Request Calling Doug Veliky (@Veliksta1) of Revolution Brewing for a BMA

Discussion in 'Beer Me Anything' started by FBarber, Aug 26, 2018.

1. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,872) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Doug Veliky (@Veliksta1) is the CFO and Head of Communications for Revolution Brewing located in Chicago, IL. Revolution is Illinois' largest independent brewery and they distribute to several other states. I know Doug has done an AMA over on reddit, but I'd love to see him do a beer me anything over here. He's active in the Revolution forums and always very helpful.

I'd love to hear more about Doug's part in the (hugely successful) changes in Revolution's barrel aged beer program over the last couple years. They shifted from bombers to 4-packs of cans and greatly expanded their yearly offerings. Id also like to hear about what thought goes into choosing a particular year's lineup (which I assume has to be done well in advance) and balancing offering the standard beers while mixing in some unique offerings.

I have some other questions, but I'll save them for if this gets off the ground.

2. eppCOS

eppCOS Savant (996) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

+1 - watching this feed. I'd want to hear more about their model of the initial brewery/brewpub and their later expansion to the larger kedzie facility and how that's worked out over the long-term.
    epp

FBarber likes this.
  3. Veliksta1

Veliksta1 Devotee (403) Aug 4, 2013 Illinois
    Society Industry

Count me in. On vacation this week so maybe in September sometime?

bluejacket74, FBarber and Todd like this.
  4. Todd

Todd Founder (5,979) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any questions before posting.

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your vacation...

Veliksta1 and FBarber like this.
  5. Veliksta1

Veliksta1 Devotee (403) Aug 4, 2013 Illinois
    Society Industry

Sorry I never got this done. Would this still be of interest, perhaps one day next week as we count down the days until the Deth's Tar release?

6. Todd

Todd Founder (5,979) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

We've been thinking about rebooting BMA, so this sounds like a plan. :beers:

jvgoor3786 and FBarber like this.
  7. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,872) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Love it!