Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Dec 30, 2018.

1. stealth

stealth Zealot (534) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

The box pic made me think of the old preservation society shippers, which were three 750s, so I’ll go with that guess.

fegelFatso likes this.
  2. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (536) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

B1 Port BT was definitely an experience. I liked the Madeira BT a bit more though.

Prince_Casual likes this.
  3. King_Jaffe_Joffer9

King_Jaffe_Joffer9 Initiate (59) Jun 11, 2015 California

Is there gonna be a SMM on September 9th or was there one on Labor Day?

4. dcole

dcole Initiate (17) Aug 26, 2019 California

A Port treatment would be awesome! Rum - not so much. To be fair, I've never tasted a rum barrel-aged anything from the Bruery. But I've tasted many Jamaican Rum finished beers from MT and I disliked all of them. JMO, of course. :wink:

5. ernh

ernh Initiate (163) Jun 10, 2012 California

I feel like I've heard Patrick say they shy away from rum barrels because they've found it's really hard to get any flavor out of them other than "alcohol."

So, with Tell No Tales for example, they used a mix of bourbon and rum barrels.

Thenomad512, fegelFatso and dcole like this.
  6. dcole

That could be good, then. What I always got from the MT rum beers was over-the top sugar, to the point where it was just gross. My friend & coworker who is also a MT member, tells me that they're going away from using the Jamaican rum barrels in the future, as they're just too sweet. Or something like that.

7. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (536) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

Rum BT is pretty damn good, they made it back in 2014.

Daniel_T, Black_Rider, dcole and 3 others like this.
  8. juji23

juji23 Initiate (51) Mar 15, 2015 California
    Trader

I recall Floyd d’Rue having good rum flavor, though that was while ago and different base.

dcole likes this.
  9. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Disciple (381) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota

I found Rum BT to be very enjoyable. One of the best rum-barrel stouts I can recall ever having.

Did not at all care for Floyd d’Rue, or the one rum-barrel MT offering I tried.

10. dcole

In talking with my coworker and MT member this morning, he told me that going forward MT will stop using the Jamaican rum barrels due to the overwhelming spice flavor that it imparts to the beer. Remembering back, I do recall that the spice flavor just did not work with their beers (weird, because I like beers made with Rye).

Anyway, if a Rum BT should show up in the mysterious BT10 box, I am sure that I will enjoy it, as the Bruery seems to do things right :slight_smile:

fegelFatso and skiking70 like this.
  11. stealth

Just cracked a bottle of Mash and French Toast. Damn this is way tastier than the 2017 was.

12. ernh

'Splain Lucy.

Jonl0424 and craigr726 like this.
  13. brewaddict

brewaddict Aspirant (260) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I thought that they were pretty similar. Lot's of sweet maple and cinnamon. I just remember the first batch having a slightly egg like flavor on the finish that mimicked the flavors of French Toast. I didn't find that flavor this time around. Still a good sweet maple beer that's right up my alley.

Coth24, fegelFatso, ernh and 2 others like this.
  14. brewaddict

Trader

Just opened my Apfelsap last night and it is damn fine. I hate to say it, but I like an Angry Orchard or a Red's every once in a while. Apfelsap is like an imperial apple ale. Deeper and more rich without being overly sweet. What tames it is the earthy woody brandy spirit that comes out in the middle. So glad to see it coming back next year and the Double Barrel.

15. dcole

Both Mash & French Toast and Apfelsap are delicious. :+1:

16. stealth

First batch -I- personally got very little maple or cinnamon. Very muted beer each time I had it. The bottle I had tonight was way more maple and cinnamon forward.

fegelFatso and ernh like this.
  17. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (248) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Is the '19 version from the bottle significantly better than on draft? I was disappointed with '19 when I had it on draft. So much, I didn't buy bottles.

Did I make a mistake? Because I loved ' 17 fresh. Best within 9 months iirc. I remember popping one up the night of my friends wedding when we got home for an after party . We cooked up some bacon, and was perfect with Mash and French toast. Amazing.

18. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (142) Jun 23, 2013 California

TBH, despite many of the customer service issues I’m famous for complaining about, the beers this year have been phenomenal!!! They’ve upped their game big time!

goofyballer likes this.
  19. brewaddict

Trader

Was it fresh or did it have some age on it? I found M&FT faded pretty quickly. Yabu's 9 months is pretty accurate.

It's not B1 good, but I think this year's is still really good. I didn't get to try it on draft. I would recommend picking up a bottle or two if it pops up in the holiday sale.

20. stealth

Few bottles consumed fresh soon as I got them, others later on. Wasn’t a bad beer at all, just kind of boring without much going on.

brewaddict likes this.
  21. chong138

chong138 Initiate (95) Dec 30, 2007 California

The Mash and French Toast talk is weirding me out. It tastes the same as last time. Also, to say it has nothing going on is odd. It was a big sweet maple and bourbon bomb in my opinion. I loved the original and bought a bunch of crowlers in addition to my bottle limit, and this years version tastes just like I remembered it.

22. Yabu

Yabu Aspirant (248) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I really wish I got Big sweet sample & bourbon bomb.

Maybe the line wasn't clean? (wouldn't be the first time)

I can't explain.

But I'm jealous of you :slight_smile:

23. JustHappytobeHere

JustHappytobeHere Initiate (1) Sep 6, 2018

I actually ran into a line issue somewhat recently. A beer had a cinnamon presence when it shouldn’t have, and it turns out that the previous beer on that line was a beer with cinnamon. I know cinnamon is tougher to clean out of the lines, and am not dumping one anyone or any particular beer. Just saying it really could be a line thing.
    a

24. Thenomad512

Thenomad512 Initiate (46) Mar 19, 2019 California
    Trader

Muffin Stuffin?

25. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Initiate (64) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

Anyone know how many tickets hoarders can buy for the BT event in California? haven't seen anything but trying to plan.

fegelFatso, johnInLA and dcole like this.
  26. dcole

Patiently waiting for those to go on sale myself. Wasn't it two last year?

fegelFatso and infectedstouts like this.
  27. stealth

28. ernh

BT box confirmed. Pistachio vanilla the first variant revealed, so sounds like it will be one offs as opposed to the known varieties. Sounds fun!

Also looks like 375ml bottles. Hooray!

What past variants are you hoping made the cut?

infectedstouts, dcole and fegelFatso like this.
  29. stealth

Elvis

infectedstouts, ernh and fegelFatso like this.
  30. dcole

Ha! I just saw that!! Yummm.... :sunglasses:

fegelFatso likes this.
  31. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Initiate (142) Jun 23, 2013 California

Mother of God...

Oreo! Elvis! Mostra! Vanilla!

32. johnInLA

johnInLA Champion (850) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society

Marzipan BT

ernh and fegelFatso like this.
  33. jrm303130

jrm303130 Initiate (51) Jan 26, 2016 California

Last year for hoarders it was 4 and 1 DD.

dcole, fegelFatso and infectedstouts like this.
  34. skiking70

skiking70 Devotee (472) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Society Trader

Is the box just for HS?

35. ernh

Nope! It says RS & HS on the Instagram post.

I think it implies the same box for both, will be interesting to see if HS are allowed to buy two.

36. infectedstouts

Trader

Thanks. I need calm down. Got excited. Hopefully the same this year. Plus Saturday, that could make for a lot of fun activities before and after.

37. irthesteve

irthesteve Aspirant (202) Mar 7, 2014 California

I'm going to really want this box, but really not want to pay for it

38. infectedstouts

Trader

Same thought. Ohhhh well. Best part, 375ml. So you know I'm buying atleast 1 box, instead of just one box.

irthesteve likes this.
  39. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (199) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Society Trader

Completely agree. Tastes great, even cracked open a 2017 and it was still up to par and tasted as expected. I feel this is one of their most solid yearly member offerings and always meets expectations.

skiking70 likes this.