Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Cellaring refrigerated beer

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by ShanethBarber, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShanethBarber

ShanethBarber May 13, 2013 New York

Hi guys I'm very new to cellaring, home brewing, etc. I was looking for an answer but couldn't find it anywhere. Can I take refrigerated beer and cellar it. Will temp flux mess with flavor, quality, etc? I'm thinking it won't be a big deal but I wanted to ask guys with more experience. Thanks in advance.

2. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

It's fine.

We need to sticky this or something, it gets asked so damn often.

ShanethBarber likes this.
  3. HighWine

HighWine Dec 11, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

You're right, everything will be fine. Keep 'em in the fridge or toss them back in if you want to slow the aging process.

4. podunkparte

podunkparte Nov 14, 2009 Washington

A couple hours is all it takes for a beer to get to room temp or cellar temp. Cellarable beers will not change in a couple hours. Just move them to your cellar. No problems at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe