1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

Cable Car? What's going on in the trading forum?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by DougOLis, Dec 11, 2012.

1. pittsburghkid66

pittsburghkid66 Dec 24, 2009 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Ok, I wont use any big words so you can follow. The guy I was responding to justified his request by stating there were only 120 bottles of CC and 12k bottles of King Henry. Using his bottle rarity argument as justification, he should have asked for 100 bottles of kh. Ok, now here is the part where you have to pay attention. There are 100x more KH than CC using his stats.....The other part is real easy as well. Just pay close attention. You can follow. When beer sales were allowed on ebay, CC went for about $180-200. KH went for about $80 to $100. See, ebay was a real indicator of what a beer was worth, not some arbitrary guess...Talk about dense.

2. goodbetterbestbested

goodbetterbestbested May 10, 2012 California

jesus you're dumb as a rock

3. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Man, I hate to see what your ISO is going to look like for that eclipse bottle. Based on the $100 ticket, the cost of travel, the hotel, you will probably be after 10 are so Rares. When I call you on that I hope you have an explanation that makes sense instead of your double speak tripping all over yourself. Like I said. Just tell the truth.

4. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

No, I am not Jesus. Close though.

5. beerific

beerific Nov 8, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Go look through the history, all my responses to your comments were comments directed at me not stupac2. On the subject of eBay valuations, I guess I should have used my one day to leave work early this past week to get West bricks instead of Cable Car if I was really trying to win at $$$.

lymph likes this.
  6. beerific

Beer Trader

That assumes I don't have bottles from the parties, none of which I have ever put up for trade.

7. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Are you as big as Arbitrator? If you are I will just say I am sorry now and get this over with....But seriously, your iso was whack dude. Admit it and move on.

8. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I've never understood why so many people get butthurt about what others do with their beers... Is it really so hard to just ignore a trading thread and move along?

flaran and GonzoHomebrewer like this.
  9. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Yes, that wasnt for you it was for the other guy, Satan.

10. beerific

Beer Trader

As I BM'd AgentZero, no whacker than half the ISOs for Cable Car but I don't see a bunch of BAs threadshitting on those ones or any other whack ISOs; its only when King Henry gets devalued that the collective MTC jumps on to defend their investment.

11. beerific

Beer Trader

Exactly!!! These same people ignore tons of ridiculous ISOs every day, but here comes one that devalues King Henry and they all feel the need to jump in and threaten me with Do Not Trade lists.

12. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Nov 26, 2008 California

Just to clarify, I am not involved in this in any way... My previous post was just joshing on the fact that he used the word "arbitrator":

I'm actually kind of drunk and I just want to give everyone a hug. o_O

queens1130, kristalynn, lymph and 3 others like this.
  13. beerific

Beer Trader

Was he wearing a muscleman suit when you sat down with him this year?

14. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

No he said you would arbitrait for us next year at eclipse. I just want to make sure that this time I am not dealing with another guy that could knock me out before I could even react.

15. beerific

Beer Trader

I wasn't meaning to insult you in anyway with my previous comments. PLEASE DON"T HURT ME!!!

16. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Dude, believe me, it is nothing personal. I normally dont care about crazy iso's but since this thread was about cable car I got sucked in. I am sure I have had plenty of ISO's where people thought I was crazy. People tend to over value their own beer and under value others. My only real problem with it is you said people who have it value it at 2 and you value it at 4. Seems like the middle ground would be 3, not 6. I guess I am just really bored because I have no dog in this fight.

Here is the real over all problem though. The people who value kh at 2 will be 1:1 for CC because they want to under pay, and the people who value it at 4 like you will be 6:1 because they dont want to over pay. Easy to see why no trades are happening.

17. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Now the guy with the 6 kh would have to add.

18. huadog

huadog May 13, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

trading on here is tough and ridiculous. I usually just look at the forums to shake my head these days and get a chuckle. I offered up my cellar link to a vague Keene Idea FT and was told that he's going to hold onto it because he would want multiple rare beers for it - why even post?! BIFs are kinda fun when I'm not on the end of a barely rule following box. Anyway, I'm starting to get why trading partners > ISO:FT.

posting an ISO:FT for personal feedback on where the true median lies is weaksauce (hopefully he posts here because I said his nick).

19. Shmeal

Shmeal Nov 9, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Now this is the reason why the bulk of trades happen through regulars and not on the ISO:FT forum.

SubpoenaDeuces and MarkIntihar like this.
  20. beerific

Beer Trader

Agreed!

21. Brewzer1010

Brewzer1010 Feb 17, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

That is clear in earlier posts, I simply want to know where one can find a bottle list in San Diego that's as good as Toro but half the price.

22. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

I do wish all the left coasters could come to the Midwest so they can see how easy these 10kish bottle release are to get for MOST people. I love how a few people that get insanely lucky and manage multiples are used as the rule but when talking of their own stuff they mention these strict limits and such......ignoring the people who got 8 Cable cars for instance.....because oh that was the exception. Just like getting 6 KHs was the exception here (we are not in NY).

Anyway I digress. Point is asking for 6 KH is every bit as ridiculous as someone from here asking 1:1 CC for KH.

I declare war on the west coast. Fuck you all. Fuck you all in your own stupid asses. Come at me, bro. You best be putting up multiple plates before you dance with me cowboy. Everyone from the WC is generous and all Midwesterners are greedy assholes who hype their shit and collectively inflate it. We have been down this road before.

23. beerific

Beer Trader

But that's exactly my point, I didnt see anyone trying to go 1:1 get collectively shit on or threadshitted to the point that their post was getting nuked every 15 minutes. Where was the sense of outrage regarding those posts?

24. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Well, what happens is, every three months or so, the trading forum gets turned over so you have to explain it all over again.....and I know what you mean about us midwesterners. Bolt cutter is impossible to trade for.

25. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

I will gladly shit on them, but I choose not to do so in ISO:FT (because let the man trade his beer and all that jazz), so please invite them here and I will shit on their stupid face too.

26. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Nov 26, 2008 California

[​IMG]

/And people wonder why I gave away my shipping materials...

27. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

For clarity sake I will say I think 2KH + *something* is a realistic trade, or even 3KH but then I would think the CC end would have to add *something* as the VAST majority of KH's were well more than the $12 that gets bandied about....from what I saw $15-$18 was more the norm. (I paid $20 in fact). Does this make me EVIL? To WCers yes I am sure it does. Is this *fair* bottle-count wise? Probably not, but I will remind everyone to please use ALL CC when doing bottle count comparison and not just these 120 because ummmm, I have drank it so bottles do get out. ;)

28. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Okay, seriously, do you have some kind of learning disability or something? That wasn't me. I was the guy telling that guy that his trade probably wasn't ever going to happen. For fuck's sake, how to get you get it completely fucking wrong?

29. stupac2

Beer Trader

I can't really tell if you're being serious or not. My guess is not. But regardless, no one, and I seriously mean no one, from over here actually thinks you're evil. I don't think it's possible for anyone trading beer to be evil (unless they pull a DICK MOVE and don't ship what they agree to).

What I think is sort of ridiculous is that as soon as someone posts an offer that some people disagree with, not only do they decide they need to shit all over it, but also that the dude is irredeemable, what's wrong with trading, and no one should trade with him. What the fuck is that? Post "you realize that this bottle was foo bottlecount and cost $X?" and if he says "I know, I'll make up $4$" then just let it go. If someone wants to do the trade then awesome, if they don't then awesome. Why does it matter if someone offers up a trade you disagree with?

30. Levitation

Levitation Aug 7, 2009 California

this bears repeating. especially since you, mordormongo, wrote this just yesterday:

sorry to single you out. but you aren't the only person that speaks out of both sides of their mouth on this issue. "let the man trade his beer... wait, muhafucka asked for what? o no he di-in't! hang on, let me grab my pitchfork..."

31. abecall98

abecall98 Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

Well this was a fun read this morning. Cheers ya'll.

Since we are getting off topic at a stupid rate, I will say this. The 2012 Old Fitz Eclipse is drinking wonderfully from the bottle. Had some last night at poker, great stuff.

SubpoenaDeuces likes this.
  32. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Bullshit, it's thin as hell and everyone knows it. Stop trying to hype your beer. (sorry Abe you won't understand it but I had to go there)

33. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

What's really funny is you go balls out to defend the guys cable car iso, meanwhile he is sending me private messages saying it is all a joke and anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid...I guess that would make you the one with a learning disability.

34. abecall98

Beer Trader

Edit, seems I missed the joke here. It's all good, just read the part where you are actually high on the Eclipse as well. Carry one with the Stupac.

35. stupac2

Beer Trader

I'm not defending it, I'm saying that I don't understand why anyone would flip their shit over his posting it. Which, if you've, you know, read my posts, you should understand.

36. stupac2

Beer Trader

He's trying to make a joke. And failing. Which is pretty unsurprising, actually.

37. abecall98

Beer Trader

Ah, I didn't catch it. Too much drama in this thread.

38. beerific

Beer Trader

Definitely still dense.

39. pittsburghkid66

Beer Trader

Actually, my hot wife, big house, Porsche, fancy degree, and job with the firm would say otherwise

SpdKilz and chase2634 like this.
  40. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Jul 19, 2009

Where did I speak out of both sides of my mouth? Don't lump me in this bullshit, I stated clearly what I think is a fair trade (and that it is my opinion), my only comment was 1:6 was just as ridiculous as 1:1. Show me where I grabbed a pitchfork please....or better yet stay the fuck out of it since you admit REPEATEDLY that you don't trade anymore. Please note I posted in NO ISO:FTs about CC, not a single fucking one. So please remind me again where anything I said was against ANY trade trying to take place. Asshole.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe