Buying single bottles near Asheville

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Dave1999, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave1999

Dave1999 Champion (876) Dec 5, 2011 North Carolina

I just moved to Asheville a couple of months ago. Does anybody know of any beer stores/supermarkets that have a large/good selection of singles/ build your own 6 pack beers? I know whole foods and earthfare both have a very small section of single bottles and apalachan vinter has a bit more but not huge. Cheers!

2. blackie

blackie Poo-Bah (2,828) Mar 6, 2005 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Bruisn' has a good selection of singles, and typically anything they carry is available in that format. Most local and seasonal singles are kept in the cooler, IIRC.

3. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (1,228) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Yeah, Bruisin pretty much almost wants you to buy a single, and skip the larger 4/6 packs.. check there, but they won't have anymore than Vintner.

4. Dave1999

Dave1999 Champion (876) Dec 5, 2011 North Carolina

Cheers guys, I'll need to check out brusin ales, I just moved down from virginia and the local total wine had a huge selection of singles but haven't seen anywhere like that round here

5. BeerZack

BeerZack Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2004 North Carolina

I'd say Greenlife (Whole Foods) is probably the best place for build-your-own 6pk style singles. Some of the crap on the bottom shelf seems to sit there, but if you catch it at the right time they do put a lot of the new stuff and seasonals out there (as long as they're under or around $9.99/6pk, according to the beer dude). The Ingles on Tunnel has a decent sized singles selection. Most of the selection is large/faux craft brews, but some nice NC beers too and only $8.99. The discount on 6pk of singles at Earthfare is nice, but I've never found 6 singles there that I wanted to buy at the same time. The homebrew shop Hops & Vines has a small singles cooler and offers 10% off 6 or more as well. There isn't a large selection, but usually good stuff. The only other place I can think of is Kitchen & Co. I *think* I remember them having a pretty big singles selection, but that place is weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.