Central Waters Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

1. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Devotee (453) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

From Facebook:
    Alright gang, a lot of you have been asking, and while there are still some details to be worked out, we can announce that our much anticipated 17th Anniversary Party will be held at the brewery on Saturday, January 24th from 3pm-10pm! So, save the date!
    Expect a more detailed post with information on the 17 bottle release, shuttle/hotel information, etc. in about a week or so!

And:
    Central Waters Brewing CompanyWe do have good news - with our recent expansion we will have the event completely indoors this year - no standing in line outside this year! While we can't promise it won't be cold waiting for the shuttle or making to your car, 17 sales and the live music will all be contained inside of the brewery and new barrel aging warehouse!

I hope to meet some fellow BAs there. Cheers!

2. orangestorm87

orangestorm87 Initiate (139) Dec 12, 2013 Wisconsin

Sounds fun. Better get with it this time. Just recently picked up my first bottles of 16 a couple weeks ago lol. Now its almost 17 time :)

Bshaw22 likes this.
  3. elkabong

elkabong Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Wisconsin

the new warehouse is pretty big. loads of space in there.

4. OBD

OBD Aspirant (215) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

This seems like as good a spot as any to make my first post on BA..
    I'll be there this year.. longtime CW fan but it'll be my first time making the trip to the anniversary party.
    Glad to hear the line will be indoors!

SSquare, end_27, THANAT0PSIS and 3 others like this.
  5. robear

robear Defender (668) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Central Waters indoors 17th Anniversary party. Warm feet. Cold beer. Perfect.

end_27, s_wit and michaelstolzman like this.
  6. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (2,283) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

CW BBS arrived in Madison today. ;)

7. robear

Beer Trader

Madison first- coincidence?

I don't mind this beer showing up a few weeks early.

8. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

with this being indoors, that makes the event nearly perfect. last year was a huge step up from 15 and it sounds like this year will be equally awesome

9. WI-Beer-Man

Beer Trader

I haven't been to an Anniversary party, but was at the River Run/Amherst Beer Festival event. I assume the Anniversary parties are packed with a lot more people?

10. robear

Beer Trader

A few thousand last year, at least. The biggest issue was waiting in line to purchase your allotment- 2+ hours, mostly in a tent, but on an icepack. Lots of very cold people. You send runners to get cups of beer.
    You purchased a Brown Paper Tickets $5 ticket that put your name on a list to buy up to 8 bottles of 16. Then you paid for as many as you wanted when you got to the front of the line. They allowed proxies openly, which I hope they don't do this year. But, obviously they brewed more than enough to satisfy demand. Good beers on tap, good music.

11. BobCobb

BobCobb Aspirant (295) Jul 10, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

First year in awhile I'd be in town for this, and apparently my wife yelled down the hallway last week while on the phone asking whether we had plans for the 24th of January. And now we are scheduled for a non-decade birthday dinner in the city. Cannot remember a time when someone had people block off time over two months away for a birthday dinner.

Plenty of time though to find a mannequin to sit in for me. Only risk is that people might be tipped off when it's more affable than I would be.

12. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 Wisconsin

It showed up in Hudson today as well.

13. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (185) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

YAYY!!! Look forward to this party every year, and I am excited to hear the details about 17!

14. WI-Beer-Man

Beer Trader

Barrel aged stout is as much as I've heard.

15. mykey120

Beer Trader

I assumed that much, I want to hear the fine details/allocations/tickets. I thought they had a stout with maple syrup that was the base for 17 at some tap takeovers awhile back. Anyone recall that? That would be awesome!

16. eyemustard

eyemustard Aspirant (233) Apr 5, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I remember Burnhearts had an event where they tapped 16 before it was put into barrels and primed it with maple syrup, but I haven't heard of anything similar for 17.

17. 1noa

1noa Aspirant (266) Mar 24, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I think i'm just starting to warm up from last year. Excited to celebrate another year at Central Waters!

18. elkabong

elkabong Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Wisconsin

having been to both multiple times.. yes... way more people at the Anniv party

19. mykey120

Beer Trader

Ahhh, that is probably what I am thinking of. Whatever 17 is I am sure it will be great and hopefully just as plentiful as 16!

20. robear

Beer Trader

I think it's pretty cool if they still have 16 left by the anniversary party. To be able to buy these side by side would be a great bonus.

21. striker2160

striker2160 Disciple (391) May 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

They must have made a lot of 16 as my wife and I were there back in late July and picked up 16 more bottles. I think they were saying that they had limited quantities left back then.

22. fredmugs

fredmugs Poo-Bah (1,508) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I bought six bottles on my way home from Darkness Day (Oct 25th).

funhog likes this.
  23. striker2160

striker2160 Disciple (391) May 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yes I heard the limit is down to 6 in limited quantities of course.

24. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (238) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Now if they can just get cell service at the brewery.... :)

hey5hitgoose and Mitchell57 like this.
  25. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (2,283) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I had full 4G coverage when I was there in October.

jRocco2021 likes this.
  26. Chiefilliniwek

Chiefilliniwek Initiate (83) Mar 4, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I did too but none of my other group of 4 guys got any service, they were all using mine to check in with their significant others that we got there safely.

27. AstraXtreme

AstraXtreme Initiate (184) Mar 21, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I have AT&T and get shit for service in that brewery. Luckily the Wifi works.

stevegoz likes this.
  28. SkippyChop

SkippyChop Initiate (64) Jan 31, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

At the last anniversary party, I got good enough reception on my Virgin Mobile phone at Central Waters. I didn't have to wander around to find a spot where it worked, or go outside or anything. I would assume Sprint would be the same.

29. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (238) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

My AT&T 4G phone was useless at the 16 party and again when I was there in May. (Full disclosure: the camera still worked.) But if they have wifi I can keep in touch with the wife while in line at the 17 party!

30. JulianC

JulianC Initiate (199) Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Verizon? Yes I had 4 bars of 4G everywhere.

Anyway, will be in attendance this year again. I hope they get the same polka band again, that shit was bumpin. srs.

31. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (175) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

AT&T bought 51% of Element Mobile, a cell company in Central WI. Their towers were converted to GSM from CDMI so you should have better reception this year.

32. AstraXtreme

AstraXtreme Initiate (184) Mar 21, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I was at the brewery this weekend, and sure enough, full bars. Nice!

stevegoz likes this.
  33. elkhunter36

elkhunter36 Initiate (160) Feb 29, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Event
    Central Waters 17th Anniversary,Seventeen Ticket Sales
    NOTE: This is ONLY to guarantee your allocation of 8 bottles of Seventeen at the party on January 24 2015, this is NOT for entry into the party, the party is still free to attend!

On January 24, 2015, we will be hosting our 17th anniversary party from 3pm - 10pm. Once again, we will be selling tickets to reserve your allocation, of up to 8 bottles of our new anniversary beer, Seventeen, for $15 per bottle, these tickets go on sale on December 1st, 2014. This ticket price of $5 per ticket ONLY reserves your allotment, you must pay for your bottles of Seventeen on site, CASH ONLY. We will not hold your beer for you past the times of 3pm - 7pm on January 24, 2015. All online ticket sale profits will be donated to The Jensen Center, Amherst's local community center. After 7pm, we will open sales up of any remaining Seventeen on a first come first served basis, with allotments to be determined, if there even is any available for sale after these times.

The doors to the party open at 3pm, in the coming weeks, we will be posting more details about this event, please check our website and Facebook page for details about the party itself, this is strictly for ticket sales regarding Seventeen allocations.

To recap, purchasing a ticket here for $5, which we will donate to a local community center, reserves your allocation for up to 8 bottles of Seventeen at $15 each. You may pick these bottles up and pay for them at the designated Seventeen sale site at the brewery on January 24, 2015, anytime between the hours of 3pm and 7pm, CASH ONLY.

NEW THIS YEAR
    Sales will not happen outside in a tent. All sales for this beer will happen inside the main brewery building. In order to improve on last year, this year's event will be ticketed. Brown Paper Tickets will mail you a physical ticket for this allocation, when presented at the brewery, this ticket will allow you to purchase up to 8 bottles. In the event your ticket does not arrive or is lost, contact Brown Paper Tickets and they will add your name to a "will call" list, we will have your name at the brewery, just remember an ID!

PROXY BUYING
    We will once again be allowing proxy buying, for those poor souls not able to actually attend this event. HOWEVER, this year it is limited to 1(one) additional purchase per person. Last year, the proxy buying was what slowed things down quite a bit, so choose wisely who you are willing to buy for! Since you may only purchase one ticket per person, whoever you are proxying for will need to send you their physical ticket from Brown Paper Tickets. Will call will not be accepted for proxy buying!

Thank you to everyone in the beer community for your overwhelming support, see you in January!

end_27, Gonzoillini, tourdot and 6 others like this.
  34. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,022) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Beer Trader

35. kodymupa

kodymupa Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

ISO: Proxy from Chicago
    BM me if you are going

36. hey5hitgoose

Beer Trader

so can i have an idea what the beer is before i sign up?

37. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (171) Aug 5, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Pretty sure it is Two-Year Old Hop Rise aged in piss-rinsed clay pots. ;)

Edit: Although I am also curious - could do with something besides a barrel stout again, as I still have a lot of 16 that I love dearly but rarely get a chance to drink. I'll probably be happy with whatever they release because I am a dopey CW fanboy.

38. hey5hitgoose

Beer Trader

I mean, I'm all fine with it being a stout. I've been a fan of all their anniversaries, especially 16. But if it's a stout with licorice, For example, I'll pass

39. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,022) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Some info on the FB

The Beer - 17 - and it's details...

Once again, we will be selling a limited amount of an anniversary beer, this year called 17. This beer is a blend of different barrel aged stouts, with a mixture of bourbon barrels ranging in age from 12 years old to 25 years old!

dmbforever and hey5hitgoose like this.
  40. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (563) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I'm in again. I'll proxy for my wife ;)

stevegoz likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe