Cape Cod Brewery Options

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by socon67, May 27, 2021.

1. socon67

socon67 Poo-Bah (2,587) Jun 18, 2010 New York
    Society

Making a trip next month out to Newport RI, and a day out to Cape Cod. I see there are a few area breweries, but any recommendations would be appreciated, as well as food options. Cheers!

gabea likes this.
  2. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Initiate (64) Jan 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Barnstable Brewing and Devils Purse make the best beer out of the few breweries on Cape. Can easily hit both in one day.

meefmoff and socon67 like this.
  3. Resuin

Resuin Meyvn (1,339) Jun 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

My favorite brewery on the cape is Naukabout. They make good/interesting ipas and sours.

Jwale73, EDNOSE and socon67 like this.
  4. JrGtr

JrGtr Devotee (472) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

Honestly, |I don;t think there's a bad brewery on the Cape. Cape Cod Beer has been around the longest, and they're probably the most conservative as far as what they brew - but they have a lot of different styles. Some of the others are more one-trick ponys (or maybe two-trick)

5. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (250) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

Do you have any specific area on the Cape you want to / plan to visit?

JrGtr likes this.
  6. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (122) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Devil's Purse has become a great brewery. Lots of styles and when they decide to crank out a juicebomb, at least the last few, they are excellent. The double citra stonehorse is among the best IPA's I've had this year.

It's extremely close to the rail trail...pretty sure there are sidewalks from the dennisport rail trail parking lot all the way to devil's purse...or at least all the way down 134 until you have to turn.

meefmoff likes this.
  7. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (293) Apr 26, 2018 California
    Trader

Naukabout was straight up bad when I went last summer. Barnstable seems like the best brewery around but Aquatic in Falmouth is dope too. Newer brewery but have been impressed by them. Hopefully that treehouse sandwich location opens eventually

8. Stormfield

Stormfield Aspirant (229) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

The Treehouse location on the Cape has been open for about a week.

eaglephile, ColdOne and Sheppard like this.
  9. spersichilli

spersichilli Aspirant (293) Apr 26, 2018 California
    Trader

Oh shit really? How did I miss that

ColdOne and Sheppard like this.
  10. LCC

LCC Aspirant (203) Mar 2, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Lucky Goat in Wareham (brand new) is definitely worth checking out.

11. socon67

Society

I will be out that way on a Tuesday. Did they post any hours regarding the taproom, or buying to-go?

12. buking21

buking21 Aspirant (265) Jan 21, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

I’ve heard good things but haven’t been yet!

jadedturtle likes this.
  13. Stormfield

Stormfield Aspirant (229) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

No taproom. Pick up only. Go to their website.

socon67 likes this.
  14. hudsonvalleyslim

hudsonvalleyslim Disciple (355) May 29, 2003 Massachusetts

I enjoyed some Hog Island (Orleans) last weekend. Six Pack and Twelve Guns are a stones throw from each other and Newport (in Bristol).

meefmoff and gabea like this.
  15. socon67

Society

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Was planning on hitting the cape on Tuesday, but instead will do lunch in Sandwich Wednesday so I can pick up some Tree House cans. I'll be in Newport RI Mon\Tues, and there are a couple places with the other breweries mentioned on draft. Cheers!

16. socon67

Society

Just posting to thank folks for the suggestions. Would never have even thought of Treehouse without @Stormfield recommending it. Was able to order some great stuff (King Julliuuss cans!) at Treehouse while the wife and I checked out the glass museum. Love that Treehouse is literally on the water and we took a nice walk on the beach before hitting up Seafood Sam's for some good seafood. Lucked out that while in Newport RI I found a spot with Barnstable and Devil's Purse on draft. Thanks again for the feedback!

Jwale73 likes this.
  17. gabea

gabea Initiate (109) May 5, 2009 New York

Provincetown Brewery is a fun spot to hang out

18. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (2,110) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

I’m staying in Hyannis for my daughters dance competition in mid-July, the TH Sandwich location is relatively close?

19. MattOC

MattOC Defender (660) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

About 30 minutes, but you could try to hit Tree House on the way in versus once you get into Hyannis. Depending on route, you’d be driving past Sandwich heading to Hyannis.

Sheppard and guinness77 like this.
  20. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Poo-Bah (1,822) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Society

I’m going to the Cape later this week and also planning on hitting the TH location. Based on many previous visits, it looks like it is a very quick stop on the way off the Cape when you’re driving back to NY. Of course that’s depending on the day/time you’re leaving I suppose.

guinness77 likes this.
  21. palphen

palphen Devotee (440) May 17, 2006 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Aquatic Brewing in Falmouth is making some great beers, they just started serving drafts in the taproom as well. Bad Martha in Falmouth has beers that can be hit or miss but the vibe is great, fantastic outdoor drinking areas.

meefmoff likes this.