Canadian Hippies drinking tree beer for charity

Discussion in 'Canada' started by cavedave, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,604) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Trader

Okay, shoutout to my fellow hippie fine beer lovers who live in the country to our north.

I love spruce beer, lucky enough to have friends who are masters at it, so yummy. Now you can enjoy some for a good cause. Profits from this go to the $1,000,000 needed for work on wilderness parks.

Anybody tried this one? How was it?

Anybody tried any other spruce beer?

http://grist.org/list/real-hippies-drink-beer-made-from-tree-branches/

2. mtomlins

mtomlins Savant (929) Mar 12, 2010 Ontario (Canada)

I hadn't hear d that story. Pretty cool! The only spruce beer I saw come through these parts was Beau's Spruce Moose...but I missed that one of course....

3. matthaslaservision

matthaslaservision Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Phillips made a spruce tip ale called Evergreen Ale a few years back, and there was a collab spruce tip stout from six or so Vancouver breweries a few months ago...other than that I haven't seen any others in recent memory... though I remember Evergreen Ale to be super delicious. Also someone should make a spruce tip cda!

4. FondueVoodoo

FondueVoodoo Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Tofino Brewing in BC made a spruce tip IPA using their standard IPA which they soaked in spruce tips.

Also Ale Apothecary in Oregon makes a beer called Sahati which they have the wort sit in a spruce tree and use the needles as a filter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.