Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Can a brewery sell beer for off-premise consumption in Mississippi?

Discussion in 'South' started by southdenverhoo, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southdenverhoo

southdenverhoo Disciple (350) Aug 13, 2004 Colorado

I believe I've already figured out that a) Mississippi breweries cannot self-distribute and b) Mississippi breweries can offer FREE tastings of samples no larger than 6 oz each but can't sell for ON-premise consumption (except brewpubs but they have to be part of a standalone restaurant or hotel and are limited to 1300 bbls a year, except for 1000 room plus hotels).

(If this is wrong let me know)

But I can't figure out from the statute whether Mississippi breweries can have a retail off-premise license and therefore sell beer-to-go, to, say, those people they gave a free sample to.

2. Hotmetal1

Hotmetal1 Aspirant (286) Feb 28, 2012 Mississippi
    Beer Trader

As far as I know we donot have any brewpubs in the state. MS has a 3 tier distro system and all beer has to go through a distributor. If you needmore information you can contact anyone from Raise Your Pints, they will be happy to help you.raiseyourpints.com.
    President: Craig Hendry Craig@raiseyourpints.com
    Vice-President: Todd Parkman Todd@raiseyourpints.com
    Treasurer: Katie Parkman Katie@raiseyourpints.com
    Secretary: Troy Coll Troy@raiseyourpints.com
    Public Relations Officer: Shannon Breland Shannon@raiseyourpints.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.