Casa Agria Specialty Ales

Discussion in 'US - West' started by bnelson997, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sokrman14

sokrman14 Initiate (77) Mar 8, 2012 California

Growlers are of the pale ale only. And the house saison is to-go until it's gone pretty much. Guava Fresca is for members only and they may still have some left for on site

2. Telly13

Telly13 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 California

Got it, have family visiting and there going to stop by for me. Hopefully bottles of the Saison are still available really looking forward to the Pale

3. Miruguy

Miruguy Initiate (168) Nov 22, 2010 California

I finally tried the Saison and thought it was delicious - tart, but not overly tart and extremely drinkable. Looking forward to the Guava

grze likes this.
  4. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Has the Gose been released yet? Thoughts?

5. CAcker

CAcker Initiate (168) Apr 16, 2012 California
    Trader

solid example of the style. was there when they tapped it, Friday a week ago. Slightly tart salty some doughy/cereal notes in the finish. Interested to see what fruit they start pairing with it in the future. Gose is not my preferred style but it would have been if it were nearly ninety out and not like 60 that day. Excited to see what keeps rolling out as they are about two (long) blocks from my office

6. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Their ecommerce interface is so confusing. I hope that gets upgraded at some point.

Keyser likes this.
  7. Vivified

Vivified Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2014 California

It's better than the bullshit Libertine is throwing at us

micahburns likes this.
  8. Coldstorage

that's debatable. at least I know where to go right now in order to buy libertine stuff. Everytime I want to see the casa thing I have to dig through emails... (some where the links work others where it doesn't) and for some reason all the items I already purchased are still in my cart? Made me nervous that I didn't actually submit so I looked for an order history which was nowhere to be found. Luckily I still have my invoice in my email.

Oh and initially when I was setting up an order with them I put some items in my cart but waited to purchase cause im splitting membership and wanted to see if the other guy wanted extra glasses or shirt... and sometime over the 24 hours it was sitting Casa went ahead and RAN MY CARD without me ever submitting the order. Weirdest thing ever. Luckily it declined because it didn't have the up to date security code on it but man... that was weird.

9. Xline9

Xline9 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California

Thank you for the feedback. I don't monitor this post everyday so if you ever need immediate assistance you can email me ryan@casaagria.com

For the next release you will be getting an email with a link that you can save to your favorites. This link will always take you to the webstore, where you will be able to enter your user name and password. This should help in being able to navigate to the store.

The items will remain in your cart until you either pick them up or have them shipped. Once received we complete the order and it disappears from your cart. This allows you the ability to change your order from pickup to shipping or add future items to your order to ship in bulk.

Sorry for the issues regarding your card, we have fixed that bug. The system was set to pre-auth your card, you would have never been actually charged. The pre-auth feature isn't needed and has been removed. We are continuing to work to improve different aspects of the member portal. Thanks again for your feedback.

10. Coldstorage

Thanks for the response. Honestly I hate it when people bitch first on forums before taking their complaints to the source first and then went and did it myself. Mia culpa.

I do have a few questions about this and will go ahead and park them here since I think it might spare you from answering the same ? multiple times.

1) I do like the idea of adding items and having them ship in bulk. How do I include previously ordered items without being charged for them again? Because I was already charged once on Dec 17th.
    2) Previously purchased tems that don't exist anymore are now removed from my cart (fe: Agria de la Casa bottle x2) how can I indicate that I would like these shipped if I decide to go that route?
    3) Since im not sure it was mentioned anywhere yet, how long do members have to pick up purchases?

My intention is still to pick these bottles up... but unless you guys start opening on Sundays (hint hint :slight_smile:) its going to be tough and I might just have to have the bottles shipped.

Keyser likes this.
  11. Xline9

Xline9 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California

I think it would be best to email me. If you email me your name I can look up your account and assist in answering questions 1 and 2. You can pick up anytime until March 2017.

Starting the first weekend in Feb we will be open Sunday's. Hope to see you soon!

TNeedles, wheelzntoys and grze like this.
  12. sokrman14

sokrman14 Initiate (77) Mar 8, 2012 California

Those growlers are an unfiltered east coast IPA. They aren't designed to be clear like a west coast IPA. It's also a lot softer of a malt bill and less sweet. Allows the hops to be more showcased. In addition, that less sweet malt has a lot of flaked wheat most likely which will make it a lot cloudier.

Ever have a can of heady topper, treehouse Julius, etc? That's the style their aiming for.

13. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think he is just bored and trolling

14. micahburns

micahburns Initiate (130) Oct 2, 2008 California

The only difference between Heady and Del Norte is that I didn't drain pour two 32oz growlers of Heady

15. 3SH33TS

3SH33TS Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2010 California

This thread is for high-fives and butt-patting only...

16. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Zealot (563) Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Can you post a pic of the pour?

17. TNeedles

TNeedles Initiate (0) May 11, 2013 California

I care much more about how it tastes than how it looks. Seen some great looking beers that tasted awful..

marcus23 and micahburns like this.
  18. Coldstorage

19. YouGoonKyle

YouGoonKyle Initiate (50) Jun 19, 2014 California
    Society

I don't know, looks pretty good to me:

Serna714, Marcismo55, grze and 5 others like this.
  20. Suds_With_Buds

Suds_With_Buds Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2014 California

I have never looked at a glass of beer and thought "this looks terrible" other than black chocolaty resin at the bottom of an aged BT or the dregs of a Fou.

I can understand that there is a visual aspect to enjoying beer, but in what way does this look terrible and how does it influence your opinion of this beer?

Not hating, it just seems like you are shitting on a pale ale which looks unfiltered for no reason other than you don't like the look of unfiltered pale ales, which to me, does not really seem like a valid criticism of a beer.

21. PG2G

PG2G Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 California

I'm guessing it has something to do with that style of IPA being trendy at the moment. We all know he hates anything trendy

22. 3SH33TS

You didn't know? IPAs that look like OJ are the hawt sh*t right now...

[​IMG]

Vivified likes this.
  23. KANE3

KANE3 Initiate (163) Jul 31, 2012 California

i'll add some pics i found on ig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

not so unbiased now, are you? :wink:

25. 3SH33TS

It's a thing... If you aren't puree'ing your pale ales in a food processor, you're doing it wrong.

swolepeer, grilledsquid and Vivified like this.
  26. walterfredo

walterfredo Aspirant (203) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

the grumpy old man is at it again!

"back in my day, we didn't have these hazy, coudy IPAs, and we loved them."

[​IMG]

27. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (171) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

has CASA opened the tap room for on-site consumption? As far as I remember it was only growler fills and bottles.

28. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 England

Ewwww yucky, yucky! That beer is so ugly ewwwwwww!"

29. grze

grze Devotee (482) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

That's really interesting...In my opinion, if anything, Heady doesn't look too pretty with all its yeast/hop residue chunks floating around. I find haziness much much more appealing visually than a clear liquid with chunks in it. Although I still would not call that ugly, it's just beer.

30. Original_Fake

Original_Fake Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2013 North Carolina

It might taste fantastic but it sure doesn't look appealing to me. Different strokes.

31. Doomsayer52

Doomsayer52 Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2014 California

Honestly, I normally don't mind the looks of beers but those Hoof Hearted cans are nearly offensive to me. It looks like straight wort + trub.

32. 3SH33TS

Truly I don't care one way or the other as long as it tastes good. That hazy azz Tree House Julius I ticked at Shelton way back was damn delicious. Though, I won't go out of my way to trade a first-born for it. But if CASA can do something along those lines, then by all means, I could get behind that...

TNeedles and sokrman14 like this.
  33. marcus23

marcus23 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2014 England

Just finally got my allotment in the mail. Crushed Agria de la Casa so fast. Was lucky enough to try it in it's early phase and holy balls they cleaned it up. Well done, @Xline9 !

34. grze

Trader

Well this sounds tasty:

[​IMG]

Serna714, HaoleToYouToo and TNeedles like this.
  35. neurobot01

neurobot01 Defender (646) Jan 25, 2014 California

Special sneak peak:

[​IMG]

(Note: not actually a sneak peak at all. But I guarantee some folks would swear that jar of straight yeast looks JUICY AS HELL BRO.)

grilledsquid, rhertan, AlexM and 10 others like this.
  36. Mavidpark

Mavidpark Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2014 California

Thoughts on citratonic?

37. Juan611

Juan611 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California

Unfiltered, super balanced and dangerously drinkable

38. Marcismo55

Marcismo55 Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 California

Mega Citronic was great and I prefer it over the pale for sure. I had 3 pours of it and didn't want to switch to another beer. [​IMG]

PNW_Whalez, marcus23 and grze like this.
  39. grze

Trader

Wow...and I really like Del Norte. Gotta try this one soon.

Marcismo55 and BeerMoto like this.
  40. SoCaliC8

SoCaliC8 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 Idaho

Going here Saturday! Can't wait!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.