Canada Canadian Brewing Awards

Discussion in 'Canada' started by LampertLand, May 12, 2013.

1. LampertLand

LampertLand Nov 2, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Rutager likes this.
  2. peensteen

peensteen Apr 3, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Ontario straight killin' it!!!
    GLB.....Fuck Yes!!!

3. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Great showing for Ontario! It is too bad that Quebec seems to be under-represented in this competition...

4. smekermann

smekermann Oct 18, 2006 British Columbia (Canada)

Some weird choices in parts... Vow of Silence didn't deserve the gold for the best Belgian abbey style ale, and neither did Seigneuriale deserve the silver. Oh well. Yeah, Ontario pretty much killed it. Haven't tried any of those beers. Sadd :(

5. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Some very weird results... but always gotta keep in mind not all breweries submit brews to be judged

6. JasonLovesBeer

JasonLovesBeer Mar 27, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Driftwood must have sat back and let others take a shot? Maybe I'm biased but they nail everything just about.

Glad to see With Love and Old Boy from P49 getting love. Also CC IPA, that's some good stuff.

7. ericj551

ericj551 Apr 29, 2004 Alberta (Canada)

I was surprised at that too. I think Singularity is world class, and if it was possible to have it fresh, Sartori could easily be best in show.

8. drinkininthewood

drinkininthewood Jul 7, 2006 Ontario (Canada)

I remember a few years back when Steelback ( yes that joke of a brewery ) somehow managed to Take home several awards. I also remember there was somewhat of a backlash from craft beers enthusiasts.....What ever happened to Steelback? http://www.bartowel.com/canadian-brewing-awards-2007/

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe