Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Change of plans: Best bars and liquor stores by Eagan

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by GFG, Feb 26, 2013.

1. GFG

GFG

Hey guys, as some of you may remember I had a post last week about the top places in Burnsville. Well I had a change of plans. Now I need to know the best bars and beer stores in Eagan. I'll be staying at the Residence Inn by MSP.

Thanks!

2. minnesotaryan

You should message me and I will open some beers with you

KWMiles and laymansbeerfan like this.
  3. maximum12

Beer Trader

Zest right off of Diffley has really good food & a few good taps. Old Chicago off of Yankee Doodle has a ton of taps, usually 2-4 decent ones. If you have a car, honestly your best bet is to jump on 35E & drive 10 minutes to St. Paul. Some very good places in the city.

Big Top off Yankee Doodle has a pretty good selection. Black Diamond (right next door to Zest) off S. Robert has a decent selection & they're good folks. The MGM a bit south off of Pilot Knob has upped its game recently. Again, though, a short drive south will bring your to the Eagan Cellars &/or Blue Max in Burnsville, both great places (though the Cellars has high prices).

Chaz and laymansbeerfan like this.
  4. HomeBrewed

Beer Trader

When will you be in town?

5. brydeen

Beer Trader

I second the vote for Zest. Really solid food, and 5-6 decent tap selections makes for a very solid happy hour venue

6. GFG

GFG

I get in around 9pm on March 20th and leave around 11 or noon on the 24th

7. MN_Beerticker

Again if you want to hit Blue Max is a mile or two off of 35E on the CTY RD 42 exit. Only about 11 miles South on 35E from Residence Inn in Eagan.

8. grantcty

Well, since you'll be staying right by it, you should check out The Lone Oak Grill. They have a pretty solid tap list, about as good as Zest's.

runfoodrun and Ish1 like this.
  9. brewseum

Beer Trader

Beers always taste slightly better on a corporate card.

10. Ish1

Beer Trader

+1 on Lone Oak Grill. Unfortunately, you are in Suburbia so you options are somewhat limited. If you have a rental car, blue max is worth the drive. Shooting accross the river to St. Paul/Mpls may be worth it as well (Happy Gnome, Muddy Pig, Busters on 28th, etc.)

11. mjchapley

Beer Trader

I would say Lone Oak is your best bet in that area. But if you have the time and don't have a car I think it is well worth the taxi fair to go up to the Gnome, Pig, Sweeny's (all within walking distance and by the end of March should be warm enough to manage). Or cab up to Groveland Tap grab a burger and beer for lunch then walk across the street the the Ale Jail and grab some bottles.

12. GFG

GFG

I have a car. I'm driving down from Grand Forks. I'll more than likely be hitting up Blue Max. I've been wanting to go to the gnome and four firkins for quite some time as well, so maybe I'll try get to one of those as well

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe