Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcatGSB

And here is the video of 15 selling out, WITH, YES WITH, Lansman actually typing this very post. Listen for the very loud "Should have come earlier" about fifty seconds in lol We can chuckle about it all now, can't we?

2. hailster

Thanks for posting the video. I was the guy who's leg was getting shot at the end of the video.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  3. Lansman

Beer Trader

Proof that I am but a slave to the community in moving picture form.

You're all WELCOME for this sort of real-time dedication. Ingrates.

Side note: to the BA I talked with in the video who had a bottle of The Wanderer- shoot me a BM. Still interested.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  4. ajzy

Beer Trader

ah yes, the benefit of living a two minute walk from Sugar Maple--saw the benefit posters in the window when I was there drinking Hopslam tonight :)

smurfbeer likes this.
  5. stayclean

Do you know around what time this will be going down?

Whoops nevermind, didn't think to look at their Facebook page.

6. atone315

Beer Trader

Good beer and a good cause? Beechwood cellar beers for auction? Fifteen on tap? I'm in!!!

7. BeerMeFitz

We were not the 1st in line at that hour of the morning Fred it was sarcasm. We ended up getting there around 1:30pm and landed somewhere around 25th in line. We met some great BAs in line and a whole lot more throughout the night. I did have a bottle disappear but we located it with enough for one taste left...I don't blame whoever took it since so many of us were just leaving bottles on tables and expecting people to open them and try them. The blue grass music was awesome and the bbq sandwich with slaw was fantastic!! I got to meet one the owners, Paul, when I was looking for garbage bags to throw all the empty bottles in from the bottle share tables where they were starting to pile up and fall. He seemed really cool and really busy. This is like any other big anniv party where you see how it goes and then next year you try to tweak any problem spots. I am confident this can only get bigger and better. Cheers to all the CW employees who worked so hard to put on this party for all to come and enjoy. Cya next year!

franklinn and Duff27 like this.
  8. iadler

Beer Trader

I'm including a bottle in a raffle for a good cause if anyone missed out or are ISO. Details on my profile. :)

9. atone315

Beer Trader

Not sure if anyone saw this or not, TonyTalon posted it on his FB page....

Slow it down to .25x, if you are trying to spot somebody.

10. MarcatGSB

Lansman = #1. Looks like Noah from Local Option was nice enough to post this on YouTube for everyone. Thrash on and remember "Shit beer will kill you"

CMB2012 and atone315 like this.
  11. MarcatGSB

I'm here to complain a bit! I'm sorry, but I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for 15, and they are fantastic. My beef is, out of the 5 reviews posted, three of them state they are from the Anniversary Party...Poured into an 8 oz plastic cup, drank in a dimly lit brewery, probably with a less than fresh palate. Just a quick rant, and this isn't an attack on any of you reviewers. I feel a beer such as this deserves the time taken to let this beer open up over time, the proper glassware to accentuate the nose, take proper time to evaluate the appearance. Sure these reviews to blast the trading value into another dimension, but ultimately it waters down the quality of the reviews here on BA, and saddens me personally. /end rant.

ppohio, jawzman and jegross2 like this.
  12. Theeabyss

iadler, biglobo8971, Jfriz25 and 2 others like this.
  13. jegross2

Beer Trader

Oh look, there I am.

14. FishPondManager

Beer Trader

I saw a lady bring two babies in at the 2:28 mark. That's badass

15. jawzman

Yup, she absolutely did bring both the little ones to the festivities that evening, a welcome sight, imho. I rubbed the youngest's head personally later that night while they stood in line (after Mom granted permission, of course). Pretty sure that's me at 1:28 on the way out with my haul, plus Lobo's, (that box is only 2/3rds full, btw, 4 each ((haters refrian from hating)). Though I do have doubts that's actaully me... pretty sure I am better looking... maybe it's the poor quality camara.

16. JohnfromPurdue

Beer Trader

Theeabyss likes this.
  17. xnicknj

18. MarcatGSB

Well, what's worth creating a blog post that no one will read, or posting 3 extremely whiny, BA posts that the brewery and many others will read...Haters gonna hate.

stayclean, crossovert and robbiemoy13 like this.
  19. ABisonEgo

The bottle share was great??? I had an 09 olde rabbits foot, '10 blackbeerd, '12 peruvian morning, and two '13 bbbw stolen. My friend had a 15 stolen. People were walking in randomly drinking beers that had no affiliation with the bottle share.. and on top of that, i had to use my cell phone app, "brightest flashlight" to read the labels on the bottles. That bottle share was bullshit

BrownAleMale likes this.
  20. ABisonEgo

Let me add... regardless of the bullshot and being shut out and having multille bottles stolen... the shuttle to and frlm the hotel was a huge act of generosity and was really the decidjng factor of whether or not we were going to come.

21. MarcatGSB

Sorry to hear you had the misfortune of having something stolen from you. I always play defensive at these events just for that reason... 98 percent of the guests are good people, but I really don't think it's a good idea to leave personal belongings laying around in any public place, especially one with many drunk people. I'd be happy to replace your two 13 BBBW, but that's the best I can do. Cheers!

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  22. ABisonEgo

Take that, rare!!!

23. ABisonEgo

I am talking a lot of garbage about the event, but i have to admit, i did have a lot of fun. A couple of generous ba's made 15 happen for me and a lot of stuff went down that sucked.... but i personally had a good time and reallynam glad i went. I got to meet a handful of ba's and drank amazing beer all night/

24. teamwiggum

Beer Trader

Did you go to the Bomb Shelter a lot?

25. sacrelicio

Chi Town shadyness

26. Wiscobrew

Beer Trader

I sure did, I moved away from Milwaukee in 3/11 but the two years before that I went pretty much every Friday.

That place had the perfect combination of Wisconsin Tavern and Beer Geek Hideout.

atone315 likes this.
  27. teamwiggum

Beer Trader

Ah, I work 2nd shift so I was a Saturday night guy LOL

28. mr1581

Beer Trader

29. MarcatGSB

Hmm, you absolutely sure about that? I get a different feeling...

30. mr1581

Beer Trader

nope...now I guess I read that wrong originally on his twitter post... sorry adam if you are here

31. MarcatGSB

That blog is hilarious. He's had 33 views (3 of which are mine)... Why create a troll blog account to post the same exact thing posted on this very thread (which was even linked)... Get over yourself, sorry man.

jegross2 likes this.
  32. Mrpickles

While the blog is pointless, I have to agree with the statement he is trying to make. Or more this is the way I take it. This is a community of like minded people that enjoy beer. The CW party was about getting people together and to celebrate a great brewery and the people who support it. It used to be an event where people WANTED to come and share their beer so other could try it. This year a few people decided their need was greater than the rest of the people in that same community and took advantage off the rest of us by working the system to get more than they should. I personally saw people from the site, and people talking in this thread, that were line cutting and taking advantage. Am I calling them out, no, but was it greedy people costing otherse a chance to try a new beer, YES.
    On the flip side there were countless people offering up some of there allocation to help others that were shut out. That is what makes events like this GREAT. What is too bad is the acceptance of what happened and the A-Holes that are giving a great community a black eye.

33. CityofBals

[​IMG]

Found an old pic on my phone as we were walking from town back to CW. Cheers again to everyone I met, and those whom I'll meet in the future!

BeerMeFitz likes this.
  34. hey5hitgoose

Beer Trader

"1616" was confirmed by the owner of central waters to me that it is a completely different beer. A stout aged with molasses and cocao nibs (pretty sure thats what it was) aged in barrels for around 2 years.

35. cptnspeed1

Beer Trader

The base beer and a copy batch hit beer weeks and GTMW last year.

36. iadler

Beer Trader

So it's going to be named 1624? :)

hey5hitgoose likes this.
  37. jegross2

Beer Trader

And I was apparently the only one underwhelmed by it

38. bpfrush

Beer Trader

No, I was actually a little underwhelmed by it at the Great Taste last year as well, Jeff. Hoping the barrel does its magic.

jegross2 likes this.
  39. cptnspeed1

Beer Trader

The original that was in Milwaukee was supposedly better than the cask version that hit Madison/GTMW. I thought the cask was decent, but will work well with a lot of barrel time. If I had to guess a current beer that it will taste like, I would say BA 9000, but that's just speculation. Regular 9000 tasted similar at release to the cask.

40. MarcatGSB

Annnd BA Batch 9k was the best beer released in the Midwest last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe