1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Bud Light Lime Lime-a-Rita

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by darthhamby, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhamby

darthhamby Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2012 Missouri

This just hit the market and I wish to God someone at Budweiser will stop this insanity! The Lime-A-Rita, an 8% ABV, margarita wanna be flavored beverage was like drinking a glass of citric acid with a knock off brand of a margarita mixer added. The color looks like a very dirty pale yellow but is well carbonated. I purchased the 24 ounce can, which this product is available in a 12 pack but eight ounce cans in that. Thank God I didn't buy the 12 pack. At least I only lost $2.79. The packaging is nice however they say you can serve it over ice as well. Here is the link to Budweiser's Lime A Rita. I was thinking of getting this for some friends for the Cinco de Mayo weekend but friends don't do that to friends.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/s/index.php/bud-light-lime-introduces-a-new-take-on-the-margarita-with-bud-light-lime-lime-a-rita/

NoSpillageJoe likes this.
  2. Chaz

Chaz Poo-Bah (2,026) Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Solid rant. I "enjoyed" one a week or two back, split three ways and paired with Key Lime pie!

The acidity/salt of the Lime-A-Rita added to an otherwise sweet and creamy dessert, so in that sense it was a 'good' pairing. But I was never much into the margarita as a standalone cocktail...

P.S. At 8% this one can probably stand to be watered-down!

3. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Initiate (188) Jun 21, 2009 Virginia

So... you didn't like it?

EyePeeAyBryan likes this.
  4. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (197) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota
    Industry

I'm curious as to what made you think this would be good in the first place?

minnesotaryan likes this.
  5. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Quebec (Canada)

hmm bud light:rolling_eyes:

6. darthhamby

darthhamby Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2012 Missouri

@HomeBrewed: I'm in the liquor business and I try just about any beer I can get my hands on. I just strongly believe this is another attempt of Budweiser trying to get younger crowds.

7. starrrrrrrrr

starrrrrrrrr Initiate (0) May 6, 2008 Texas

they released it around cinco de mayo. they are veiling it as a cinco de mayo ploy, but yes, i agree it's probably targeted for younger crowds. im having one right as we speak lol

8. Aewachiw

Aewachiw Aspirant (235) Dec 26, 2011 Maryland

Tasty over ice. On a hot day, this is where I want to go.

9. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Devotee (435) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

After quaffing my first Bud Light Lime-A-Rita, I was amused to observe that this fine malt bev doesn't seem to contain any

A) Bud Light
    B) Limes
    C) Tequila

Most definitely aimed at the Mountain dew crowd, never to be accused of being a repository of complex flavors...but...as an 8% ABV soda pop, it doesn't taste bad and you can catch a buzz. I'd say odds are pretty even over which buzz will hit first, sugar or alcohol.

10. TheCondor

TheCondor Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2011 Missouri

I killed about a dozen of these at a party here recently. They aren't that good, but they are easy to drink and they'll get you drunk, like Samuel L. Jackson's beer. You' might even get in a fight or sleep with a fat chick.

11. NoSpillageJoe

NoSpillageJoe Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2011 Indiana

Budweiser is about to give it's own self a bad name if they don't get back to basics. DON'T FRUIT THE BEER..!!!

12. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

Unlikely.

This stuff is flying off the shelves faster than any regular release craft beer that I have ever seen. People are hoarding it like it's in a bomber from Founder's.

minnesotaryan and siouxbrew like this.
  13. randjuke

randjuke Initiate (153) Feb 13, 2010 Iowa
    Trader

My wife and her friends love the stuff and I have to say it ain't half bad. I had a WTF reaction when I first heard about it but it seems to be a good move by Bud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.