Central Waters Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JGam115

JGam115 Disciple (354) Apr 8, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Haven't had any of the Anniversary beers before, but have been thoroughly impressed with their Brewer's Reserve series since they entered the NYC market a few months back.

2. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Defender (638) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

If you can land some, do it. Sixteen is one of the best BA stouts out there (no exaggeration or homerism), and, because of high quantity, it does not trade very highly. Brewer's Reserve BA Stout is awesome, no doubt about it (especially for the price), but Sixteen is on another level. Try to make it out for the anniversary party, too! It's a good time, and it's something to see so many people come out in the frigid north-ish WI winter for beer.

BlastBeats, OBD, Drucifer and 2 others like this.
  3. ksecler

ksecler Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

anyone else having issues getting tickets?

Gonzoillini likes this.
  4. Birdrinker

Birdrinker Initiate (197) Mar 30, 2014 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Yeah, admission level, quantity fields are empty....

5. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian Devotee (435) Dec 19, 2012 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

It's fixed !

6. SAEmick

SAEmick Aspirant (264) Jan 16, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Site is good to go now. Buy away fellow beer geeks

XmnwildX12 likes this.
  7. JLWalker20

JLWalker20 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2014 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Got my ticket, but found out some dozens of minutes later that I'll be in Florida that weekend for work. :(

8. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,043) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Beer Trader

All you gotta do is find someone to proxy for you. Details are on the BPT page i believe.

9. OBD

OBD Aspirant (215) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Ticket scored! Time to recruit some buddies..

Can anyone discuss briefly how the shuttle system works.. how often, etc? I'm remembering that it's easy to catch one at nearby hotels if you're staying at one of the undesignated spots? I just reserved a room at LaQuinta.

10. JLWalker20

JLWalker20 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2014 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I gotta find someone to do that for me. I just moved to Milwaukee from Atlanta and don't really know anyone here!

11. atone315

atone315 Savant (933) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I could probably help you out.

JLWalker20 and Jaycase like this.
  12. Yohann

Yohann Disciple (319) Apr 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

My guess is this year they'll shoot for a 30-minute shuttle loop, though weather may interfere with that. I don't think La Quinta is one of the designated stops (rumor is La Quinta management asked that it not be), but is across the street from a stop. As to how it works – you just get on the bus when it shows up, and get off the bus when you come to the right stop.

13. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (3,428) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

This can be harder than it sounds about 11PM!

Duff27, Mitchell57, OBD and 1 other person like this.
  14. beerwolf77

beerwolf77 Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2009 Wisconsin

That's why you leave at 9pm like a professional.

15. shredder83

shredder83 Devotee (423) Feb 21, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Making the trip for 17 and of course the party this year, a friend had fun at 16 last year so it's on!!

16. mkez

mkez Initiate (142) May 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Anyone willing to Proxy for a Milwaukee BA? My wife's work christmas party is that night, and I'd love to get some of the 17 after having the 16 at a beer dinner this year.

17. knapers03

knapers03 Initiate (180) Aug 27, 2009 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Are tickets really sold out, or is it another issue with the website?

18. egrace84

egrace84 Savant (928) Mar 25, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Yep, they're sold out.

knapers03 likes this.
  19. ddskos

ddskos Initiate (69) Apr 28, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Ticket arrived today

20. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Disciple (348) Mar 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

21. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

If anyone has an extra and can't make it let me know

22. Mitchell57

Mitchell57 Disciple (328) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader Subscriber

Meh. Assuming 17 lasts more than that day or week, can still get some. Or generous people will share :)

Not a huge deal. Gotta jump on these kind of things. Can't sleep on certain breweries

23. doublevision

doublevision Initiate (167) Sep 8, 2014 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Anyone think more tickets will become available? they seem to hint at it.

24. Yohann

Beer Trader

Hop Head Tours is running a shuttle to the CW anniversary party from Madison, with a stop at O'so before hitting CW. We took it last year, and it's pretty nice – full motorcoach w/ restroom, and they allow beer shares on the bus.

25. dheldman

dheldman Zealot (514) Feb 7, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Any chance they pick up in Plover? Anyone know if there is a Plover to Amherst shuttle this year?

26. KBS

KBS Disciple (312) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Do they sell any of their anniversary beer in their regular distribution or only at the brewery?

27. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (185) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Brewery only

28. Yohann

Beer Trader

AFAIK Hop Head just goes from Madison (Vintage and Alchemy) to O'so and then to Central Waters – no other stops.

Anyone going for the Hop Head shuttle, don't wait too long to book – it sold out last year well ahead of time.

29. robear

robear Defender (668) May 24, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I saw 16 on shelves once. It was marked up to $25 and was not supposed to be there. I think the shop sold out anyway.

I did buy a single bottle at another shop where it was offered at the counter for $15.

30. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (185) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I would think those were shop owners trying to make some money or hook people up I guess? I don't know, but I asked at the party and they said they would keep all the extra 16 at the brewery to sell, and the fact that they still had 16 at the brewery pretty recently I think shows that they probably didn't send any out to distribution.

31. atone315

atone315 Savant (933) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I'm assuming any shops selling it at $25 were looking at making a buck. I bought 1414 from a local shop, they only charged $15 at the time so they made $5...completely worth it to me. Don't think I'll be able to buy CW's anny beers from them anymore though, they need to keep 'em for the beer fest they put on.

32. KBS

Beer Trader

I Live in Grand Rapids (about 10 minutes from Founders) and get to Appleton, Wi about 5 times a year to see family. I guess the only way to get it is to make the trek an extra hour each way to Central Waters. Not sure if it's worth that far of a drive...or is it? If anyone wants to hook me up, could do a Founders trade. Happened to be in a store when they delivered the New Glarus Anny beer and picked one up. Wish I would have picked up a dozen because it was delicious.

33. THANAT0PSIS

Beer Trader

If you haven't had their anniversary beers before, it's far more than worth it. Definitely not trying to insult personal taste or anything, but I recently had KBS alongside Sixteen (the last anniversary), and KBS was a mess compared to it. A friend almost poured his KBS out in order to get a pour of Sixteen sooner. One hour is a paltry amount of time for beer this good. No homerism, CW is doing some of the best barrel-aging in the country, and if Seventeen is an improvement over Sixteen, it'll be one of the top barrel-aged stouts, period.

You will also likely have a very hard time trading Founders anything for CW stuff due to the distribution overlap.

JulianC likes this.
  34. KBS

Beer Trader

No offense taken. Just because my name on here is KBS doesn't mean I don't like plenty of other brews just as well, or better. The BBA's are my favorite though like Big Bad Baptist, BCBS, etc.. KBS just started me on craft and the style. Probably won't make it back to WI until Feb or March so will have to watch to make sure it's still available before I make the trek.

35. THANAT0PSIS

Beer Trader

Some generous BA may just give you one for being new-ish or trade it for something generous. Sixteen is still around, so unless they made a whole lot less of Seventeen, I'd say you've a pretty good shot if you make it there in February.

Also, if you want to reply to someone so they see that you've done so, make sure to click "Reply" on the bottom right of the comment. I just happened back in here otherwise I never would've known you responded. Cheers dude.

Duff27 likes this.
  36. jRocco2021

Beer Trader

If anybody is looking for a proxy and isn't gonna buy their full allocation of 17 or is willing to part with a bottle or two lmk me and my friend both got shut out of ticket sales this year so we are both looking to proxy for somebody. BM me and we can hopefully work something out.

37. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,442) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

How'd you get shut out of ticket sales? Just plain forgot? It was open for a few days.

38. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

i got shut out too. i completely forgot about it man

39. JulianC

JulianC Aspirant (202) Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Think so? Given the state of affairs in craft I'd say the tickets sold out because they sold out allotments.

Now not everyone is going to get qty8 so there may be leftovers, but I wouldn't count on it hanging around like last year.

funhog likes this.
  40. jRocco2021

Beer Trader

Basically I just figured I had time and wasn't sure if I was going or not, so just pure stupidity on my part. I realize I could have gotten it and had someone proxy for me but I didn't wanna deal with that to be honest. I'm hoping it has not all been allocated but I've already been wrong once so might as well shoot for the safe bet.

Truthfully I just want to keep my anniversary verticle going so one or two bottles is fine by me. I only got 4 16 for myself I and I proxied for a friend. Not really a big deal if I can't get 17 cuz I'll get to try it on tap at the party at least.

Seems weird though that they would regress to a smaller amount. If I have this right it basically went like this:

1414 - largest CW event ever had at the time.
    15 - complete shit show CW completely unprepared for our beer nerd shenanigans.
    16 - CW makes it fucking rain 16
    17 - goes back to more limited release?

Other scenerio is that's just a testament to how much the event has grown and the increase in demand has caught up.

In any case I'm excited to go to the party I got my funk factory beers to look forward too and I have had extremely good luck acquiring highly sought after beers for a couple years now I was bound to miss out at some point. I will get over it, we'll see how other people handle it lol. It was pretty funny watching how hard some people took missing out on 15.

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More