Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Central waters bourbon barrel cherry

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Joeyuwp, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeyuwp

Joeyuwp Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2012 Wisconsin

Called the brewery and was told it should be out by end of next week but person wouldn't give solid date.

2. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Devotee (447) Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Can't wait!

3. wisconsinbeer1

wisconsinbeer1 Aspirant (210) Nov 11, 2004 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Got it in Hudson today

4. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Champion (835) Jan 31, 2012 Illinois

I've been really surprised in the amount of CW we've been getting in the Chicago market this year. Easiily obtained both Peruvian and BB Barleywine...how's the cherry stout?

5. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Initiate (81) Jan 12, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I picked up CW Illumination DIPA and the BB Cherry Stout at Woodmans in Janesville this past Sunday. Both excellent beers!

6. brian23456

brian23456 Aspirant (201) Apr 29, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Illumination is out??? Sweet, can't wait til it hits La Crosse!

7. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Initiate (81) Jan 12, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

When I ws talking to the guy at the register at Woodmans he said they got in 2 cases each of Illumination and the BB Cherry Stout the day before. I got lucky to get it when I did.

8. EROCK75

EROCK75 Disciple (350) Aug 5, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I picked mine up there on Saturday night. Got th last one each of both the BB Cherry and Illumination in the cooler. Tried the BB Cherry last night, very good. Gonna try the Illumination tonight. Talk about being in the right place at the right time....:slight_smile:

9. brian23456

brian23456 Aspirant (201) Apr 29, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

There was plenty of Illumination and a small amount of BBCS at Woodmans La Crosse, already drank a Illumination, awesome.

10. supercolter

supercolter Crusader (757) Apr 19, 2006 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Picked up Central Waters BB Stout, BB Barleywine, BB Cherry Stout, and Illumination in Hudson today... get some while they last!

11. Joeyuwp

Joeyuwp Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2012 Wisconsin

Haven't seen any cherry in Appleton yet. Found a place still stacked with BB, Peruvian, and Barleywine.

12. airmike

airmike Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2011 Colorado

And that's why I love Central Waters! Excellent barrel program and their offerings hang around for a while if you're willing to look for them!

13. wibrewer

wibrewer Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2011 Wisconsin

Care to share where?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.