1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

Cantillon Blåbær trade value?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by black13, Aug 20, 2013.

1. black13

black13 Apr 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I haven't seen many trades in the ISO/FT forum so guaging what this whale trades for is hard. Who has traded for one that is willing to say what it took. I know many of these go to regular trading partners, but a few have to reach other folks. Here is a list of recently offered:

Fifteen
    BA Speedway Stout Kopi Luwac
    Grey Monday
    White Chocolate
    Peche N Brett
    Fantasia
    Blend Love
    Four Play
    Adam FTW
    Framboise for the Cure
    BCBS 2008 four pack
    King Henry
    Bramble
    Useful feedback and threadshiting welcome :D

Patrick likes this.
  2. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Oct 8, 2008 Texas

I'd trade my blåbær for all of those.

3. harrymel

harrymel Dec 15, 2010 Washington

As in, any one of those, or the entire stash?

Patrick likes this.
  4. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Oct 8, 2008 Texas

sandman3479, harrymel and Patrick like this.
  5. forgetfu

forgetfu Jul 27, 2007 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I wouldn't.

codysjb, aasher, ilovermont and 12 others like this.
  6. harrymel

Good. I waited to like your post until now.

Verified pimp.

Patrick likes this.
  7. harrymel

OP: would you be interested in a Rose de Gambrinus 375ml as a substitute?

FunkyMacGroovin and Patrick like this.
  8. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Mar 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I wouldn't either, but for what it's worth half of that list tastes better than Blabaer.

9. forgetfu

forgetfu Jul 27, 2007 Colorado
    Beer Trader

:confused: :eek:

Since when did taste matter for beer commodities trading?

10. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Don't know the story behind this one, can I get a link or a brief recap?

Patrick likes this.
  11. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Beer Trader

I think it depends a fair bit on if it is a US domestic trade or if you are in the US and trading international.

If you only want to go domestic you'll have to offer a fair bit given someone else traded international to get it to the lower 48 to start with. Doubt much on that list would do it / the person with the Blabaer in the US could probably get all of those with something else in their stash.

If you go international then it's a fair bit different as it depends on what the Europeans are interested in and sometimes more of a focus on $4$ vs rarity.

12. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Well I traded my 2012 375ml + 2012 750 Fou for a Cable Car and my 2012 750 (along with other good, hard to get beer...though the Blab was the crux of the trade) for a CCK.

Though I have seen a 750 trade for a Cable Car.

aasher, leschkie and claaark13 like this.
  13. mulder1010

mulder1010 Aug 29, 2008 Australia

last year I did a Bar Fly for a 375 blabaer.
    Honestly, a grey monday can land you a 375 grey monday.
    You will need to add on the rest to get a blabaer.

14. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff Apr 29, 2013 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I might part with my 375 Grey Monday for a 750 Grey Monday - the trader with the 750 would have to add, though.

15. mulder1010

mulder1010 Aug 29, 2008 Australia

oops. Thanks for that. a 375 blabaer. Would have to add for a 750 ML blabaer

MarkIntihar and BorisKarloff like this.
  16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Didn't the OP land one or more than one of these in the past? If so, why this thread? If not...then it seems that blabaer goes for more than you are willing to give up...and judging by the amount of threads you've put up trying to land it, I'd say that it would probably be worth throwing out a crazy offer just to get it done already (see davehack & peconic)

sandman3479 likes this.
  17. black13

black13 Apr 11, 2010 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Although I did have some interest in getting another bottle of Blåbær (and not the Justin variety) I created this post to keep those that follow my yearly trek for this beer happy. It's always nice to feel the BA love :D. For those that gave constructive advice I do appreciate it, but based on what people have told me they are giving up for a bottle, it's clearly out of my trading window.

Cheers

cavedave, MordorMongo and cosmicevan like this.
  18. evilcatfish

evilcatfish May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

woodchopper likes this.
  19. cavedave

cavedave Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Haha don't sweat it M. Don't know why folks give you a hard time for this. Seems they were nicer to me when I was questing for a bottle of Great back in the day, and I think I posted about twice as many ISO's. Shit, I even went through the gots list about 4 times with harassing offers. Cheers and good luck!

20. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 May 10, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

No, it isn't fair to them at all. And I thank God that someone has finally found it within themselves to pick up the slack and fight the good fight. Onward, Deuces!

21. WagonCircler

WagonCircler May 15, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

Send him your address just in case. Have some faith in the BAs.

22. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Mar 2, 2008 Oregon

Because it's an annual tradition for him to trot out lowball offers, then post in the Help forum with the same offer reiterated to get more eyes on it?

I guess it's better than telling people his wife is having surgery to get a sympathy bottle then revealing it's non-essential and cosmetic.

aasher, claaark13, LambicKing and 5 others like this.
  23. cavedave

cavedave Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

I am going to take the part of his revealing her surgery as being for cosmetic purposes as an indication he is honest and forthcoming, 2 admirable traits.;)

24. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

Cherryman doesn't offer anything of value..... a boob job has plenty of inherit value.

libbey, Gosox8787, aasher and 2 others like this.
  25. aasher

aasher Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Beer Trader

What year?

26. beerific

beerific Nov 8, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

2012 for both the CC and the Blabaer. CC had to add something small, like FiftyFifty Eclipse or Cantillon Geuze 750, each time I know of this trade occurring. I believe some.sis go 1:1 though.

27. Corbet

Corbet Nov 7, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I've also been having a hard time trying to land a Blabaer. I'm willing to ship internationally and I have the ammo, I'd prefer a 2013 bottle but I've expanded the trade for any year. Even though I've heard from countless local friends that it doesn't live up to the hype, I just want to finally tick this beer.

I thought KBE would do it (both a blueberry beer, both are pretty limited) and nobody reached out.

I thought some BA Darklord (granted, Moscatel, Muerte '12, and Muerte '13) and nobody reached out.

If KBE can't do it alone, I'm prepared to add something to it, even if I don't think I should have to.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe