Belgium Can't miss places in Belgium?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by powershour, Oct 10, 2012.

1. powershour

powershour Nov 25, 2006 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I am an American publican travelling to Belgium visiting some importer "sponsored" breweries. Only 1 I am excited about (Malheur). I am looking for some guidance on beer bars and breweries that may be off the grid. I am planning on checking out Moeder Lambic and hopefully Cantillon for a tour. Any where else I should hit?

2. Nightfall

Nightfall Aug 16, 2006 Greece

3. donfasoli

donfasoli May 7, 2009 Vermont

We just got back from a week long trip over there and my favorite bar was de Garre in Bruges: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1235

Also in Bruges, de Struisse has a tasting room that is a lot of fun. The guy doing the pours was really great to chat with as well. I highly recommend it!

CyPotter, tendermorsel and Brabander like this.
  4. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, Dave (unless Bart was working that day) is a hoot - major beer collector with over 3,000 bottles. Nice guy who let me fill the last of a tasty brown ale from his tap to a liter size flip-top bottle. Tiny place right schmak in the middle of old Bruges.

5. ventura78

ventura78 Nov 22, 2003 Massachusetts

Do you have an address?:)

6. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa May 19, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe