Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

CBC's 24th Anniversary Party this Saturday!

Discussion in 'New England' started by NTLOPE, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucas1801

lucas1801 Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

Probably see you there then as I will be there basically all day.

2. jaasen64

jaasen64 Jan 15, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'll be with Don wearing a brown DC Brau " Fermentation without Representation" shirt

3. lucas1801

We should have set up a single bottle blind BIF like the DLD one, trade off a bottle with the target and by the end of the day everyone sees what they get.

4. lucas1801

If anyone wants to do this I will bring a bottle of something, make it a fairly sought after bomber. No need to go crazy but something nice I will be in a old school emblem pats hat with a white polo w/greem stripes.

5. DonFrap

DonFrap Feb 27, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

We already left my house so prob wouldn't be able to make this happen, but awesome idea for next time.

6. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Nov 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Is it a mob scene over there?

7. Stormfield

Stormfield Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

On my way now. Pretty pumped. I'm sure it will be busy, but hopefully there'll be breathing room. On another note, some woman on the train sitting in the seat across the isle is clipping her nails for all to see and hear. Charming.

8. jlordi12

jlordi12 Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

What a show. Can't wait to see what the 25th is like. Thank you CBC

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  9. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Great time with great beer!

10. BobCobb

BobCobb Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

How's the crowd doing? Going to stop in later to try the anniv beers and see what else is left.

11. AdamP

AdamP Mar 26, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Was an hour wait for two people to sit inside when we got there at 6 and there was zero space at the bar. Went to Lord Hobo for dinner instead and watched the Bruins game. Went back to CBC around 9, got two seats at the bar, and had some awesome beers (Rye, Rye Rocco is unreal). Very glad we went back and congrats to CBC on the anniversary!

12. Janeinma

Janeinma May 24, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

tried way too many between me and my husband, 4 full pours six samples hit the sours, wilds and saisons mostly (https://untappd.com/user/janeinma) if you want to see all I sampled. Loved the mellow gold and BiƩre de Miel. Thankfully the cheese fondue and pork sandwiches helped a little to soften the effect. Glorious sunny day with everyone in a happy mood. Then we walked out with bottles of the tripel and audacity of hops. Untappd basically called me out yesterday for excessive sampling as I added them and now BA is too as I add my scores :) but makes me look forward to the 25th anniversary.

13. bostonbeans

bostonbeans Apr 19, 2012 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Had way too much fun.... got there at noon and left for home around 2. After 8 samples, 3 full size pours, Beer Brats and BBQ burger I was ready for a 12 hour nap. Ready for the 25th.

14. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Mellow gold and shadows and light are still on tap right now for brunch.

15. jlordi12

Beer Trader

I thought Mellow Gold was awesome, Shadows and Light was great , but a little on the sweet side for me.

16. jlordi12

Beer Trader

One last comment before I forget , Pearls of Wisdom being rated an 85 on BA is a crime against humanity.

17. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I liked Mellow gold too. Reminded me of that Brett spiked grisette they did a little while ago but more rustic. Shadows was interesting but I'm a bit too stuffed up fighting off a cold (or allergies) to appreciate it.

18. Rekrule

Rekrule Nov 11, 2011 Massachusetts

I thought mellow gold was very good. Shadows and light, not so much.

19. lucas1801

Loved Mellow Gold, I went back today for lunch and had 3 more.

jlordi12 and FrankLloydMike like this.
  20. SABERG

SABERG Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Enjoyed Mellow Gold, greatly.
    Offerings were wonderful, staff as always fabulous.
    A fine tribute to hard work.

Cheers

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  21. celeriac

celeriac Oct 21, 2008 Massachusetts

Excellent event! Incredible beer, and not too crowded. Mellow Gold is terrific and:
    I completely agree. Just a delicious beer.

22. bramsdell

bramsdell May 27, 2011 North Carolina

Pearls of Wisdom was my favorite beer at the Belgian beer fest and it remains my favorite beer made in MA.

Fantastic time on Saturday.

jlordi12 likes this.
  23. jlordi12

Beer Trader

I agree 100%

24. jlordi12

Beer Trader

Anybody know what is still on tap now?

25. BobCobb

BobCobb Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

jlordi12 likes this.
  26. NTLOPE

NTLOPE Feb 1, 2002 Massachusetts

Typically it is, but we're rotating through any partial kegs from the Anniversary gig and those are not likely to make it up on the website. You'll just have to come by and see what surprises we have for you.
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe