Cantillon Classic Gueuze Magnum

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by KCBeerNerd, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCBeerNerd

KCBeerNerd Dec 20, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

What kind of value are these sitting at right now? I know they are 1 per person out of the brewery for a very small window of time. Not sure what that exactly equates to in trade value though.

2. drummermattie02

drummermattie02 May 10, 2009 Texas

Considering the provenance and the large format, in addition to the issues you noted, I would say pretty damn high. If I had one, I don't think there's really anything I'd trade it for. And the kind of person that goes through the trouble to get one of these stateside to trade it... I dunno. Seems weird.

3. Rotero24

Rotero24 Aug 6, 2013 California

@Kirk could probably chime in on this...

4. kermis

kermis Dec 2, 2012 Netherlands

I traded one away to the U.S. and it pretty much worked out as 1:1 for a BVDL, amongst other stuff in the boxes.

5. sunnrider

sunnrider Jul 4, 2013 Spain
    Trader

It would take a bvdl to part me from mine and even then I´d need to think about it...

6. millelacsmark

millelacsmark Dec 23, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

I was able to get one via IP trade last year in Amsterdam. I can't tell you exactly what I traded for it since the trade involved several bottles on both sides. I plan on opening it when I retire in about 10 years.

7. evilcatfish

evilcatfish May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

Personally, I'd rather have 2 750s, at least from the ease of acquisition standpoint that is

8. KCBeerNerd

KCBeerNerd Dec 20, 2013 Missouri
    Trader

ha, well obviously acquiring 2 750 classic gueuzes is going to be in a different ball park than a magnum, if not FT: 2x Classic Gueuze ISO: Magnum haha

9. mathieu87

mathieu87 Jun 22, 2011 Belgium

The magnums are indeed released in very small amounts. They only bottle a few at the time, so you ned some luck as well when you go there.
    They had a 500 bottles batch in 2012, and now iin 2014 they made a second batch, which should be a little bit bigger.
    If you have questions on the magnum, just text me!

moose1980, PerHops and sunnrider like this.
  10. BT_Bobandy

BT_Bobandy Feb 20, 2011 Ohio

@mathieu87

Thanks for the above info. Are the magnums a different blend then CG? I've seen some reports that the magnums are a different blend and are 2-3-4 year old lambic. Any thoughts?

11. HaciendaNapoles

HaciendaNapoles Sep 11, 2015 Reunion
    Trader

The 2012, 2014, and now 2015 (screen printed bottles, bottled Nov 2015) are all standard Cantillon Gueuze blends. The 2-3-4 you are referencing was bottled in 2011 but never released publicly for sale. On 12/29/16 they were bottling about 2,000 new screen printed magnums (though the printed date says 12/20), and in that blend there is a small portion of 2-year old lambic aged in Armagnac barrels that was left from a previous blending of a special Gueuze on 12/15 for two restaurants in Brussels that contains equal parts 1, 2, and 3 year old lambic with the entire portion of the two year old lambic in the blend having been aged in Armagnac barrels.

12. BT_Bobandy

Well, that was an incredibly specific answer! Thank you

SammyJaxxxx and moose1980 like this.
  13. BT_Bobandy

Cantillon got back to me and confirmed 2015 mags are classic gueuze. Also stated that the 2-3-4 year blends "are not sold".

moose1980 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.