Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Clown Shoes - Hammer of the Holy

Discussion in 'New England' started by 1up, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1up

1up Disciple (361) Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

averagjoe3, RMoeNay and sandman3479 like this.
  2. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

These guys put out a new beer every couple weeks it seems.

3. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Savant (957) Mar 17, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

It's technically not a new beer. Vampire Slayer was introduced a while ago.

RKing44 likes this.
  4. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Disciple (367) Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Variant, I believe is the beer geek term for it!!!
    Seriously though. THESE GUYS DO CRANK OUT NEW BEERS ALL THE TIME!

5. MistahBeah

MistahBeah Initiate (0) May 12, 2013 Massachusetts

Can't wait. Love vampire slayer and any stout they put out for that matter. In fact I'm bringing home a bottle of bombay berzerker today. Keep 'em comin' I say

6. Pahn

Pahn Meyvn (1,456) Dec 2, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

i'd say they're doin-it-right if the beers of the week were actually good. i've gambled and lost about 3 bottles too many on clown shoes personally, but a lot of people seem to love their specialty treatments, so i guess they are doin-it-right. what's wrong with new beers if they're good?

7. mcBrewsAlot

mcBrewsAlot Initiate (178) Dec 3, 2008 Massachusetts

where did you get yours?

8. shutyourface

shutyourface Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2010 New York

I want more Porcine Unidragon!

dennho likes this.
  9. MistahBeah

Douglas wine and spirits in Fairhaven. I order the beer for the store and couldn't pass it up when I heard it was available

10. Joe_Grizzly

Joe_Grizzly Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2013 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

Pisses me off I border the state they brew in and have yet to try/see one of their beers even in VT

I would help DISTRO if I could I want to try some that bad

11. MrDarcy

MrDarcy Aspirant (267) Aug 28, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

This one sounds off the chain with the bold flavors that I crave.

12. Pahn

Beer Trader

believe me, if you put your mind to it, you can get someone to bring you some clown shoes bottles if you offer some growlers from NH or VT.

Gosox8787 likes this.
  13. Pahn

Beer Trader

since i posted in this thread with yet another clown shoes bash, i'd like to add...

i had some clementine at prime 16 (figured i was getting a flight anyway, may as well give this upstart yet another try)... and it was really good. better than southampton double white (a favorite of mine), and honestly better than style-darling allagash white.

succulent, dry-enough, with sort of a pre-bitterness grapefruit/orange citrus sweetness. the coriander blends so perfectly that it influences the flavor without jumping out as a discrete element, and the summit hops add an earthiness that is right in line with the succulent/citrus.

if it reminds me of any other beer it's gnomegang, but with significantly less alcohol. i don't understand why this beer doesn't get more love... it's fantastic. brilliantly conceived and brewed.

14. jbertsch

jbertsch Meyvn (1,078) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

I dig it a lot too, and I normally don't give a crap about Wits

15. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

IDK,
    I like the Blaecorn Unidragon way more than the Porcine Unidragon.... I hope they BA'd this one right.
    I won't be hunting for it though, so I won't get it unless by chance.

16. MistahBeah

Definitely agree. I thought the blaecorn was a beast of a beer with a lot of complexity. I thought the porcine took all of the complexity out of the picture.
    I have high hopes for this even though vampire slayer is my favorite by clown shoes. Having greatly enjoyed other rum barrel aged brews I can't help but be excited by this.
    In my opinion, even the worst of clown shoes is still pretty darn good

17. mcBrewsAlot

anyone see this around the boston area?

18. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

It's not going to be released until October. It's kind of a pre-Halloween release type thing.

19. mcBrewsAlot

Matt, did this ever get released? It's been on my list of things to look out for

sandman3479 likes this.
  20. Infinite1

Infinite1 Aspirant (273) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Will this make it to Illinois ?

21. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

We had a little snag in production which is causing a bit of delay on the bottling of this beer. We're hoping to be able to bottle it within the next 2 weeks, I'll keep you guys updated on it.

Infinite1- We've allocated some for IL, 20 cases will make it's way to the Windy City a few weeks after we release.

22. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Chad

They were rumored to be coming to NH this past spring (or as one beer shop owner put it - "threatening to come to NH." I think they do good work on some of their stouts and sent them an email asking about NH distro this summer, but I never received a response.

23. Joe_Grizzly

Beer Trader

they had a post on facebook about submitting paperwork

so we will see

24. Joe_Grizzly

Beer Trader

facebook quote

We payed $100 to submit an application to receive an application to sell beer in New Hampshire, and we are also talking to potential wholesalers. Hoping to ship beer to NH around January!

25. kona14

kona14 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2010 Pennsylvania

If you Porcine and Blaecorn fans love those beers...try and get your hands on some Very Angry Beast. Cannot find them around here any more but I've had two bottles and they were both incredible!

26. mcBrewsAlot

where did you get hammer of the holy?

27. kona14

Me? I don't have any...don't think it's out yet

28. kona14

Update: Just received word via CS Facebook page that they are shipping Hammer of the Holy out as we speak...want some!

29. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Disciple (342) May 1, 2011 Maine

Love Clown Shoes stouts. I'll be on the lookout for this.

30. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

...and enter a new market

31. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Chad

They do keep some artists busy. I wonder if cock robot artist is still doing their labels.

jlordi12 likes this.
  32. Donco

Donco Devotee (482) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Just sampled my first bottle...excellent! Highly recommended for BA stout lovers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.