Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Burlington folks

Discussion in 'New England' started by JebediahScooter, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JebediahScooter

JebediahScooter Sep 5, 2010 Vermont

I'm in town visiting and wondering if anybody local knows of a spot open on Thanksgiving to grab a beer? We have goods in the fridge but were thinking that it might be nice to step out for a bit. Preferably something in/walkable from downtown? We're staying next to Skinny Pancake. Happy thanksgiving folks.

2. celfan

celfan Jul 4, 2004 Vermont
    Beer Trader

I just tried to dial a few places and they were all closed. Best bet is it to walk up to Church St. and see if anything is open. At least it's warm out. You should walk Church St. anyway while you're here.

3. JebediahScooter

JebediahScooter Sep 5, 2010 Vermont

Thanks, just ended up staying in...we're headed to HF/Hunger Mtn/Alchemist tomorrow and will get a good walk around town (and perhaps a birthday Cantillon at farm house) afterwards.

4. skivtjerry

skivtjerry Mar 10, 2006 Vermont

I recommend stopping at Blackback in Waterbury on the way back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe