CCB Zhukov sightings around town

Discussion in 'US - South' started by FLBeerGuy, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevinhcraig

Kevinhcraig Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Florida

[QUOTE="...I still paid...[/QUOTE]

This is CCB's golden ticket.

2. cmgray03

cmgray03 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2012 Colorado

This hit anywhere around the Tampa area yet?

3. CBrodbeck

CBrodbeck Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2014 Florida

Whole Foods Fort Lauderdale still had some as of tonight for the low low price of....
    [​IMG]

And woo hoo Churrasco, Beans, and Rice for dinner!

will_eye_e and CaptainFleeker like this.
  4. CaptainFleeker

CaptainFleeker Defender (671) Aug 27, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Skip the soap. Grab another MZ. It's the neck beard way.

cleg, danetaylor and CBrodbeck like this.
  5. Pinball_Guy

Pinball_Guy Initiate (143) Aug 7, 2014 Florida

I heard it's not even available for the retailers to order from JJ Taylor yet. Probably a couple weeks is the estimate.

Anyone's guess at this point, though I was really surprised that it lasted thru Tuesday noon at CCB.

6. Rlhinson2104

Rlhinson2104 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2014 Florida

i happened to randomly spot in the last store I'd expect to find it in Pensacola. Problem is... I had to pay $20.99. :slight_frown:

sbb32 likes this.
  7. lionelhutz23

lionelhutz23 Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Florida

CCB has been releasing a lot of beers lately. I'm kind of tired of dropping $13-$15 for a bomber of every beer they release. Going to just buy a couple of each moving forward unless I have requests from friends for it. I've slowed down on my trading so no reason to keep buying allotment. Everything with CCB is smaller and more expensive. I'm still a fanboy but it's annoying.

I saw a lot of people buying 1-2 bottles of MZ so some may be doing the same as me.

#47 lionelhutz23, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    CaptainFleeker likes this.
  8. Beer4B

Beer4B Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Florida

Pretty sure this info isn't good. It hit Lakeland yesterday (Thursday) so I can't imagine it won't hit Tampa/St.Pete today or beginning of next week at the latest.

9. Beer4B

I hear you here. CCB has been crushing limited releases (which is awesome) and it would be quite expensive to catch them all AND max out. Pretty sure Caffe Americano is coming out again in September too?! Yikes.

However, Zhukov isn't one I'm interested in NOT maxing on...which reminds me: why isn't Zhukov on year-round like most other breweries imperial stout?! Is it TOO much to ask it have it canned at least all winter? Paging Brew Hub...

10. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (339) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

It takes too much time in the tank, and therefore limits the amount of other beer they can produce and distribute. Brewhub also wants to churn stuff through their equiptment, rather than have stuff sit in tanks. And if I'm CCB I'm not outsourcing my Zhukov recipe. If something goes wrong it's an expensive drainpour.Plus some of the hype and limited offering is a good business/marketing tactic.

I like CCB putting out more bottle releases, some aren't as good as others, but it's better than waiting multiple months for something good to show up. I assume we'll see Good Gourd shortly, and the Guayabera cans.

One other note on marketing/business, if you notice a lot of the new bottle releases will go in the fridge before they tap it. Which seems to force people, especially visitors to buy the bottles before knowing what it tastes like. Then after the bottles are gone, they have it on tap for a while. Zhukov being different, probably because they know everyone will but it anyways. But it would be better as a consumer to be able to order a pint to determine how many bottles to buy.

lionelhutz23 likes this.
  11. Beer4B

How much more time in the tank does Zhukov spend then other breweries imperial stouts? Not to mention if ingredient limitations aren't there why wouldn't a business want to produce and sell more product to even get close to demand? This isn't Hunahpu after all...I get why they don't produce that more often! But this is just an imperial stout.

I didn't mean to suggest that the Brew Hub brew it FOR CCB but with the Brew Hub's production of the cores it gives CCB more space to brew all these special releases.

SoFla123 likes this.
  12. Lapalou

Lapalou Disciple (339) Dec 21, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Got it, I'm guessing the above has to do with all the issues CCB had with Brewhubs canning of Cubanno expresso and WOJA. They haven't canned there since. Originally they indicated moving all canning to brewhub, but that changed and now they just use brewhub to brew. And CCB has added more tanks and another warehouse onsite.

13. Jason_cs

Jason_cs Meyvn (1,121) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Trader

ABC Winter Park on N. Orlando ave. got in a case this morning and sold out in 30 minutes. I would imagine some of the other ABCs in the area will get some today as well.

14. Hopzilla

Hopzilla Initiate (103) Dec 4, 2013 Florida
    Trader

Or the next Caffe Americano.

15. mwlyons02

mwlyons02 Initiate (0) Mar 28, 2009 Florida

2 cases left at Total Wine in Naples. One bottle per person $12.49

Vinithing likes this.
  16. Hopzilla

Hopzilla Initiate (103) Dec 4, 2013 Florida
    Trader

World of Beer has it. Low price of 29.99! :grinning:

jloomis likes this.
  17. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,826) May 7, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Ouch

18. oso4life

oso4life Initiate (0) May 22, 2014 Florida

Boxelder has it at $19.00

19. antilite

antilite Initiate (44) Jan 1, 2012 Florida

A case popped in at ABC East Brandon. $16.99. (Pumking and the new 10% Warlock, too). No Good Gourd.

20. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

Anything in ft Myers area? Trying to direct a pick me up to continue my vertical.

21. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

Total Wine got it in today, 5 cases. Had a few cases left behind the desk at around 1pm. May be gone by now

FATC1TY likes this.
  22. FATC1TY

Any good gourd ?

Limits on Zhukov?

And thanks for the tip!

23. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

They got a ton of Good Gourd in today. It is on shelves, no limits. $12.99.

1/pp for MZ. $12.49.

Happy to help

FATC1TY likes this.
  24. FATC1TY

Scored some Zhukov and several good gourd! Thanks for the heads up. Talk about perfect timing.

SFC21 likes this.
  25. JDice20

JDice20 Initiate (194) Aug 14, 2013 Louisiana

Anyone reckon Chans will have it in Destin Saturday or Sunday?

Heading down for vacay and hoping to get lucky...

26. Jge301985

Jge301985 Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2015 Florida

Total wine has cases of good gourd, MZ is there as well but at the front counter will have to ask for it, don't know bottle limits
    Cheers

27. ATL_Corp_Sellout

ATL_Corp_Sellout Initiate (45) Apr 28, 2014 Georgia

Are there any online stores to buy Zhukov? I was down there last year and snagged a couple of bottles, but won't be able to get there this year. I need to make this a yearly purchase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.