Bruery RS/HS Allocations (2020)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Initiate (47) Jan 5, 2016 California

supposed to be released December I believe

dirtyhalos likes this.
  2. ernh

ernh Aspirant (287) Jun 10, 2012 California

Would be hilarious if the batch went bad and they subbed us an Apfelsap instead!

3. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Aspirant (230) Jun 23, 2013 California

BURN DOWN THE BRUERY!!!! :joy::joy::joy:

***Not directed at any particular staff member***
    ***Don’t kick me out, haha!***

4. dcole

dcole Initiate (42) Aug 26, 2019 California

Noooooo!!!! Not that I don't like Apfelsap ( I do ) But I loooove the Bruery's Mash offerings, and with PB&J?? Yes, please!

skiking70 and fegelFatso like this.
  5. fegelFatso

I zoomed in on the picture, and saw the words “Port Barrel Aged...” so I’m assuming it’s a new Port BT... packaged still.

APCreative_, NickThaFish and dcole like this.
  6. dcole

Nice! The Bruery's Port BA offerings are always excellent (the can's that were in the Party Box were outstanding). So this is good news!

7. ernh

Ah, must be the "experimental portified" BT teased for next year. Fun!

8. DrunkTrol

DrunkTrol Initiate (48) Nov 8, 2020 Maryland

That was my favorite of the bunch!

dcole and johnInLA like this.
  9. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (984) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

I thought the Party Box Port BA, was the best port BT variant to date.

Really enjoyed that one.

10. AlmostDeadly777

AlmostDeadly777 Initiate (69) Apr 29, 2018 California
    Trader

Agreed, I really like Mash and all its variants. Still bummed that (to me) they botched Mash and Spumoni when they scaled it up from the pilot version to the bottled version. I thought the pilot version was significantly better than when they bottled it.

dcole likes this.
  11. Yabu

Yabu Disciple (308) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

Yes, was definitely a huge difference.

fegelFatso and AlmostDeadly777 like this.
  12. Conneringo

Conneringo Initiate (34) Nov 28, 2016 Nevada
    Trader

Had another churriosity tonight just to give it another chance. Man what a letdown....

Honestly not sure how they can call it the same name when there's no barrel aging in the bourbon or cinnamon whiskey barrels.

Tastes completely different from the last batch.

dcole, m34josh, fegelFatso and 2 others like this.
  13. chong138

chong138 Initiate (111) Dec 30, 2007 California

Yea, I had my third last night. It still gushed, and still sucked.

14. goofyballer

goofyballer Initiate (35) Dec 21, 2016 California

lol, just had an extremely nice surprise.

Back in March I ordered all my unfulfilled 2019 orders for shipping, which came out to like 5 boxes, 4 of which were bottles and 1 for cans.

The bottles all arrived, but the cans didn't; I emailed society, sounded like the package got lost, they sent me another one w/ the cans that arrived in short order, I got all my beer.

Anyway GSO just showed up at my door with a delivery I totally wasn't expecting, and it was a box from the Bruery. I open it up and it's the first shipment of 16 cans that got lost in March.

15. drewone

drewone Poo-Bah (1,605) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Society Trader

16. ernh

Trying the new Apfelsap. It's great. I'd even say it's a bit better than Batch 1. Similar to my thoughts on this year's Pie Happy, they cut the sweetness just a bit which is exactly what it needed. It's still a sweet beer, but the balance is much better. I remember the first batch gave me vibes of boozy Martinelli's (not bad, just very sweet). This year's I think I could believe biting into an apple and finding it to be of an equal sweetness (though certainly it would be sweet on the end of the real-apple spectrum). Plus the booziness of course. Part of me is curious how this would have been with bourbon instead of apple brandy. Though I guess we kinda got that with Pie Happy.

dcole, superball9, Conneringo and 8 others like this.
  17. Conneringo

Trader

Popped open a Furst last night. Unfortunately it was a slight gusher but delivered on taste nonetheless. Was basically liquid neapolitan ice cream.

Still quietly raging about churriosity though while staring at the 6 cans I have left....lol

AlmostDeadly777 and dcole like this.
  18. ernh

Stocking stuffers.

19. Conneringo

Trader

great idea!

AlmostDeadly777, dcole and fegelFatso like this.
  20. Yabu

Trader

3L Black tuesday.

21. infectedstouts

infectedstouts Initiate (89) Dec 7, 2015 California
    Trader

ISO chug video

m34josh, dcole, superball9 and 7 others like this.
  22. Yabu

Trader

I would stop breathing after 15oz. People would be very sad since their proxy would be gone.

23. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (153) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

I likely have not read EVERY post on here in the past 12 mos, but I did not know that the 12 Days Collection box plays music when you open it. I'm sure you can all guess what holiday song it is....

That's amazing! Plus, it's a year old and still playing! I'm SO entertained....:astonished:

24. thetastywort

thetastywort Initiate (153) Jun 2, 2011 California
    Trader

So, since this is a swing-top, any thoughts on if it can still age like a regular BT? I guess traditionally a lot of Belgian ales were swing-top, so should still hold? It's 4 bottles of BT, but roughly 5x the price. However, as a fan, the collector appeal is there! So torn.....

dcole, APCreative_ and fegelFatso like this.
  25. DrunkTrol

DrunkTrol Initiate (48) Nov 8, 2020 Maryland

Makes it hard for me to sneak in another beer when everyone else has already gone to bed...

26. stealth

stealth Zealot (571) Dec 16, 2011 Minnesota

Should age fine - I've bottled my own stouts in swing tops in the past and they've held up great for years. If it wasn't so awkward to ship I would probably get it because I need to catch 'em all...

27. fegelFatso

I want it, almost as a collectible!

dcole, APCreative_ and AyeDogg like this.
  28. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (215) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Damn 3L! I definitely got more than what I asked for.

dcole and APCreative_ like this.
  29. Yabu

Trader

My friend wants the 3L BT, so bought it.

Anyone ever ship a 3L? Do companies sell a box for them, or just pack it in a large box? Maybe bruery sells such a box. Will ask when I pickup.

30. gregoryG

gregoryG Aspirant (213) Sep 8, 2009 California
    Trader

I’ve picked up 3L bottle styro shippers with a box from wine stores in the past

Yabu likes this.
  31. ernh

Second half of the bottle tasting great tonight. If anything, it's maybe a touch even less sweet? Huge rich apple flavor with nothing (cloying, spicing, etc) that burns you out. Great stuff.

32. dcole

Yep, opened a 2020 tonight and it's delicious. Going to grab a few more bottles while I can.

NickThaFish, APCreative_ and ernh like this.
  33. fegelFatso

I’m going to complain about pricing for a second...

On a per-ounce basis, the 3L bottle of BT is about 20% more than a typical bottle of BT... while I get the novelty of a 3L bottle of Black Tuesday, this goes the opposite direction of virtually most pricing structures I’ve ever seen (the bigger the container, the lower the per oz cost)... I assume using a 3L bottle may add to the cost, but I don’t think it would be enough to justify a 20% price hike.

So, in my typical fegelFatso fashion... what gives? I’d love to buy this, but if it’s the beer inside that’s important, why not just buy 4 750’s (the same volume, for a much lower price).

skiking70 and Conneringo like this.
  34. ernh

I've thought about this in the past, and I think the big bottles are just really fucking expensive (the glass, and probably needing to hand fill) (plus novelty value).

Anchor's Magnums of Christmas Ale cost about the same as a six pack (even though they're equivalent of about four bottles). Stone did 3L bottles of Double Bastard several years ago and those were literally double the per ounce price of the bombers.

skiking70, dcole and Yabu like this.
  35. drewone

drewone Poo-Bah (1,605) Sep 18, 2006 California
    Society Trader

I thought it was the same with wine.

Yabu likes this.
  36. Coth24

Coth24 Initiate (44) Sep 28, 2018 California

Yeah go and try to buy a magnum FO from Bottle Logic. Regular 550mL FO is $23.95 and the 1.5Lmagnum is $210. You're not buying it to get a better deal on beer you're buying it because its cool.

deezy14, m34josh, yokels and 2 others like this.
  37. swanfungus

swanfungus Crusader (780) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Society Trader

And Russian River's are $100 for 3Ls, at least the Consecration and Supplication I bought in the past were. Those are, what, $12.99 for a 375ml?

I suck at math but someone else can figure out how that compares.

Xul likes this.
  38. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (215) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Not sure if they sell them but doesn't F.W Barrelworks 3L go for $300.

39. dcole

Ha! I remember those 3L bottles of Double Bastard! I friend had one at his birthday party. It was a really cool conversation piece but I remember it being a bitch to pour from :sunglasses:

ernh likes this.
  40. IKR

IKR Savant (916) May 25, 2010 California
    Trader

Damn! I need to get the RR magnums when available because that's the only brewery I know of where the magnum is the same price basically, $100 vs (8) 375 mls at ~$104. The cork and caging of the RR sours probably makes the labor costs a wash. In every other case I know of you pay an upcharge for the magnums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.