Chicago Help

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by sefus12, Apr 30, 2013.

1. sefus12

sefus12 Sep 7, 2006 Kentucky

Hey folks. I'm heading up to Chicago for a long weekend and was wondering if anyone can help me track down some of Pipeworks' brews. I'm staying in Roscoe Village and Binny's website says that Ninja vs Unicorn isn't available at the Lincoln Park location. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

2. MasterSki

MasterSki Dec 25, 2006 Ontario (Canada)
    Site Editor Subscriber Beer Trader

West Lakeview Liquors is your closest and best option for Pipeworks.

Bay01 likes this.
  3. emerge077

emerge077 Apr 16, 2005 Illinois

Beer Temple is a half mile west of there on Belmont also...
    Green Lady has some Pipeworks, Northdown and Village Tap are also within walking distance.

4. ChicagoNick

ChicagoNick Nov 16, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

you won't have trouble finding pipeworks in chicago. Beer Temple, Capone's, West Lakeview Liquors, etc. All are priced appropriately and stock the latest and greatest from Pipeworks. Capone's is expensive on most other stuff, however.

5. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Bottles & Cans would be worth a stop, too.

And while it's true that Pipeworks, generally speaking, is easy to find, if you have a specific hankering for their DIPA's (ninjas and unicorns, etc.), you may not be as lucky. Those don't tend to last long.

6. jdhende

jdhende Sep 27, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Roscoe Village might be one of the best areas to find Pipeworks so you are in luck OP.

As others have said WLV, bottles and cans and Beer Temple are all solid options. If you are looking for other stuff also check out Lush or Evolution. They are both hit or miss, but I saw Doom sitting on the counter at Lush on Saturday.

7. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Sep 1, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

welcome to my hood. everyone on this thread is spot on and as stated above, WLV liquors is your best bet. bottles & cans and beer temple are both really close and great stores.

i'll add before you go liquors to the list for pipeworks, not in roscoe, but right over the damen bridge. and if you're looking for other chicago locals, check out pelly's on lincoln ave.

8. JimmyW

JimmyW Feb 17, 2011 Illinois

Fischman Liquors & Tavern
    Milwaukee and Lawrence in Jefferson Park.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!