Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2020)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Disciple (356) Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Speyside malts are rarely peated, where are you getting that this would have peat influence?

ScottWoerner and david_j like this.
  2. dcole

dcole Initiate (42) Aug 26, 2019 California

You are correct - most aren't. And certainly not like an Islay offering. It's just that all of the Scotch-barrel aged beers I've had to date from the Bruery have had a peat element to them. Some worked better than others. Just hoping that if any smoke is present, it's minimal, that's all.

Prince_Casual and fegelFatso like this.
  3. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Aspirant (230) Jun 23, 2013 California

Could be worse... Grey Monday, aged in Smoking Wood* Barrels...

*FYI, I think both Coffee and Blueberry smoking wood were phenomenal

irthesteve likes this.
  4. irthesteve

irthesteve Aspirant (202) Mar 7, 2014 California

would love some new Smoking Wood soon, standard or variants of. Love that beer.

5. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 Initiate (99) May 23, 2015 Michigan

I thought 11 pipers had a definite peatiness to it, waiting on Glenwort to arrive to find out how that is

fegelFatso likes this.
  6. ivegot3Dvision

ivegot3Dvision Zealot (561) Feb 9, 2015 Oregon
    Trader

I definitely agree. Mole smoking wood was a thing of beauty, but not a whole lot of people agree with us.

7. Yabu

Yabu Disciple (308) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I think I had it on draft one of the first few times I visited the bruery. Fond memories.

8. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

They had that one and the blueberry one on tap for like 2 years, it was nuts.

m34josh, johnInLA, AyeDogg and 2 others like this.
  9. weaverr

weaverr Aspirant (204) Jun 10, 2008 California

I've not had Smoking Wood, but I love rauchbier so I would like to also vote for a 2021 Smoking Wood variant.

10. mrmsmith

mrmsmith Aspirant (237) Apr 22, 2007 District of Columbia

I bought every last bottle of Smoking Wood I could find when I heard they were taking it away. I even harrassed Patrick at an event, and he said he personally loved it, but sales were too slow. Maybe we can get a members small batch return in 2021!

11. 562Brew

562Brew Initiate (104) Mar 5, 2018 California
    Trader

I bought Smoking Wood variants in either an archive sale or that off-site closeout sale they did a few years ago. They were delicious, I was relatively new to Reserve Society then so I got to buy a bunch of older releases for pretty cheap and probably bought way too much that day.

skiking70, superball9 and fegelFatso like this.
  12. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (215) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Can't believe renewals start in 2 weeks. Excited for the three way collab from Homage and Cellador.

13. stealth

stealth Zealot (571) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Two Econd and the Monster Stout sound great.

fegelFatso likes this.
  14. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (34) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Trader

Under no circumstances should smoking wood or any alligator type char beer come back to market. Let them rest in peace with Freckle, The Grade and Lderacola. Thanks,
    #TheMajority

15. brewaddict

brewaddict Disciple (300) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

I never got a shot at the tap only versions of Smoking wood, but bought as many bottles of Bourbon and Rye I could get my hands on. Love that stuff!

skiking70 likes this.
  16. fegelFatso

Wait... who doesn’t like Freckle? Let me know so I can buy them a one-way ticket to the Island!

17. juji23

juji23 Initiate (50) Mar 15, 2015 California

I did the same and wrote the desk. Answer was no way to return it to cellar. So, I’m keeping that email “unread” until I do another pickup to help me remember to grab it.

18. AlmostDeadly777

AlmostDeadly777 Initiate (69) Apr 29, 2018 California
    Trader

Agree on Freckle and Lderacola, but I love The Grade. Need more plz

Conneringo likes this.
  19. AndyBrewsBeer

AndyBrewsBeer Initiate (105) May 6, 2015 California
    Trader

Add Roble Blanco to the list!!!

skiking70, Conneringo and fegelFatso like this.
  20. AyeDogg

Trader

Woah, bottle Double Barrel Aloha Friday already!

21. skiking70

skiking70 Aspirant (262) Sep 23, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

The abv on pistachio mustachio is relatively low for The Bruery, was thinKing it was a Black Tuesday variant again.

fegelFatso likes this.
  22. B_Horne

B_Horne Initiate (39) Jun 12, 2014 California

Drinking a Black Tuesday Samoa from the 12 pack box. What an amazing beer, I think it is getting even better.

23. ernh

ernh Aspirant (287) Jun 10, 2012 California

24. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (249) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

you forgot arbre

25. AlmostDeadly777

AlmostDeadly777 Initiate (69) Apr 29, 2018 California
    Trader

Man, I tried the Arbre series once in a flight when it was new and I don't think I finished any of them.

Conneringo, skiking70 and fegelFatso like this.
  26. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (34) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Trader

Good find! Add it to the list!

27. ernh

ernh Aspirant (287) Jun 10, 2012 California

Arbre stout or wheatwine? I really liked the wheatwine... :slight_frown:

28. ivegot3Dvision

Trader

Has anyone tried Furst yet?

29. B_Horne

B_Horne Initiate (39) Jun 12, 2014 California

Dad joke in 3...2....1....

fegelFatso likes this.
  30. drewone

drewone Poo-Bah (1,605) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Society Trader

My note just said Amazing! Only had about four ounces but as with most pastries not sure what I would think if I had a larger pour.

Jonl0424 likes this.
  31. weaverr

weaverr Aspirant (204) Jun 10, 2008 California

I think you're on to something here... pastry stouts sold in those little Copa de Vino single serving wine cups.

superball9, johnInLA and fegelFatso like this.
  32. Thenomad512

Thenomad512 Initiate (68) Mar 19, 2019 California

Really enjoyed it. Let it sit out for about an hour after pulling from the fridge. Nose was spot on neopolitan ice cream. Strawberry was upfront and finished chocolate and vanilla cream. There were several sips where the barrel was forefront but, didn’t overtake it for me. I didn’t get much almond but, can’t say I missed it

Where Prodigal Physics let me down last month, this did not disappoint.

33. fegelFatso

FO in general was a letdown this year!

FrogOut69 likes this.
  34. Thenomad512

Agree. My bottle wasn’t as bad as some are claiming but, definitely different this year!

APCreative_ likes this.
  35. irthesteve

irthesteve Aspirant (202) Mar 7, 2014 California

Can't believe how many people didn't like the Abre series or The Grade. Boring ass palates, ALL OF YOU

36. AyeDogg

Trader

I definitely took The Grade for granted on how good it tasted after sitting on it because I had no clue wth it was. And just like that it was long gone.

irthesteve and superball9 like this.
  37. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Zealot (512) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Society Trader

This is an interesting change, I bet this year sees the biggest turn-over in society history.
    • As a current member of Hoarders Society, you get 24 hours of early access to rejoin. This will start on Wednesday, 9.2
    • New Hoarders invitees will gain access on Thursday, 9.3 and your spot is no longer guaranteed. Last year's Hoarders Society sold out quickly.
    Has the 2021 price been listed?

38. Thenomad512

The rest of the details aren't out yet right? Or did I miss something?

I thought there was a similar time limit and guarantee disclaimer last year? Either way, I agree with your prediction.

Coth24 likes this.
  39. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Zealot (512) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Here's the full test from last week's email. I guess the price is $850 but don't think it's explicitly mentioned.
    -=-=-=
    Can you believe it’s almost September? That means it’s almost time for renewal season. The full details and invites will be available next week, but in the meantime make sure you save the date: Hoarder Renewals start on 9.2.20. You’ll have a 24 hour head start before new Hoarder invitees get access. Last year sold out quite quickly, so we highly advise signing up early.

2021 will bring Hoarders members 23+ included bottles at a value of over $850. And now, here it is... a tease of the included beer list:

• Still Black Tuesday - A Hoarder’s exclusive completely still version of Black Tuesday. All the boldness, all the creativity, none of the fizz. Aged in new French Oak Barrels for over three years.
    • A tiki cocktail-inspired Hoarders Exclusive (name TBD) - This barrel-aged ale was inspired by our love for Tiki cocktails and hanging with friends at Tiki bars. This was rum barrel-aged with Tiki spice, pour over ice if you're adventurous.
    • Portified Black Tuesday - An incredibly experimental portified Black Tuesday aged in port pipes and made only for Hoarders and Reserve Society members.
    • Monster Stout (#1) - This Hoarder’s exclusive is a monster of an imperial stout featuring a brand new base beer which was then aged in bourbon barrels. As Sour J and Andrew Bell would say, “you’re going to love it.” We’ll then take this monster of a stout and treat it with a melange of different vanilla beans for a result unlike any other barrel-aged vanilla stout we’ve crafted before.
    • 2econd (Three Chiefs collaboration) - A Hoarders exclusive and our 2econd collaboration with the good people at Three Chiefs, and guess what? This time it's double barrel-aged.
    • Chew on This - Originally crafted for a Hoarders Small Batch Box. This beer was inspired by our favorite Brambleberry Crisp ice cream with loads of vanilla, milk sugar, granola, blackberry, and boysenberry added, for a massive mouthfeel and sweet, juicy berry flavors. This beer is exclusive to Hoarders and Reserve Society members.
    • Pecan Pie Anniversary - A Hoarders exclusive pecan pie treatment of our bourbon barrel-aged solera-style old ale.
    • Framaheim - A Hoarders exclusive first ever Spontanaheim variant. A spontaneously fermented sour blonde ale aged in oak barrels for over two years, and for the first time ever, with raspberries added.
    • A collaboration with Cellador Ales & Homage Brewing (name TBD) - Three way collaboration with the next generation of incredible Southern California wild and sour beer producers, only for Hoarders and Reserve Society members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.