Charlotte to Asheville - Beer Recommendations

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Damian, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian

Damian Poo-Bah (3,396) Jun 1, 2006 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

My father and I will be visiting Asheville over the next week and are looking for some beer (and perhaps food) recommendations. We'll be flying into Charlotte, renting a car, and driving to Asheville. We wouldn't mind exploring Charlotte a bit as well, along with any places on the route from Charlotte to Asheville, or close to Asheville. What are some recs for breweries, bottle shops, restaurants, etc.? I am really hoping to try some draft-only Wicked Weed beers, along with some beers from breweries that don't get distributed to my home state of MA. Any and all recs are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1 Damian, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  2. scottdills

scottdills Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2010 North Carolina

Charlotte breweries: Wooden Robot, Heist, NoDa
    Charlotte bottle shops: Brawley's, Salud, Good Bottle
    Breweries along the way: Olde Hickory, Fonta Flora, Highland, Burial, Wicked Weed.

Damian and ScottDawg7 like this.
  3. Subcontrabass

Subcontrabass Initiate (57) Jun 21, 2014 North Carolina

If you're flying back from CLT, I recommend making a loop going to/from AVL. You can go to AVL via 74 West and visit Newgrass in Shelby then the breweries on I-26 going up to Asheville.

On the way back, take I-40 East through Black Mountain (Pisgah, Lookout), Morganton (Fonta Flora, a must) and Hickory (Olde Hickory).

There's a bunch of threads about beercationing in Asheville, so do a search for South-Atlantic and check out some of the more recent ones.

Damian likes this.
  4. DeadWalkerAir

DeadWalkerAir Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2014 South Carolina

The_FishermanJay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.