Cable Car & Toronado question

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by WillCarrera, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillCarrera

WillCarrera Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2010 Ohio

So this might have been covered in the old forums, but they're gone now and I can't seem to find info on this anywhere, does Lost Abbey's Cable Car ever show up at the Toronado in San Francisco or is it only in San Diego? I mean, it's got a cable car on the bottle so you'd think it would be in SF at some point. Also is there anyway of knowing in advance when it's going to be there or is it just a you need to get lucky kind of thing?

As a side note, I've never actually been to the Toronado in SF, but the bottle list on the San Diego Toronado's website is pretty impressive, the San Francisco one doesn't have an online bottle list; do they sell bottles and if they do, is their list as great as the one in San Diego?

Thanks for the help guys!

2. stevefinny

stevefinny Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2009 New Jersey

Cable Car is sold at both locations. Depends on their mood if they sell it to you though.

3. afrokaze

afrokaze Zealot (557) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Brewery

That pretty much sums it up, don't expect to walk in randomly and just ask for it, especially if you look like a tourist. Trying ordering it after you've already bought a couple pints.

4. deeblo

deeblo Initiate (47) Dec 17, 2011 Antarctica

Good advice here. Cable Car is $40. Toronado SF has a pretty good bottle list but it's not on their web site.

5. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2009 Massachusetts

That is actually how I had my first Cable Car back in 2009. I was not living in SD at the time and walked in with my parents. We had a couple beers and then my Dad asked what a sour was. I saw Cable Car on the bottle list and ordered it. The rest is history.

Callmecoon and afrokaze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.