Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Churchill's Finest Hour

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by funkel81, Mar 5, 2013.

1. bauermj

Beer Trader

So trade & taste wise how does CFH'13 compare with the 2012 version? Are there more bottles?

2. HopHead84

Beer Trader

Same amount blended as last year and same amount released to go as last year (360).

3. SubpoenaDeuces

taste wise, I preferred 2013 to 2012 and I think the babypalates that complain it was too hot/the 2% abv boost was too much will come around in 6 months. i am curious to see where the reviews end up falling, but in the meantime I will drink Pugachev's cobra in the minority without a single fuck to spare.

4. HopHead84

Beer Trader

I don't know exactly how strong 2012 was. Did they release alcoholyzer results for that one or are you just going off of the 2012 label?

5. SubpoenaDeuces

Cicerone L4, cetrifuge palate emphasis, my bitter zones have been trained to part our residual sugars and do subjective ABV tests.

srs tho I have no idea.

6. JustXBeer

Beer Trader

This Sr. is why your reviews are #realworld

7. woodchopper

Beer Trader

Well if someone sends me a bottle i will review it and give it a honest Midwest taste test
    it would also be my 1st review ........as I don't rate beers usually because it is so subjective to ones taste buds ..... but for this one I'm willing to give it a try and review it ;)

franklinn likes this.
  8. space_guy9

Beer Trader

2012 currently at 4.56, 2013 at 4.48....Good prediction!

Haven't seen many of these being traded in the forums (I'm assuming because there aren't that many out there, with only 360 bottles at each release), but what is the 2013 going for right now? I have a 2012 and would like to do a side-by-side with the 2013. Does anyone have any recently completed trades?

Thanks!

9. Pecan

Beer Trader

I did a vert with '11, '12, '13 around release and thought it went '12>'13>'11.

'13 was drinking a bit boozy fresh, but still delicious. It really did seem to have the most potential.

I revisited '13 a few weeks ago and I didn't seem to notice as much booziness. Relying solely on my memory of '12, I'd say they're drinking close to the same right now and '13 will likely surpass once it cools down.

space_guy9 and Wowcoolman like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe