Central Waters Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Skins

Skins Initiate (190) Nov 10, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Maple has kicked at the brewery...

2. Dactrius

Dactrius Meyvn (1,097) Apr 23, 2012 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

While I'm happy I got bottles it was quite disappointing that they didn't have enough Maple on tap to make sure everyone got some, especially with them charging over twice as much per oz for the bottles.

I would've been fine with them not having maple on tap at all, but just having it for Saturday & early Sunday would be like DLD not having variants for everyone, but not telling you ahead of time that you might get screwed by being in a later group. If they didn't have enough they should've put a limit on pours. I'm sure plenty of people went nuts at $4 a snifter.

3. HawkeyeBeerLover

HawkeyeBeerLover Initiate (166) Jun 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

As someone who had 2 glasses there, I apologize. I figured they'd have more than enough for everyone but I'm sure some people went nuts with it, as you said.

Foxman27 likes this.
  4. Spewlander

Spewlander Initiate (124) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

But it wasn't an event. Just normal days at the taproom that happen to coincide with a bottle pickup.

5. Dactrius

Dactrius Meyvn (1,097) Apr 23, 2012 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Two glasses is totally reasonable, but much more than that (if you knew they didn't have enough, which nobody but CW knew I assume) does suck for people who got shut out.

It's largely just an issue of expectations, if I hadn't been reading about them having it flowing freely and having extra bottle tickets available on BA I wouldn't have been let down. It wasn't surprising or disappointing when there was no Ardea on tap at that release because I wasn't expecting it and they hadn't just sent out a bunch of kegs to random restaurants/bars around the state.

I know it wasn't an "event" but if you're telling me that they just randomly decided to put maple on tap the day they had a bottle pickup, well, that's quite the coincidence.

6. Redsunsx01x

Redsunsx01x Aspirant (205) Jul 5, 2016 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I had 3 but one of them was the ticket pour and at $4 ionno if you could blame anyone. Some places here in Chicago, that wont get you more than a PBR.

croush likes this.
  7. Parsoncr

Parsoncr Initiate (22) Mar 16, 2016 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Did anyone hang out to see if they released more bottles Sunday evening or today at the bottle shop? thought about hanging out to see after just missing it on tap

8. Cub_Fan_Bud_Man

Cub_Fan_Bud_Man Initiate (120) Jan 19, 2017 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I'm a big fan of releasing the beer across two days - keeps the size of the crowd down and makes it easier for customers to plan their weekends. I hope they do this for future releases (except for the Anniversary party).

HawkeyeBeerLover likes this.
  9. HawkeyeBeerLover

HawkeyeBeerLover Initiate (166) Jun 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Agreed, this release was awesome. Everyone on Saturday seemed to be having a great time and there weren't any line issues.

Number1Framer likes this.
  10. Foxman27

Foxman27 Initiate (122) Nov 21, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Anyone seen the labels for the releases Friday?

11. just_in

just_in Aspirant (263) Apr 24, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I'd sure like to see them.

12. just_in

Beer Trader

So no hype around this one, that's nice but too bad I can't go. I thought it might be a shit show with the limited bottle limits. I would love to get some Bloody Sunrise.

13. Neverdie7

Neverdie7 Initiate (188) Jun 7, 2008 Wisconsin

Eh, its tequila barrels so not a big deal I guess. lol

14. SourAddict

SourAddict Disciple (349) Jun 18, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Any updates on how much they have and how long it will last?

15. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,627) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Can't imagine a ton of people from Madison drove up today given the whole craft beer week thing.

16. damasta414

damasta414 Initiate (117) Mar 7, 2017 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Does The Promise bottles ever hit distro?

17. ShooterMcGavin

ShooterMcGavin Initiate (139) May 8, 2011 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

No, at this point it has only been brewery only tap. I believe this is the first time it hit bottles. Goes for all 3 that were released.

18. just_in

Beer Trader

Correct

19. Neverdie7

So the 3 tequila barrel aged beers must not be a huge deal, nobody has posted a peep about any of them?

A_Rad likes this.
  20. Foxman27

Foxman27 Initiate (122) Nov 21, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

They've had them at the brewery for a while, but it is nice to have bottles to share with friends who don't get up to the brewery.

21. just_in

Beer Trader

Yeah, they're not new but getting a hold of some Bloody Sunrise for home consumption is amazing.

sonoma01 and Number1Framer like this.
  22. A_Rad

A_Rad Disciple (345) May 8, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Are they still at the brewery? I would love to get some. Don't know if I need to trade or drive.

23. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (71) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Amen to that. I'm not a fan of El Ganador or The Promise, but Bloody Sunrise is the best tequila BA beer I've had by miles. I wish they would add it to the Brewer's reserve series as a spring or summer release because that would be a perfect campfire beer IMO.

atone315 likes this.
  24. just_in

Beer Trader

You're better off trading because a 2 hour drive for the limits would be rough. They don't seem to require much to get.

25. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (154) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I stopped at CW yesterday and was able to get the limit for all three beers.

sonoma01 and Omensetter like this.
  26. CoreyC

CoreyC Aspirant (257) Mar 16, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I have yet to see Cassian Sunset this year. Last year I thought it was in stores in April or May. Does anyone know what is happening with this release?

27. bwelch21

bwelch21 Aspirant (261) Nov 5, 2014 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

flat_lander likes this.
  28. flat_lander

flat_lander Aspirant (202) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Beer Trader

29. CoreyC

Beer Trader

Great - thanks! I'll relax on that one for a while.

30. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (2,408) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Anyone had last years BBSA recently? I'm thinking I just have a bad bottle, but it poured with a very foamy head and had some tartness in the flavor. I have 2 more bottles, so hopefully they will be fine. Makes me want a fresh bottle.

31. EvilMidnightBomber

EvilMidnightBomber Initiate (179) Feb 12, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Must be a scotch ale kind of night, I just happen to be drinking my last 2016 CW BBSA right now. And it tastes fine.
    Hope your other ones are okay.

Ri0 likes this.
  32. flat_lander

flat_lander Aspirant (202) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I had a '16 about a month ago and it was great. Mine are cellared in a dark spot that stays about 60 year round.

scream likes this.
  33. Neverdie7

I've been drinking them non stop until I couldn't get anymore this last Friday. My secret beer stop finally ran out of his stash and I am bummed. The beer was tasting great! And no problems with foam issues. It started to get a little sweet there but I kinda like that in my scotch ales. So no issues other then the store ran out.

34. CoreyC

Beer Trader

I also had BBSA last week that was not so good - I'd call it sour. I've been drinking these periodically since last year's release, and this was the first one that was off. I have two left and am a little nervous now.

35. scream

scream Disciple (344) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

no problems here !

Ri0 likes this.
  36. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (71) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Since I just had a BBSA last weekend I guess I'll chime in too. Haven't noticed anything off with mine.

37. MiracleWhale

MiracleWhale Initiate (179) May 29, 2014 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Any idea when the BB Cherry stout will hit distro?

38. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (1,825) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Should be soon according to their website. But it will be Wisconsin distro only.

39. bobanddoug

bobanddoug Initiate (55) Mar 13, 2016 Illinois
    Beer Trader

anyone seen de kleine dood?

40. Vitacca

Vitacca Devotee (444) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

August/September.

CMLinder and FBarber like this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.