Cascade Brewing sold to investor group

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by unlikelyspiderperson, Apr 3, 2020.

1. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,376) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

thebeers, PapaGoose03, thuey and 2 others like this.
  2. Sound_Explorer

Sound_Explorer Poo-Bah (1,843) Dec 29, 2013 Washington
    Society

3. thuey

thuey Disciple (321) Nov 13, 2015 California

Yeah, when I saw that article, I was like wuuuut?

But then again, if the owner is getting up in age and wanted to retire (as they say in the article), now's not a bad time. I doubt it's a seller's market though, but they got a buyer...

4. onezendad

onezendad Aspirant (201) Apr 16, 2018 Canada
    Society

Leaves a sour taste in my mouth

:sunglasses:

5. Ahonky

Ahonky Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2018 New York

They are in an instant pass. Insane prices.

6. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (805) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Always wanted to try their beers but the cost was crazy, they were on shelves here for a little while back some years And at $32 I just could not do it.

Feels like a good time to walk away if you can.

Enjoy

7. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Defender (690) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Got my first Cascade from the trunk of a nomadic beer traveler who turned me onto BA (@MilwaukeeCrusher?). $20 for the Apricot.

This was like 7 years ago, and it's still the best $20 I've spent on beer.

8. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Savant (973) Nov 4, 2015 New York

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  9. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,416) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

In uncertain market looks like a perfect time to bank and walk away, especially if your at retirement age.

10. rgordon

rgordon Meyvn (1,060) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

I spoke to Art Larrance back in the 00s about bringing his beer to North Carolina. He was just then ramping up his barrel program and making more beer. He asked me where I was located and I said Greensboro. He said "isn't that where Guilford College is?", and I told him it was. He recounted an early 60s playoff type baseball game that his team had traveled cross country to and that he loved the area. Around 2010 we were atop Elk Ridge Mountain in Valle Crucis with a large family group. It was the Fourth of July and we had blueberry pies with blueberries from the property with Cascade Blueberry Northwest Sour Ale. It was amazing. We stayed up all night and it's nothing but great memories. I never met Art personally, but he sure seemed to be the real deal....

11. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,937) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Society

Hit their taproom up last year when I was up in Portland. Enjoyed the beer and visit a good deal but, like many already mentioned, never found their bottle prices worth their cost. I never bought a bottle of their stuff.

Browntown35 likes this.
  12. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (552) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Their taproom is the only way to go due to high bottle prices. Definitely worth the visit, their taproom is phenomenal!

mushroomcloud and sharpski like this.