Bruery Reserve Society - What's left in the year...

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Beerontwowheels, Jun 12, 2012.

?

Was this useful to anybody?

1. Yes - but you're still a tool

84.1%
  2. No - I don't budget for beer, nor do I care what's to come.

15.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (227) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I got shorted once. But after one quick email, it was sorted without issue, and waiting for me next time I picked up. Easy process and not worth losing any sleep over. The Bruery will make it right.

2. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2010 California

They made it right. Good people.

Retsinis and doobliebop like this.
  3. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (1,646) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Beer Trader Subscriber

My experience as well. They are usually quite attentive to any issues.

4. sind310

sind310 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2011 California

It will go on sale this Thursday (10/24/2012) for $295.

5. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2008 California

I have had a similar experience. The guy at the counter told me too bad, but the girl doing the allocations had no problem. I can see not emailing ahead being an issue for people who are trustee's, but this was just the most recent allocation for my self.

6. Retsinis

Retsinis Champion (848) Sep 25, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I would email Patrick, post on the RS forum, or even just call with the date & time this happened since that sounds pretty bad if he actually said that. They pride themselves on their quality customer service.

Edit: Saw your later post. Glad that worked out.

7. Beerontwowheels

Beerontwowheels Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2009 Maryland

Who can tell me when Melange #3 will be offered for allocations? I've got one bottle left and I'm hesistant to drink it until I have enough to hook up to an IV. Anyone have insider info?

KevSal likes this.
  8. Wowcoolman

Wowcoolman Crusader (788) Sep 25, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Just mix Black Tuesday, White Oak, and Fruet together. Do not shake.

queens1130 and domtronzero like this.
  9. salzar

Looks like I know how to spend my monday....

http://rsforum.thebruery.com

BrewtifulMind likes this.
  10. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

they sent the link out a long time ago to RS members

11. Retsinis

Retsinis Champion (848) Sep 25, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

As copied above, that is the link.

However, the site, imho, was a bit of a flop, sadly. It's pretty dead for a forum. Not really their fault, it's just a bit of over saturation of information. Forget the fact that so many RS members are already on either BA or RB, they already had a blog, a website, the emails they send out, and FB pages for the tasting room, provisions, RS, and the brewery. Which is already a lot of places to get information. So the launch of the RS forum earlier this year, after all the priors were already pretty well established, just seemed unnecessary. Great concept, but sometimes it's a ghost town over there, since it doesnt seem to get as much traffic as their other media outlets. I use to check it out more often, but at times two weeks would go by without a new post.

12. GrumpyJunglist

GrumpyJunglist Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2010 California

Reserve Society Membership

Membership will go on sale on November 14th through store.thebruery.com and will end December 31st or when they are sold out. Membership is $295 and includes the following:

•1 bottle 4 Calling Birds
    •1 bottle Melange #3
    •1 bottle Vitis Series: Oui Oui
    •1 bottle Chocolate Rain (upon release)
    •1 bottle Mystery Beer (upon release) White Chocolate?
    •2 bottles 2012 Black Tuesday (upon release)
    •2 bottles Bourbon Barrel Aged 4 Calling Birds (upon release)
    •2 (1) high quality pieces of exclusive Reserve Society Merchandise (Got the sweatshirt + Grey Monday)

We anticipate the following beers to be released to the Reserve Society in 2012:

•Filmishmish
    •Sour In The Rye
    •Kriek (Sans Pagaie)
    •Chocolate Rain
    •100% Barrel Aged Fleur
    •White Oak
    •Oude Tart
    •Oude Gueuzie
    •Black Tuesday
    •Melange #3
    •Smoking Wood
    •Barrel Aged 4 Calling Birds
    •Approximately 8 (Approximately 3 left) Provisions Series releases including some very exciting collaborations with local breweries (Chocosaurus Rye, Go Team, A Stein's Throw, Mother Funker, Tart of Darkness, Old Richland, Ichigo Highway) was there an 8th?

13. Xul

Xul Crusader (760) May 18, 2008 California

Not sure if it's a Provisions series beer, but allocations of Griffon Bruxellois are supposed to go on sale this month.

RedBeeron and GrumpyJunglist like this.
  14. Ynot2

Ynot2 Initiate (142) Jul 24, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

What about Rueze?

15. Xul

Rueuze = Oude Gueuzie

GrumpyJunglist likes this.
  16. rrryanc

rrryanc Disciple (310) May 19, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

White Chocolate was indeed the mystery beer.

17. johndoe8

johndoe8 Initiate (143) Jun 9, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Was it really? I don't remember getting one included in my membership.

18. tyrsis

tyrsis Disciple (319) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I got an extra one when I picked my allocation up.
    I think?

19. rrryanc

rrryanc Disciple (310) May 19, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

From the email I got from them in July:

20. CAbeerCAbeerCA

CAbeerCAbeerCA Initiate (89) Mar 3, 2011 Maryland
    Beer Trader

Biggest bummer ever, if true. I was hoping for a blend of the 3 years of Oude Tart, as the name suggests.

21. Xul

I don't think that name implied a blend of Oude Tarts at all, since gueuzes are blends of lambics, not Flanders style reds...

22. stupac2

stupac2 Zealot (518) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, and Oude Tart doesn't really seem to age much, at least to me. I think that a blend of it would taste pretty much the same as fresh.

23. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Also heard this. Though, i also heard the sale was supposed to be announced this past Monday, and that it was supposed to be an RS exclusive

Edited for completeness of speculation

24. CAbeerCAbeerCA

Beer Trader

Oude Guezie implies to me a play on a gueuze and they have a beer named Oude Tart, so I think my guess from earlier in the year is hardly far fetched. I know what a gueuze is, I was hoping for something different.

25. PMR

PMR Initiate (137) Mar 31, 2005 California

Hey All--

Unfortunately Griffon Bruxellois won't be an allocation this year to Reserve Society members as we had intended. Carbonation is too low-- we're hoping an extra few months of bottle conditioning will help with this.

I'm very grateful for all of your support this year! I'm really looking forward to next year, a lot of cool things on the horizon.

Cheers,
    Patrick
    The Bruery

26. stupac2

Beer Trader

Most gueuzes are called "Oude Gueuze". The presence of the word there has literally nothing to do with Oude Tart.

Xul likes this.
  27. CAbeerCAbeerCA

Beer Trader

But, wouldn't it have been cool to get a blend of the 3 years of Oude Tart?

28. stupac2

Beer Trader

I've had the past 3 years of Oude Tart, and I think I can safely say that no, it would taste pretty much the same as Oude Tart. Unless my mind is really failing me, that beer just doesn't really age that much. Besides, if you want to do this you can, I don't think '10, '11, and '12 Oude Tart would be very hard to come across.

29. salzar

A '10 would be very hard to come by. I think it would make a difference, as it would be a blend of multiple years, with DIFFERENT amount of time in the barrels. Maybe I am wrong, but I would assume that OT is made from relatively young barrels.

30. stupac2

Beer Trader

Potentially good point, but does that really affect the flemish styles? Like, maybe it gets a bit oakier, but should the microbes really change?

Potentially meaningless datapoint, but I had a really old Rodenbach (1971, I think) and it tasted... pretty much like fresh Rodenbach. I just don't think these beers change that much with age, while it's pretty unquestionably true that lambics change (blended or no).

31. tyrsis

Beer Trader

so then... that's it for 2011 RS?
    :(

32. Xul

In a Flanders style red, the acetic acid is the major flavor point - since acetobacter needs oxygen to produce more acidity (although too much leads to vinegar), a bottle will mostly not continue to see more acidity produced. If there's brett in there, it could potentially evolve over time, but any flavors it produces would likely still be overwhelmed.

I'll be doing a three year vertical in the next few weeks, but I don't expect anything more than minor evolution.

33. beerdweeb

beerdweeb Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Creating a secondary fermentation after adding a young Oude Tart to a two and three year old barrel conditioned Oude Tart could be interesting. But then there would have to be barrels of Oude Tart that were blended, then put back in the barrel, then left alone until now. Which I don't think would ever happen, but it could be a cool experiment.

/sidebar

34. AndresR

AndresR Aspirant (227) Jul 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

The Bruery is doing the 12 days of Christmas again. What are the chances some RS exclusives show up? But, it is really cool some really great stuff shows up at this time of the year.

From the Bruery FB page..........

This morning, when we open the Provisions doors at 11am, we'll have 2010 Sour in the Rye as well as 2012 Black Tuesday for sale! These beers are limited and have a 1 bottle limit. First come first served.

35. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

what happened to 2012?

BrewtifulMind and MarkIntihar like this.
  36. ryno09

ryno09 Initiate (173) May 1, 2010 California

Bummer! I'd probably drink that flat based on the taster I had at Barrel Night.

37. tyrsis

Beer Trader

you know what I meant...

38. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2011 California

For those that know what a douchenozzel Freddie is at Beverages-4-Less, I was unfortunately in there b/c I had to buy a bomber for a thing at a place...while checking out Chief Douchenozzel flashes a Black Tuesday at me.

Knowing his upsell and knowning what the beer cost at the release and not interested in buying, I asked "How much?"

"$85/ea...all being sold east coast, plus shipping! Two cases!"

39. Sebowski

Sebowski Initiate (122) Jan 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

40. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Struck me as an attempt to get PMR to recognize what was happening in his own 'backyard'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More