Can you recommend a good website / recipe calculator?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Hoppsbabo, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Champion (862) Jan 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)
    Trader

Yo dudes. I'm new to this home brewing malarkey and I'm looking for a website that'll help me calculate my brew recipes. I used brewersfriend for my first all grain BIAB beer, and it was pretty good I thought, but are there any that are better?
    Thanks.

2. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (95) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

'sup my bruthah?....welcome to the malarkey side of things.

I use Brewcipher. It’s not web-based but a downloadable spreadsheet. I think the most current version is v 5.1. Click HERE for links in this forum to download.
    The author offers double your money back if you don't like it. Far as I know no one has ever asked for a refund; it's that good. As they say, WOW ! !....what a deal. :slight_smile:

Others will probably chime in with their favorites, free or otherwise.

3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,712) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Was there something 'lacking' from the Brewers Friend recipe calculator that has you in search of something 'better'?

Cheers!

GormBrewhouse likes this.
  4. Hoppsbabo

Trader

No.

5. Granitebeard

Granitebeard Initiate (97) Aug 24, 2016 Maine

Brewcipher is what I use and stick to. Plus, if you run into trouble, Vikeman is on regularly.

Brewersfriend is one of the better ones I used before settling on Brewcipher. They are a decent site and I felt that they were naturally matched to my set up without going in and messing with stuff. When I started using Brewcipher and setting up recipes in three or four different places, Brewersfriend and Brewcipher basically basically lined up and matched my "finished" beer closest.

riptorn and Hoppsbabo like this.
  6. Eggman20

Eggman20 Initiate (51) Feb 14, 2017 Minnesota

I use Brewers Friend and find it to be a user friendly interface. At some point I'll have to give BrewCipher a try.

Hoppsbabo and riptorn like this.
  7. Hoppsbabo

Trader

Cool, thanks guys. I settled for Brewer's friend simply because it was the first hit on Google. Having spent half the afternoon inputing recipe ideas it dawned on me that there might be something even better, or that I should get other people's takes on Brewer's friend at least. I must say this homebrew business is bloody good fun.

8. NorCalKid

NorCalKid Initiate (99) Jan 10, 2018 California

Brewers Friend. It’s always been my go to. I use an I-phone and it’s easy and convenient.

9. Hoppsbabo

Trader

Do you know if it's worth upgrading to Premium on Brewer's Friend?

10. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,712) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Hoppsbabo likes this.
  11. JohnDon

JohnDon Zealot (538) Apr 21, 2015 Texas
    Premium Trader