Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Central Waters Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

1. dmbforever

dmbforever Moderator (580) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

@biggmatt74 (tag him next time :slight_smile: )

2. biggmatt74

biggmatt74 Initiate (139) Dec 15, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

3. biggmatt74

biggmatt74 Initiate (139) Dec 15, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

@Broom

Reposted just to add tag.

4. Vinithing

Vinithing Disciple (367) Feb 21, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

ISO a ticket for this. Would be a really long day if I have to wait till after they get through all the ticket holders. Totally my fault, waited too long. Must have been that hefty $5 price tag.

5. Makubex

Makubex Aspirant (246) Jul 4, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Will be driving up from Chicago. Can offer to mule or maybe even provide a ride for anyone if needed.

6. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

They will start selling to non ticnet holders after their allotment? I completely forgot about the whole brownpapertickets thing. We have gone the past 3 years now and I'm bummed I'm not able to pick up any bottles

7. Vinithing

Beer Trader

Yes at 7 or after all the ticket holders get their bottles. So not sure how long that line will be for non ticket holders..

8. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (188) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

That is also only if bottles are left over, so if people dont purchase their full allotments or if people with tickets dont show up. So there might be a decent amount of bottles for purchase at 7, or there might not be any.

9. hey5hitgoose

hey5hitgoose Aspirant (276) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I can't see them having made that mich less than last year, especially when there is only 1 proxy available. There would have to have only made like 1/10 of last year and that doesn't even make sense. I'll take my chances and drive up

10. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Devotee (469) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

All details here (pretty much outlined above already)

http://centralwaters.com/events/index.php?id=16

Since 17 is a blend of barrel aged stouts, it is hard to guess how much will be bottled. I would hope (just like everyone else), that it is a ton and that it will be available to everyone who wants it.

Ri0 likes this.
  11. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (188) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I don't get why everyone thinks this will be the same as last year, am i missing something? Last year they did tickets for 16, and those tickets never sold out and the beer was readily available after the party. This year tickets sell out and people think it will still be readily available, why? Why would they stop selling tickets if they still have a ton of bottles not spoken for? Yeah 16 was widely available, but this is a different beer, and i assume cw would want to sell more tickets if they get had more available bottles, right? Is this just wishful thinking for the people that didn't buy tickets and nothing else?

12. UWBadgerFan4Life

UWBadgerFan4Life Defender (620) Jul 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

We need an actual ticket this year, correct? Did they mail those out yet? I'm not sure I ever got mine.

13. Vinithing

Beer Trader

I think they won't have as much 17 as they had 16. But i think they will have some bottles left that night. Not everyone is going to get their full allotment and some people just won't be able to make it for whatever reason. There is no way the brewed enough to cover the tickets sold. So I'd say there is a really good chance to get bottles Saturday. After that I'm not holding my breath.

14. elkabong

elkabong Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Wisconsin

interesting, i heard they had way more 17 than 16

15. atone315

atone315 Savant (933) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Got mine a few weeks ago....definitely before the holidays.

stevegoz and UWBadgerFan4Life like this.
  16. atone315

Beer Trader

Heard from whom?

Yohann likes this.
  17. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Devotee (402) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Yep, mine was mailed to me within a few days of when I purchased it online.

funhog, stevegoz and UWBadgerFan4Life like this.
  18. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (3,548) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

NEW THIS YEAR
    Sales will not happen outside in a tent. All sales for this beer will happen inside the main brewery building. In order to improve on last year, this year's event will be ticketed. Brown Paper Tickets will mail you a physical ticket for this allocation, when presented at the brewery, this ticket will allow you to purchase up to 8 bottles. In the event your ticket does not arrive or is lost, contact Brown Paper Tickets and they will add your name to a "will call" list, we will have your name at the brewery, just remember an ID!

UWBadgerFan4Life likes this.
  19. UWBadgerFan4Life

Beer Trader

Thanks. I read this earlier today. Just wanted to see if other people had received tickets yet. It's possible my wife thought it was junk mail and threw it out. :grimacing:

20. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,097) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I remember receiving a ticket about a week after the sale, around the first week of Dec. It was pretty quick.

21. elkabong

people who know stuff

22. elkabong

divorce her

23. Yohann

Yohann Disciple (319) Apr 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Well, that certainly settles it then. Say no more.

BigBadBeerSnob and elkabong like this.
  24. atone315

Beer Trader

Sounds legit.

#sarcasm

HighWine and elkabong like this.
  25. elkabong

take my word for it. i know a lot of stuff.

26. chazmcbro

chazmcbro Initiate (89) Sep 7, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

So as soon as someone says they actually have a source for something they posted, everyone doubts their info? Lolz. Keep being you, BA.

DBCooperIII and Drew26 like this.
  27. Vinithing

Beer Trader

Maybe the made the same amount but sold a shit ton of tickets? I don't recall seeing how many tickets were available.

28. atone315

Beer Trader

WELL, my source tells me they made 500 bottles. So, I guess I'm right too.

29. elkabong

sonofabitch this goes deeper than i thought

30. chazmcbro

Beer Trader

Hah, well I just don't see a point in driving each other crazy with speculation when it's one of the best WI beer events of the year and there will probably be pretty big bottle limits.

31. atone315

Beer Trader

L O L

elkabong likes this.
  32. chazmcbro

Beer Trader

Ok what am I missing?

33. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,793) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

The trolling is burgeoning in this thread.

34. chazmcbro

Beer Trader

Dammit.

atone315 and elkabong like this.
  35. UWBadgerFan4Life

Beer Trader

Tickets have been found! Wife threw them in the junk drawer. Divorce avoided....for now. :wink:

36. SkippyChop

SkippyChop Initiate (66) Jan 31, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Since we're all just speculating here, here's a thought: maybe they filled a lot of barrels with the beer going into the 17 blend, but only blended a limited amount of it to make 17 (a much smaller amount than the total amount of 16 that was bottled/kegged). maybe the rest is still in the barrels and/or CW is doing other things with it (let some age another year and do single barrel Black Gold type of releases later in 2015, blend some of it into CW 18, etc).

BigBadBeerSnob and WI-Beer-Man like this.
  37. Mitchell57

Mitchell57 Disciple (328) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Subscriber Beer Trader

We can just find out how long 17 lasts when it runs out or when people hear somewhat definitive things from CW employees. No one has a better or worse argument for why there might (MIGHT) be more or less 17 than 16.

elkabong likes this.
  38. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Devotee (469) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I cant find the post from Paul re: bottle shares at the Anniversary Party - does anyone know where that was posted?

39. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (132) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

You mean the trading spreadsheet (which includes who's opening what)?

40. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (3,793) Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Think he's asking whether bottle sharing is allowed at the party and what the rules are. That has been an issue in the past.

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.