CCB Humidor Series: Double American Black Ale

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by HoldenDurden, Jan 3, 2013.

1. HoldenDurden

HoldenDurden Nov 27, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Has anyone seen this in retail locations yet?

2. gunhaver

gunhaver May 27, 2007 Florida

it hasn't been bottled yet.

HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  3. kpanter

kpanter Nov 25, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

They just bottled it, and it's now on sale in their tasting room! Should hit stores within a few weeks

4. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Has anyone had it yet (on tap or otherwise). Sounds interesting...Imperial Black Ale? Not too familiar with the style.

kpanter likes this.
  5. vw73182

vw73182 Oct 6, 2007 Indiana

6. thecraftculture

thecraftculture Nov 28, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

It was pretty peppery. Not bad, it was one of the first things I had tried to so I do not remember it that well. I did pick two bottles up though.

7. thirstygator

thirstygator Mar 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Any confirmation on these hitting distro? Was told back around Thanksgiving by one employee that it was going out and by another that it was going to be a tap room only deal.

8. thecraftculture

Beer Trader

I am not sure, I didn't ask. I only spotted two pallets of it in their storing warehouse. I am guessing its pretty limited.

9. thecraftculture

Beer Trader

10. thirstygator

thirstygator Mar 29, 2012 Florida
    Beer Trader

Quite jealous. Have plenty of BA Big Sound though, haven't decided what I want to try and trade it for though.

thecraftculture likes this.
  11. Danny1217

Danny1217 Jul 15, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Someone let me know the day this hits shelves in Miami. I just want to buy one bottle. Just one. But I know if I'm a day late some guy will have bought all of it.

12. shokatan

shokatan Jan 11, 2013

Danny not sure if you got any yet but I just picked up a bottle from "Cork & Bottle" in Kendall. They also had the collaboration brew they did with The Bruery : Dos Costas Oestes

13. drowland

drowland Jul 24, 2008 Georgia
    Beer Trader

It hit Jacksonville last week. My store got one case.

14. RedneckBeerz

RedneckBeerz Sep 17, 2011 Massachusetts

I picked up 2 bottles from an online purchase @ Lueken's Liquers on 1/15 and received them Saturday 1/19. Holding both bottles for the 2013 Foothill's Sexual Chocolate release/bottle share on Feb. 2. Cheers

15. BobSacamano12

BobSacamano12 May 27, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Purchased a few bottles of it along with BA big sound scotch. Haven't tasted either yet. Still plenty left in tasting room.

16. MADPolo

MADPolo Dec 19, 2012 Alabama

Same as Bob, I grabbed some yesterday along with a few bottls of BA Big Sound. I haven't cracked it yet though.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe