarlowe like this.
  14. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

Oude Geuzie might be Mother Funker, but they did list it separately from the Provisions series, so who knows. The Bruery also never acknowledges that Mother Funker is a blend of different vintage lambics, but now I am definitely reading into the their use of 'Gueuzie'. Maybe Patrick or another Bruery employee can weigh in here... ::crosses fingers::

Agreed that they are on track to release more than anticipated. No complaints here.

15. vacax

vacax Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2008 California

Well that is based on how Mother Funker didn't turn out exactly the way it were intended.

16. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 Nevada

Bottling CCR for RS members would make up for any misgivings I have had so far this year. Especially if BT hits distribution (which, judging from how many barrels of it I saw at the warehouse, is possible).

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Mother Funker was a sour gone wrong, given how aggresively tart it is and how cheap it was. But, they may have held some back for blending (or perhaps it was always meant for blending, and they bottled and sold the extra) so Old Gueuzie may still come out.

@Beerontwowheels, Tart of Darkness wasn't a Provisions release this year, so it doesn't count toward those 8 beers, FYI.

17. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

Good catch. While I'd still appreciate having first dibs on stuff like black tuesday/chocolate rain, if they decide to go out for distribution with that caliber stuff, they have to step up the reserve soceity. Or end it. I was really surprised by the decision to release 100% BBA Fruet to the masses this year. I've said it elsewhere, but that beer was half the reason I signed up for the RS.

18. Cinderbike

Cinderbike Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 Nevada

Totally agree. Honestly, I was a bit surprised that they didn't decide to offer a Brandy or Rye Fruet to RS members this year. We'll see what the rest of the year has in store.

19. nanobrew

well to be fair, they technically did try to do that, but brought it back due to popular demand.

20. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2007 California

When I talked with Patrick Rue at an event a few months ago we discussed future BT distribution. He said it was not going to happen because he likes the idea of having an event for the release of it (ala Dark Lord Day). Its a special beer with a special release, and he doesn't see that changing in the future. So don't hold your breath waiting for BT to be distributed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.